The MMA thread

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
here's the card...

-Chuck Liddell (c) vs. Tito Ortiz (UFC LHW Title)
-Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine
-Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcio "Pe De Pano" Cruz
-Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald
-Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer
-Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza
-Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero
-Yushin Okami vs. Rory Singer
-Anthony Perosh vs. Christian Wellisc

Swerny

Poster originally known MS MSP
Fight Night Live December 13th on Spike TV

Diego Sanchez vs Joe "Diesel" Riggs
Jeff Joslin vs Josh Koscheck
Karo Parisyan vs Drew Fickett

My picks are in bold.

ruudvanrooney

Suffers Bergkamp syndrome
We have our Premiership trophy back from the Russi
EspadaYdaga said:
what happened with liddell tito?

i didn't see the fight

Tito held up well for a couple of rounds but then made the mistake of catching chuck with a good shot,chucks eyes sort of went a bit crazy and he beat the shit out of ortiz for about 20 seconds and stopped him.

The 2 boys who are coming over from pride will clean up by the summer and i predict both will be champions in ufc,Crocop will beat tim silva and rampage will beat chuck for a second time

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
ruudvanrooney said:
Tito held up well for a couple of rounds but then made the mistake of catching chuck with a good shot,chucks eyes sort of went a bit crazy and he beat the shit out of ortiz for about 20 seconds and stopped him.

The 2 boys who are coming over from pride will clean up by the summer and i predict both will be champions in ufc,Crocop will beat tim silva and rampage will beat chuck for a second time
some pride fighters are coming to ufc?
but they will be fighting with pussy ufc rules yes?

ruudvanrooney

EspadaYdaga said:
some pride fighters are coming to ufc?
but they will be fighting with pussy ufc rules yes?

Yes mate,Cro- cop is a croation policeman and member of their parliment and a tough fecker to boot.Imho he is probably the best mma fighter in the world at the moment and he can fight at heavyweight or light heavy,i think he will fight at heavy and beat the crap out of silva or maybe orlovsky will have the belt back by then.

Take a look at this cro-cop guy on youtube and you will impressed mate as he is the real deal.

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
I hope he beats the shit out of sylvia... i don't like that guy ( even though i've never met him ).... here's why...
he seems like a nasty bastard... i know about ring personas etc but his is a spitefull one... he was saying he loves to knock people out cos that means he has taken away 10 or 15 seconds of their life that they will never get back and he likes to have that power...??
what the fuk has to be in your head to get off on that?

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
i just saw a bit of him on utube.... damn!!... he looks like a proper striker.... i saw him knock out some hairy backed guy

DA2

Cro Cop is a feckin beast and im chuffed to bits him coming over - 2 year, 6 fight deal - hopefully will smash Timmys face in!! I just wish the UFC could get knees to the head whilst on the ground brought back - hopefully when it becomes more mainstream it may get more clout to negotiate for such things!

I tell you in the last 2 years ive gone MMA bonkers - ive got UFC 1-10 on DVD and am starting to get some Pride stuff in as well..........

Ps Is it wrong to find myself logging onto an MMA forum almost as much as 'The Caf'!?!?..... Rock on Bisping!!

:devil: :devil:

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
DA2 said:
Cro Cop is a feckin beast and im chuffed to bits him coming over - 2 year, 6 fight deal - hopefully will smash Timmys face in!! I just wish the UFC could get knees to the head whilst on the ground brought back - hopefully when it becomes more mainstream it may get more clout to negotiate for such things!

I tell you in the last 2 years ive gone MMA bonkers - ive got UFC 1-10 on DVD and am starting to get some Pride stuff in as well..........

Ps Is it wrong to find myself logging onto an MMA forum almost as much as 'The Caf'!?!?..... Rock on Bisping!!

:devil: :devil:
No....

ruudvanrooney

EspadaYdaga said:
so.... when is cro cop fighting on ufc?

In the next main event which is the end of feb i think mate.The thing is there is another guy in pride called Fedor who is more of a monster and i have heard he may come over as a guest towards the end of the year as he has beat eveyone in pride and has no competition any more

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
ruudvanrooney said:
In the next main event which is the end of feb i think mate.The thing is there is another guy in pride called Fedor who is more of a monster and i have heard he may come over as a guest towards the end of the year as he has beat eveyone in pride and has no competition any more
cool.... i look forwards to it

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
ruudvanrooney said:
he's the champ.... and he's undefeated. The problem is that to be on a UFC show you have to sign a UFC only contract. If he wanted to stay the Pride champ he wouldn't be able to fight in the UFC.

