The MMA thread

Luke1995

Colby apparently got banned from Miesha Tate's show after he made controversial comments

Luke1995

The last three fights are must watch! I think there will be a knockout in the Oezdemir-Latifi fight. Perry vs Luque should be a good brawl and Valentina is the best fighter i've seen since Ronda.

Luke1995

Im sure that's what he intended. Whatever.....
I don't know exactly what to make of him. On one hand, he is getting the big fights he wanted since he started saying anything for attention.

The other side of that is, his last fight was the lowest rated fight night for ESPN this year if i'm not mistaken.

So, i'm sure he will bring politics in the build-up to Usman as he is a Trump supporter and Usman went to the USA as a young boy, but there's no way to tell just how much his popularity has risen since he adopted that heel persona.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Shevchenko sisters are just awesome. Dana needs to work up another Valentina Nunes superfight for new years since both fighters really don't have anyone else to fight other than themselves anymore.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The Shevchenko sisters are just awesome. Dana needs to work up another Valentina Nunes superfight for new years since both fighters really don't have anyone else to fight other than themselves anymore.
Valentina is awesome, alone. When both together (specially Valentina cornering her "sister"), annoying as feck, heyy heyy heyy heyyyyy... they should ban her.

Jessica Andrade says that if she beats Zhang, she would like a superfight with Valentina. Sounds good to me.

George Owen

Ciryl Gane vs. Raphael Pessoa Nunes next. Heavyweight bout, probably gonna be over shortly.

Gane is Ngannou's sparring partner, another physical beast.

George Owen

Latifi has only one round in him. He usually survives the fights though. Was nice to see Volkan beating the crap out of him haha. He was calling out DC ffs...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I still don't get the Valentina hype. I understand she's great striker but when facing an opponent that's severely worse than you in every department, the onus is on the better fighter to put them away.

Oggmonster

I still don't get the Valentina hype. I understand she's great striker but when facing an opponent that's severely worse than you in every department, the onus is on the better fighter to put them away.
Same. I'm pretty convinced is cos she's attractive people rate her higher personally. She's obviously a good fighter but it seems weird when people claim she's the best women's fighter about... especially when she's lost to Nunes twice.

RedFish

Didn't realise i'd be the one both women would put to sleep. Feck meeeeee that was a boring title fight. I struggled to not fast forward each round. Schevchenko is so risk adverse, unnecessary when you're capable of blinding offence. Won't be rewatching that fight again, ever :wenger:

RedFish

Same. I'm pretty convinced is cos she's attractive people rate her higher personally. She's obviously a good fighter but it seems weird when people claim she's the best women's fighter about... especially when she's lost to Nunes twice.
17 time Muay Thai, MMA, K1 and Kickboxing world champion.

Wash your mouths out :nono:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It comes across as a bit boring because she's a counter striker who waits for her opponent to commit. If the opponent doesn't commit then you get a boring result where the fans start jeering for lack of action.

She's not particularly attractive imo (unlike her sister). As for the Nunes fights, she could've easily won either of those fights. The first one was right after she joined the UFC and took Nunes the distance and the second, many people thought she actually won, so losing a couple of nailbiters to Nunes can't be held against her. I think she has a good chance of beating her next time if Dana creates a proper superfight.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It comes across as a bit boring because she's a counter striker who waits for her opponent to commit. If the opponent doesn't commit then you get a boring result where the fans start jeering for lack of action.
I get that but I just thought she'd take the fight to her opponent of her opponent refuses to engage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I get that but I just thought she'd take the fight to her opponent of her opponent refuses to engage.
She's just not that type imo. That said, she's the most complete fighter in the women's game. Whereas Nunes excels at brawling and knocking out the opposition early on, Valentina can compete at a high level at standup and on the ground, and is far more technical than anyone else.

George Owen

After the show, Hardy asked Valentina about Chookagian as her next episode, and apparently she likes the idea (she was the original opponent for this defense).

Counter striker Vs counter striker probably gonna make for a horrible fight.

Hopefully it's Andrea Lee instead.

Valentina also said she doesn't want the super fights now. She wants to be a dominant champion in her division, and only when her "sister" gets to the top of the division, then she will move on.

Name Changed

weso26
Attractive? Hmmm.

She can beat Nunes. She was so close before.

RedFish

She's pretty much unbeatable at flyweight. Fighting Nunes is a different proposition with the physical advantages weighing in Nune's favour. Despite that, it really is a pick em fight. I wish she could consistently engineer more openings when her opponent is not engaging, but I find it hard to criticise her given her record and ability.