The MMA thread

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
yeah, thats a load of rubbish. You seem very narrow minded and ignorant.
Explain.

Probably a case of poor reading comprehension on your part

Ok, fair enough.

Still though, why not blame his antics on our so much better and modern western culture too then?
You completely missed the point.

The point is that people can't act like low rent thuggish cnuts and use "but my culture" as an excuse no matter if that "culture" is Dagestan, Rio, Appalachia, Hong Kong or some Irish ghetto.

Last edited:

stevoc

Tony and Khabib would make short work of Conor. I’d love to actually see just shut any remaining nut huggers up. I swear, I’d fight McGregor, any time, any place, anywhere, anonymous, for free — id just smash his fecking face in!
Is this a Khabib quote?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
The point is that people can't act like low rent thuggish cnuts and use "but my culture" as an excuse no matter if that "culture" is Dagestan, Rio, Appalachia, Hong Kong or some Irish ghetto.
You're talking about one single incident where Khabib blew a fuse and attacked a person who insulted his family, religion, country and god knows what more. Not just his culture. Conor has a list 10 times that big yet you act like Khabib was the only culprit in that.

You just seem very eager to call other places "backwards" and other cultures than yours "outdated medieval" ones. That's usually the trait of a certain kind of person.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
You're talking about one single incident where Khabib blew a fuse and attacked a person who insulted his family, religion, country and god knows what more. Not just his culture. Conor has a list 10 times that big yet you act like Khabib was the only culprit in that.

You just seem very eager to call other places "backwards" and other cultures than yours "outdated medieval" ones. That's usually the trait of a certain kind of person.
:lol:

I am not calling "other places" backwards I am calling an attitude, a mindset, a point of view backwards - specifically Cultures of Honor which you can educate yourself about here:
https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Honor-Psychology-Violence-Directions/dp/0813319935

The reason it relates to Khabib because someone referenced that "Caucuses people - they don't feck about" which if we break it down is trying to excuse thuggish behavior, more than a single incident which is documented here, with an appeal to cultural determinism. 'People in caucuses don't feck about therefore this violent behavior is okay'.

So for the last time, I am specifically talking about backwards cultures of honor which can arise in any region from Dagestan to Hong Kong, Appalachia to IRELAND. Why you have a hardon for Connor Mcgregor I don't know but he didn't fight last night nor did anyone post in this thread today defending his behavior because of his Ireland culture "not fecking about". You seem to think any time anyone criticizes a UFC fighter they must also bring up Mcgregor or they have some weird bias.

Stop inventing ignorant bullshit in your own mind because you are too tired from running your tow service with your partner Blood.

Culture of Honor

Culture of Honor Definition

A culture of honor is a culture in which a person (usually a man) feels obliged to protect his or her reputation by answering insults, affronts, and threats, oftentimes through the use of violence. Cultures of honor have been independently invented many times across the world. Three well-known examples of cultures of honor include cultures of honor in parts of the Middle East, the southern United States, and inner-city neighborhoods (of the United States and elsewhere) that are controlled by gangs.
https://psychology.iresearchnet.com/social-psychology/cultural-psychology/culture-of-honor/

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
'People in caucuses don't feck about therefore this violent behavior is okay'
Yeah, no one has ever said that but ok.
So for the last time, I am specifically talking about backwards cultures of honor which can arise in any region from Dagestan to Hong Kong, Appalachia to IRELAND. Why you have a hardon for Connor Mcgregor I don't know but he didn't fight last night nor did anyone post in this thread today defending his behavior because of his Ireland culture "not fecking about". You seem to think any time anyone criticizes a UFC fighter they must also bring up Mcgregor or they have some weird bias.
You are trying to unilaterally blame Khabib's culture when the guy was provoked time and time again by McGregor and his team, who don't live in "backward" cities or have that "medieval culture of honour". So of course people are going to bring Conor into this ffs. Khabib has always been very respectful to all his opponents, something you can hardly say about Conor.

So when someone insults your father, wife, country, culture and god knows what else and you finally lose your shit in a moment where adrenaline got the best of you it's because of your backwards culture of honour? Give me a fecking break..
Stop inventing ignorant bullshit in your own mind because you are too tired from running your tow service with your partner Blood.
Classy

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yeah, no one has ever said that but ok.

You are trying to unilaterally blame Khabib's culture when the guy was provoked time and time again by McGregor and his team, who don't live in "backward" cities or have that "medieval culture of honour". So of course people are going to bring Conor into this ffs. Khabib has always been very respectful to all his opponents, something you can hardly say about Conor.

So when someone insults your father, wife, country, culture and god knows what else and you finally lose your shit in a moment where adrenaline got the best of you it's because of your backwards culture of honour? Give me a fecking break..