BTW, Fedor has no competition in any organization. He beat Cro Cop. He's beat everyone else. He would kill Silvia and Arlovski (the only two decent heavyweights in the UFC). The guy is a submission machine who can knock your head completely off your neck.

DA2

ruudvanrooney said:

Cro Cop fights in UFC 67 - really looking forward to it.

Sorry to highlight your text - 'there is another guy in pride called Fedor' - hilarious, kinda like saying 'there is this bloke in the Bible called God....'!!

:D

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
when do you reckon there will be women fighting in the ufc or pride?
i know there are some smaller events with female fighters.... but none at the level of ufc or pride.

rrarraroon

youth team player
EspadaYdaga said:
when do you reckon there will be women fighting in the ufc or pride?
i know there are some smaller events with female fighters.... but none at the level of ufc or pride.
why do you want to see women fighters?

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
rrarraroon said:
why do you want to see women fighters?
cos women fight really visciously!.... they are like pitbulls usually... just tearing into eachother.... men are normally much more cautious

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
We really struggle in the UK to get any MMA. The UFC main events are all shown the day after but there Fight Nights are all shown about 6 months after. Basically, you could see Diego Sanchez win the title one week, the next week you are seeing the UFN from 6 months ago, before he has the belt.

There is little from Pride too.

Swerny

UFC 67 is this Saturday, my picks in bold

Anderson Silva vs Travis Lutter – Middleweight Championship

Mirko Cro Cop vs Eddie Sanchez

Rampage Jackson vs Marvin Eastman

Patrick Cote vs Scott Smith

Swerny

RedCanadian said:
You're taking Beastman over Rampage...... gutsy call that....
that's my one long shot.

they are very similar fighters IMHO.

Plus, beastman already beat Rampage and Rampage is usually a slow starter.

DA2

Have got a sneaking feeling about Lutter vs Silva, people are assuming a Silva win but Lutter is a demon on the ground and is tough as old boots. He wont make the same mistakes as Franklin did thats for sure.... could be an upset on the cards......

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
DA2 said:
Have got a sneaking feeling about Lutter vs Silva, people are assuming a Silva win but Lutter is a demon on the ground and is tough as old boots. He wont make the same mistakes as Franklin did thats for sure.... could be an upset on the cards......
In all the articles that I have read leading up to this fight they keep talking about Lutter's BJJ skills like Silva has never been on the ground before. Silva is Brazilian after all and does have some BJJ training.

But he is a striker by nature so it will be another match with contrasting styles....

DA2

RedCanadian said:
In all the articles that I have read leading up to this fight they keep talking about Lutter's BJJ skills like Silva has never been on the ground before. Silva is Brazilian after all and does have some BJJ training.

But he is a striker by nature so it will be another match with contrasting styles....
Yeah... is Lutters stand up gonna be good enough to get into a takedown position or is Silvas stand up be good enough to beat the takedown???

End of the day Im there first and foremost to watch the Croatian!!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

R0nald0

My picks for this Saturday:-

Anderson Silva vs Travis Lutter – Middleweight Championship

Mirko Cro Cop vs Eddie Sanchez

Rampage Jackson vs Marvin Eastman

Patrick Cote vs Scott Smith

Probably the same as most, going for the favourites. I can't wait to see Cro Cop in the UFC..... RIP Tim Sylvia

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
ste_michaels said:
cant fecking wait!!

i have watched UFC on and off for a while, didnt see much of it untill i caught the ultimate fighter 1 on bravo2 a few weeks ago, now im a total addict!

series 2 seem to be a bunch of pussys! can wait for series 3 to strat in a week or 2!
I won't ruin for you then by telling you who won series 3 and 4.... :D

R0nald0

Good fights last night.

I thought Lutter was doing pretty well until the Spider eventually stopped him - can't believe he didn't make weight though, unprofessional fcuk.

Also, Cro Cop looked pretty good, only a matter of time until he beats the Maniac for the heavyweight belt.

I am sure it said last night that RandyC Couture was coming out of retirement to fight Sylvia in March... can anyone confirm?

Oh, all of my predictions were right - woo hoo!