The MMA thread

poleglass red

2 tough 5 round wars in succession for Hooker. At 30, not sure how many more his body could take of them. Funny thing is, if he fights Ferguson next, which seems to be what most people are calling for, I could see that going to judges score cards as well, which I'd assume would be 5 rounds even though not a title fight. I'd imagine that would be co main event.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
2 tough 5 round wars in succession for Hooker. At 30, not sure how many more his body could take of them. Funny thing is, if he fights Ferguson next, which seems to be what most people are calling for, I could see that going to judges score cards as well, which I'd assume would be 5 rounds even though not a title fight. I'd imagine that would be co main event.
I can't see Hooker beating El Cucuy. He's far too technical.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I can't see Hooker beating El Cucuy. He's far too technical.
Also TF is a stamina freak like Poirier. Could Hooker keep up with him for 5 rounds? certainly he couldnt last saturday

RedFish

Poirier Conor is the fight I want to see.

would gives us an idea of Conors standing at Lw agaisnt someone whose LW credentials you cannot question.

i think Conor starches him within 2 rounds.

Ferguson, I think beats Poirier too, as Poirier takes time to get going and Ferguson the opposite. Unless Poirier does a Gaethje and becomes difficult to hit. Not a trait he has shown agaisnt Gaethje, Max, or Hooker.

Gaethje Vs Conor. - No idea. Would guess beyond the first 2 rounds Gaethje takes it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Poirier Conor is the fight I want to see.

would gives us an idea of Conors standing at Lw agaisnt someone whose LW credentials you cannot question.

i think Conor starches him within 2 rounds.

Ferguson, I think beats Poirier too, as Poirier takes time to get going and Ferguson the opposite. Unless Poirier does a Gaethje and becomes difficult to hit. Not a trait he has shown agaisnt Gaethje, Max, or Hooker.

Gaethje Vs Conor. - No idea. Would guess beyond the first 2 rounds Gaethje takes it.
Dustin came very close to submitting Khabib. I don't think he would have any trouble closing the deal with Conor, who has been submitted in two of his past five fights.

RedFish

Dustin came very close to submitting Khabib. I don't think he would have any trouble closing the deal with Conor, who has been submitted in two of his past five fights.

If he could avoid getting knocked out first. I'd love to see it.

Agree, he was momentarily in a good position with that choke.....seems so long ago.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’d love Gaethje to fight Conor. If nothing but for total animosity they have towards one and other. Conor vs any top 5 would be good but no way Dana lets the goose that lays his golden eggs get taken out by any of those before he has a title fight either against Gaethje or rematch vs Khabib. Sad state of affairs but it is what it is.

DrRodo

I’d love Gaethje to fight Conor. If nothing but for total animosity they have towards one and other. Conor vs any top 5 would be good but no way Dana lets the goose that lays his golden eggs get taken out by any of those before he has a title fight either against Gaethje or rematch vs Khabib. Sad state of affairs but it is what it is.
Yup. If Conor loses a fight not worthy a belt, his career is downhill from there. So he will be given the belt chance, or fight another easy opponent (not top 5 would be easy for him imo)

RedFish

Yup. If Conor loses a fight not worthy a belt, his career is downhill from there. So he will be given the belt chance, or fight another easy opponent (not top 5 would be easy for him imo)
I disagree. Conor is the ultimate prize fighter. Win or lose people want to see him fight, and why not? Hes exciting.

Don't care for him much personally, but I'd like to see him against one of Poirier or Gaethje.

If he loses he's still be a massive draw.

It's not as if rankings mean anything much in the UFC. Look at Aldo getting at a title shot over Aljo.

I do t want to see him fight Khabib again, because he'll lose for sure. Id be all over him Vs DP or Gaethje, or Tony for that matter.

DrRodo

I disagree. Conor is the ultimate prize fighter. Win or lose people want to see him fight, and why not? Hes exciting.

Don't care for him much personally, but I'd like to see him against one of Poirier or Gaethje.

If he loses he's still be a massive draw.

It's not as if rankings mean anything much in the UFC. Look at Aldo getting at a title shot over Aljo.

I do t want to see him fight Khabib again, because he'll lose for sure. Id be all over him Vs DP or Gaethje, or Tony for that matter.
Actually i agree with you. But i was trying to get into dana whites tomato head. Poirier vs conor would be an awesome main event, but if conor loses that fight... would Dana would risk his money boy to lose popularity with another lose? For me, i couldn't care less, if we get to see that awesome fight. Who knows, maybe it will happen (i really think poirier would be the favorite in that fight)

DrRodo

This is so sad. Its obvious what a special partnership Khabib shared with his father. fecking pandemia

RedFish

Actually i agree with you. But i was trying to get into dana whites tomato head. Poirier vs conor would be an awesome main event, but if conor loses that fight... would Dana would risk his money boy to lose popularity with another lose? For me, i couldn't care less, if we get to see that awesome fight. Who knows, maybe it will happen (i really think poirier would be the favorite in that fight)
Agree DP is a different prospect to when they last fought. Poirier has nothing to prove.

A dominant win over Poirier would cement Conor's reputation because the Poirier of today is truly elite.

Wouldn't put it past him, I think it would be a hell of a fight. It's Conor who IMO who has to prove he can beat the top lightweights. Taking Alvarez's scalp isn't enough to seal his legacy.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Really fecked up about it. No one is reporting it really, well they are but it’s not reverberating like it should. I really do not understand Russians and I am Russian.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Really fecked up about it. No one is reporting it really, well they are but it’s not reverberating like it should. I really do not understand Russians and I am Russian.
Might be something to do with the government not wanting to? It seems Russia has been under reporting covid deaths, so maybe that's that. They don't want to draw attention to anything negative covid related?

Anyway, he will always be part of the worldwide Combat sports/MMA folklore and family. And Khabib for sure will keep on making his legacy to keep growing. The name Nurmagomedov is going nowhere.

DrRodo

feck me. Volk vs Holloway bumped to main event.

Chance for the "BMF" to step up...
Oh no, thanks 2020! What else do you want from us :(

BMF would be awesome but i dont know if he would accept this and get the permits to travel with one week of notice

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Oh no, thanks 2020! What else do you want from us :(

BMF would be awesome but i dont know if he would accept this and get the permits to travel with one week of notice
Both Masvidal and Covington came out offering to take the fight on short notice.

But yeah I don't think they have enough time to work something out. Masvidal for sure is just bluffing too (or asking for even more ridiculous money).

I have more hope in Covington being able to make it, but also a far shot.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Would love it if they manage to keep Usman on the card. A few weak cards name wise recently. If they pull this off, all is forgiven!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This promo is fire.
It reminds me of old WWE hype packages before PPVs. That was where they always really shined, made things seem so epic.

This is awesome, hope they can get both these guys there with no issues now.

DrRodo

Please let this happen

Imagine if BMF wins. He'll go straight to legend status. But Usman is no joke.

If Dana was a true genius, he would had plot this from the beggining. The hype for the fight this week will be over the roof

Luke1995

Worst case scenario for Masvidal, he gets wrestled for five rounds like Woodley. No worries, he can just run it back with Nate in what both would promote as a '' real fight ''

Best case scenario, somehow he wins and suddenly would be the biggest active star on the roster. (I think it's Adesanya ATM)