The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
and looking as good as I've seen her in doing so too. Expecting a clinic from her.
Yeah, she was looking much better than previous cuts. I wonder if she was only trying to feck up with Waterson by suggesting a catchweight.

Early prelims starting now, live from Florida.

Santos J

Completely unnecessary that KO. Either the corner or the ref should have stopped that way earlier.
Yeah was so so stupid

His dad was in his fecking corner too ffs, bunch of idiots. Shit like that is literally how people die in combat sports.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Hard to call this fight so far, those takedowns are huge!

George Owen

fecking James Vick, needs to change team asap or just retire. 4 straight loses now, 3 bad KOs. At least I hope he takes a year off to grow physically into the division and heal his brain.

Last edited:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
That Gifford fight went on way too long. The guy got pummelled at the end of the first and he had one of his cornermen saying Jesus Christ will lead him to victory.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Man that was a robbery. Peña clearly won that imo, did all the damage.
I had the other guy... don't remember name... F-bomb guy, as winner.
I'm no expert, but atleast the majority of the refs agree with me :D

Santos J

I had the other guy... don't remember name... F-bomb guy, as winner.
I'm no expert, but atleast the majority of the refs agree with me :D
Yeah same had Frevola taking the 1st and 3rd. Definitely wasn't a 'robbery' in any case.

Andersons Dietician

Man that was such an enjoyable card. The main event something else I mean what a performance by Joanna but props to Waterson for making it what it was. Can hold her head high even in defeat.

Watching the quality in that fight and comparing it to Dearn vs Ribas you can see how much further Mackenzie has to go. Might be the best juijitsu practioner in any division man or woman but gotta learn how to strike and put it together so she can bring in her Jits skills. She is fearless watching her but Ribas just outclassed her on the feet but still an awesome entertaining fight.

Frevola vs Pena it feels wrong that he should win after the damage he took in the 2nd round and how much danger he was in but Pena let him back in in the 3rd and also why Pena didn’t switch to an Armbar when he was going for that Kamora I don’t know. It was there and much easier to finish.

great event.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Was impressed by Kron Gracie. Really did feel like he's training with the Diaz brothers. He'll be back from that loss no problem.

RedFish

Man that was such an enjoyable card. The main event something else I mean what a performance by Joanna but props to Waterson for making it what it was. Can hold her head high even in defeat.

Watching the quality in that fight and comparing it to Dearn vs Ribas you can see how much further Mackenzie has to go. Might be the best juijitsu practioner in any division man or woman but gotta learn how to strike and put it together so she can bring in her Jits skills. She is fearless watching her but Ribas just outclassed her on the feet but still an awesome entertaining fight.

Frevola vs Pena it feels wrong that he should win after the damage he took in the 2nd round and how much danger he was in but Pena let him back in in the 3rd and also why Pena didn’t switch to an Armbar when he was going for that Kamora I don’t know. It was there and much easier to finish.

great event.
Return to form for Joanna. Beautiful front kick right on Waterson's mouth reminiscent of the one against Letourneau. Didn't have it all her own way -credit to Waterson for punching above her weight.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great card. What a performance from Cub Swanson and Joanna. Dern was garbage and won't go anywhere in the division by just trying to one bomb people. She needs to work on a few combination entries. Same with Gracie. You can't just walk everyone down hoping they'll get tired. The damage will catch up with you in the end.

RedFish

Rewatched Joanna's performance. :drool:
Thomas has done a fantastic breakdown on "dissected'.

Pound fir pound more vulnerable than the more defensive Valentina, but way more attacking. Her volume is staggering.

Very tasty at the top of the 125lb division.

Luke1995

Anyone saw the new reports of a famous irish sports star allegedly being investigated ?

Luke1995

Would you pick GSP to beat Adesanya ? I do think he would give the champ a serious scare if his timing and reflexes are as sharp as ever.

Andersons Dietician

What do people think of this BMF belt? When Nate mentioned it it was kinda funny and I think it would have been funny had he made a belt and taken it to pressers and his next fight but now that Dana is doing it it seems very pro wrestling.
Is this belt going to go in to circulation and be competed for or will it just be a one off?

Looking forward to the fight just not sure UFC introducing a belt is a great thing.

George Owen

What do people think of this BMF belt? When Nate mentioned it it was kinda funny and I think it would have been funny had he made a belt and taken it to pressers and his next fight but now that Dana is doing it it seems very pro wrestling.
Is this belt going to go in to circulation and be competed for or will it just be a one off?

Looking forward to the fight just not sure UFC introducing a belt is a great thing.
The journeymen belt? Hopefully just a one off. Conor needs to come back to action soon so the UFC can stop doing this crap.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Wait, there's actually going to be a real, physical belt? Christ, that's cringe.

Andersons Dietician

The journeymen belt? Hopefully just a one off. Conor needs to come back to action soon so the UFC can stop doing this crap.

Saw a tweet where he has told Frankie he will see him in December so who knows what Conor is doing, probably just blowing more smoke to stay relevant.