Classy
@oneniltothearsenal knows what he said. And he is now trying to back peddle because he's been found out.

It's quite bizarre, alarming, sad that so many people think like this. It's as if they don't realise human civilisation has been going on for 1000s of years, in different places and ways. In the UK, these are little Englanders (likely voted leave in BrExit referendum) who believe their world of Ray Parlour, Greggs bakers, The Red Lion and Spar supermarket is the pinnacle of human achievement and civilisation.

You've made the correct observation: Khabib was goaded and insulted to breaking point; and he competes in a sport involving physical violence. So its hardly surprising when he was pushed so far, he would react in the way he did. I think many many would react the same way, @oneniltothearsenal included. Khabib has no history whatsoever of taking his sport outside of the cage or gym. And even in that infamous night, he was attacking other MMA fighters, not some defenceless civilian.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol:

I am not calling "other places" backwards I am calling an attitude, a mindset, a point of view backwards - specifically Cultures of Honor which you can educate yourself about here:
https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Honor-Psychology-Violence-Directions/dp/0813319935

The reason it relates to Khabib because someone referenced that "Caucuses people - they don't feck about" which if we break it down is trying to excuse thuggish behavior, more than a single incident which is documented here, with an appeal to cultural determinism. 'People in caucuses don't feck about therefore this violent behavior is okay'.

https://psychology.iresearchnet.com/social-psychology/cultural-psychology/culture-of-honor/
Yeah, thats a load more rubbish.

Spoony

The People's President
I like Khabib. Great fighter and nice guy to boot. Can't imagine him beating up 60 year olds but there you go eh.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
You are trying to unilaterally blame Khabib's culture
It bears repeating that this is not at all what I said in any way and anyone capable of reading comprehension can see that.

If you don't understand my post on cultures of honor (which you obviously do not), then either politely ask questions or just don't post.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
It's important to understand Cultures of Honor and how they arise independently among any and all racial/ethnic groups because they are extremely detrimental and harmful beliefs that cause a lot of damage in society.

A LOT of UFC fighters and boxers come from cultures or subcultures of honor (OF ALL RACES) and that is a bad thing that could be corrected to some degree with more actual social science education and less bullshit.

Cultures of honor are not something to be automatically respected (the whole 'every culture is equally good or bad' mindset that underlies some people's thinking) and it is absolutely something that needs to be called out everywhere it manifests whether its some cnut from Dagestan, Hong Kong, Appalachia, Rio or IRELAND (I guess the people with hardons for mcgregor need the Culture of Honor ghettos in Ireland explicitly mentioned every single time or someone is biased)

Cultural Psychology said:
Insults and threats take on great meaning in cultures of honor, because of the environments in which cultures of honor develop. Such cultures develop in lawless environments where there is no central authority (such as the state) that can offer effective protection to its citizens. In such a situation, a person has to let it be known that he will protect himself, his family, and his property. Insults and affronts are important because they act as probes, establishing who can do what to whom. A person who responds with violence over “small” matters (e.g., an insult or an argument over a small amount of money) can effectively establish himself as one who is not to be messed with on larger matters. Thus, an effective response to an insult can deter future attacks, when the stakes may be much higher.

Many violent incidents in cultures of honor center on what might be considered a trivial incident to outsiders. Such matters are not trivial to the people in the argument, however, because people are defending (or establishing) their reputations. What is really at stake is something of far greater importance than a one-dollar debt owed or a record on the jukebox.

In cultures of honor, reputation is highly tied up with masculinity. A telling anecdote from Hodding Carter’s book Southern Legacy (1950) concerned a 1930s Louisiana court case, in which Carter served as a juror. The facts of the matter were clear. The defendant lived near a gas station and had been pestered for some time by workers there. One day, the man had had enough and opened fire on the workers, killing one person and wounding two others. As Carter tells it, the case seemed open and shut, and so Carter began discussions in the jury room by offering up the obvious (to him) verdict of guilty. The other 11 jurors had very different ideas about the obvious verdict, however, and they strongly and unanimously favored acquittal. Fellow jurors explained to Carter that the man couldn’t be guilty—what kind of man wouldn’t have shot the others? An elder juror later told Carter that a man can’t be jailed for standing up for his rights. In cultures of honor everywhere, traditional masculinity is a virtue that has to be defended.

