The MMA thread

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
DC will always carry the fact he couldn't beat Jones.

Bubz27

It looks kind of empty for Cormier, and I expect he'll feel that way until he can beat Jones somehow.

For Jones, imagine he does come back and moves up in weight. His last insult to DC, not give him a 3rd fight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It looks kind of empty for Cormier, and I expect he'll feel that way until he can beat Jones somehow.

For Jones, imagine he does come back and moves up in weight. His last insult to DC, not give him a 3rd fight.
Unfortunately for DC, he could be as old as 43 by the time Jones comes back, and there's no guarantee Jones at that point, will be the Jones of old. So unless something happens with Jones' suspension where it is cut short in the next year, I think that may be that.

Bubz27

Unfortunately for DC, he could be as old as 43 by the time Jones comes back, and there's no guarantee Jones at that point, will be the Jones of old. So unless something happens with Jones' suspension where it is cut short in the next year, I think that may be that.
That would be unfortunate for DC. But even if Jones comes back early, losing again might be even more unfortunate for him.

Bubz27

I really like Stipe but I really want Ngannou to win.

Nucks

RT History Department
Yep...it haunts him because he knows the stuff Jones was on had nothing to do with wins...on or off Jones handles DC.
Spoken like someone who has no idea about athletics, or what steroids do.

Maybe DC is juicing too, but he hasn't been caught so we don't know. Jones is a drug cheat, he's been caught multiple times.

As to what steroids do? They allow you to train harder, they allow you to put in more work, which translates into being more resilient in the fight itself. Jones on juice was resilient enough to be in a good position, and in the right position to head kick DC. Jones off the juice, isn't as resilient, and may never get that opportunity, not only positionally because he might be on his back, but also in terms of his form. He might not have the spring, the reactions, the reflexes, because he's TIRED AND BEAT UP, to land that kick when and if it presents itself.

Saying steroids have nothing to do with his win, is like saying working out has nothing to do with being a professional athlete. Conditioning, strength, speed, explosiveness, all things that are QUANTIFIABLY measurably increased by steroids, have nothing to do with athletic performance. Right? Right? Oh wait...

Bubz27

Think the champ is being too easily dismissed. Him winning wouldn't shock me here.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Spoken like someone who has no idea about athletics, or what steroids do.

Maybe DC is juicing too, but he hasn't been caught so we don't know. Jones is a drug cheat, he's been caught multiple times.

As to what steroids do? They allow you to train harder, they allow you to put in more work, which translates into being more resilient in the fight itself. Jones on juice was resilient enough to be in a good position, and in the right position to head kick DC. Jones off the juice, isn't as resilient, and may never get that opportunity, not only positionally because he might be on his back, but also in terms of his form. He might not have the spring, the reactions, the reflexes, because he's TIRED AND BEAT UP, to land that kick when and if it presents itself.

Saying steroids have nothing to do with his win, is like saying working out has nothing to do with being a professional athlete. Conditioning, strength, speed, explosiveness, all things that are QUANTIFIABLY measurably increased by steroids, have nothing to do with athletic performance. Right? Right? Oh wait...
:lol: Thank you mate. It's utterly fecking bizarre that people continue to claim that the performance enhancing drugs didn't enhance Jones' performance...

@Fortitude it's time mate :). For the record I'm with you. Ngannou 1st round KO.

Bubz27

Both look fecked. Think Stipe's experience wins it from here.