Various ethnographies have described cultures of honor in great detail. Sociologist Elijah Anderson, for example, has written about the culture of honor in inner cities of the United States. Anthropologists Julian Pitt-Rivers and J. G. Peristiany have written about honor in the Mediterranean region, and an important collection of papers can be found in Peristiany’s 1966 book Honour and Shame: The Values of Mediterranean Society. Notably, the book includes chapters by Pitt-Rivers, Peristiany, and Pierre Bourdeau, who has written about honor and the importance of female chastity among the Kabyle of Algeria. As in many Mediterranean cultures, the sanctity of the family name among the Kabyle depends a great deal on the purity of its women and how well the men guard and protect it. In such cultures, females who disgrace the family may be killed by their male relatives in an attempt to cleanse the family name.

Within experimental social psychology, Richard Nisbett and Dov Cohen’s 1996 book Culture of Honor lays out the case that there is a culture of honor among Whites in the contemporary South of the United States. Among other evidence, they show that the homicide rate is higher among Whites in the U.S. South, but only for killings that involve quarrels, lovers’ triangles, and other arguments (i.e., those killings where honor is most likely to be at stake). They also show in opinion surveys that White southerners are more likely to endorse violence than are northerners when the violence is used in response to insult or in response to some threat to home, family, or property.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's important to understand Cultures of Honor and how they arise independently among any and all racial/ethnic groups because they are detrimental and harmful beliefs that cause a lot of damage in society. A LOT of UFC fighters and boxers come from cultures or subcultures of honor and that is a bad thing. Its not something to respected (every culture is equally good or bad) and it is absolutely something that needs to be called out everywhere it manifests whether its some cnut from Dagestan, Hong Kong, Appalachia, Rio or IRELAND (I guess the people with hardons for mcgregor need the Culture of Honor ghettos in Ireland explicitly mentioned every single time or someone is biased)
Yeah, that's a load more rubbish too.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Yeah, that's a load more rubbish too.
You need to stop posting troll posts. I've started reporting you.

If you can't take the time to write an actual reply then feck off and don't post this wind up rubbish.

I am referencing peer reviewed academic research that has been replicated, you are acting like a Blue Moon poster

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You need to stop posting troll posts. I've started reporting you.

If you can't take the time to write an actual reply then feck off and don't post this wind up rubbish.

I am referencing peer reviewed academic research that has been replicated, you are acting like a Blue Moon poster
You can copy/paste whatever you find in your 15 second google search, doesn't make anything you say any more than a load of rubbish.

Whilst you continue to post rubbish, I'll point it out. Else, jog on.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
You can copy/paste whatever you find in your 15 second google search, doesn't make anything you say any more than a load of rubbish.

Whilst you continue to post rubbish, I'll point it out. Else, jog on.
More uneducated unintelligent crap.

Jog off? What are t

Feck off if you are too cowardly to post like an adult

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Guys... chill.

Back to topic, please.

predator

Youth NITK
Does anyone know what time UFC 243 will be on UK time? I've read the main card will start at 1pm local time which means it will start at 4am UK time. They are showing it early in Melbourne for the Ameircan audiences if I'm right. Will it be saturday morning or sunday morning UK time? its confused me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Javier Mendez on Khabib Nurmagomedov’s win and what’s next

Ariel:"Where u concern about the guillotine...?"
Javier Mendez: "No, I was laughing in my head..."

Suedesi

I have no idea about MMA, but always had a passing interest on GSP. Do you think he would have a chance against Khabib, if hypothetically a fight was arranged, or would Khabib totally kick his ass?

Charlie Foley

I have no idea about MMA, but always had a passing interest on GSP. Do you think he would have a chance against Khabib, if hypothetically a fight was arranged, or would Khabib totally kick his ass?
GSP is arguably the greatest ever. I consider him the GOAT. Can fight numerous styles depending on who he fights. Extremely intelligent fighter and man. He’s also freakishly strong.

Now, he’s 7 years older than Khabib. So you have to factor that in. If they both fought in their prime, I’m quite confident GSP wins. Taking in age and GSP’s lengthy time out of the octagon...I’m not sure he’s the one to beat Khabib. But yeah, he’d have a shot.

Charlie Foley

GSP fought Bisping at 185lb.
Khabib is a lightweight fighting at 155lbs !!!
They'd fight at 170. 185 was not a comfortable fighting weight for GSP and Khabib struggled for a long time at 155 to make weight. Now he's off the tiramisu it's a lot easier

RedFish

They'd fight at 170. 185 was not a comfortable fighting weight for GSP and Khabib struggled for a long time at 155 to make weight. Now he's off the tiramisu it's a lot easier
I'd go for GSP. He's be stronger at the weight and ultimately size and strength matters. Splitting hairs though they are both in the conversation for GOAT.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

GSP vs Kahbib would be the ultimate bore fest. Unfortunately to beat Kahbib probably going to require another blanket to do it although his stand up still looks really weak to me so if GSP can stop the shots his stand up is miles better.