The MMA thread

RedFish

Pettis with his tongue out, doing that primal scream, was epic though.

Prelims about to start. Tonight's a good one. Good card start to finish, on paper at least.
Yeah, it was amazing. All bloodied, it was action packed and what we come to expect from Ferguson.

Glad Barboza managed to get the win.

And Sandhagen is a beast at 135

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
My word, I want Andrade to beat this Chookagian simply due to the fact the latter does an annoying little karate-style "aite" after every punch.

Right on cue.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ortega will probably win but I am firmly in Zombie corner

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Gutted for my boy Zombie but T-City was flawless in that fight. Very excited to see him against Volk.

JP77

Absolutely gutted that it looks like it's going to be on PPV. Finally a show on at a reasonable hour and they likely aren't even showing it on BT Sport.

JP77

The first comment on that is "fart in my mouth" :lol:

What? Tell me you got the wrong end of the stick!
No sign of it on BT Sports or Box Office at the moment but I read that it may be a PPV when searching what the hell was going on. Very strange. Will be gutted if it isn't on BT Sports especially when it's on around 7PM UK.

Edit: Just announced as PPV. 19.95. Absolute joke.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
No sign of it on BT Sports or Box Office at the moment but I read that it may be a PPV when searching what the hell was going on. Very strange. Will be gutted if it isn't on BT Sports especially when it's on around 7PM UK.

Edit: Just announced as PPV. 19.95. Absolute joke.
That is some absolute horse shit.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
€30 in Ireland

£20 if you convert to euro today is €21.90

I will be streaming this illegally and I very rarely do unless no choice or when it’s just not worth the cash

Also the prelims and start of the card clashes with Utd V Chelsea

MarylandMUFan

€30 in Ireland

£20 if you convert to euro today is €21.90

I will be streaming this illegally and I very rarely do unless no choice or when it’s just not worth the cash

Also the prelims and start of the card clashes with Utd V Chelsea
Wow, it's $70 here in the USA. I have shared the cost with my neighbor for the last 3 but since he will most likely be gone, I will probably stream it. I am a huge JG supporter (he went to the same University that I went to) so I am really hoping he can pull off the upset.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Yeah and we were better than Spurs.
If he ever gets a rematch and goes into it with that belief, he's going to get his back taken and bulldog choked again. You could at least learn from your mistakes and become a better fighter for it. :houllier:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
proud Khabib Fanboy casual getting excited again :lol:

What predictions?

I think Khabib wins in the 2nd. And it will be quite brutal because he will be so focused.
And then khabib will break down in tears and his proper grief recovery period can begin

Last edited:

Oggmonster

Wow, it's $70 here in the USA. I have shared the cost with my neighbor for the last 3 but since he will most likely be gone, I will probably stream it. I am a huge JG supporter (he went to the same University that I went to) so I am really hoping he can pull off the upset.
We have to pay for the channel as well (price varies depending on who your Internet/television etc is with) obviously get a load on that but the PPV model isn't really the normal in the UK especially with UFC. I think only Jones, Conor and Khabib have been on it in the past. I think the frustration on this one is mainly we finally get a good card at a decent time and have to pay for it! I do think it'll do decent numbers though especially with pubs shutting early or closed completely now in our case locally. Although people aren't meant to be mixing households i imagine quite a few will to have a few beers and watch this card.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We have to pay for the channel as well (price varies depending on who your Internet/television etc is with) obviously get a load on that but the PPV model isn't really the normal in the UK especially with UFC. I think only Jones, Conor and Khabib have been on it in the past. I think the frustration on this one is mainly we finally get a good card at a decent time and have to pay for it! I do think it'll do decent numbers though especially with pubs shutting early or closed completely now in our case locally. Although people aren't meant to be mixing households i imagine quite a few will to have a few beers and watch this card.
So it’s full BT sports packages only? No PPV option in U.K.?

Damn - I’d be happy to pay PPV for this.

Stream it will have to be.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
What predictions?

I think Khabib wins in the 2nd. And it will be quite brutal because he will be so focused.
And then khabib will break down in tears and his proper grief recovery period can begin
Yeah I think it's gonna be his easiest title defence so far. 2nd or 3rd round finish sounds about right.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm so pumped for Khabib and Gaethje... only issue is Khabib is my favourite and Gaethje is my second favourite. I feel so conflicted. I want it to be a draw :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This one is a beautiful piece of filmmaking.
Some people in the comments saying it's the best ever pre fight video.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If he ever gets a rematch and goes into it with that belief, he's going to get his back taken and bulldog choked again. You could at least learn from your mistakes and become a better fighter for it. :houllier:
What, like when he fought Diaz the second time you mean...

Until a second fight happens, if it even does, then you can't really suggest that he hasn't learned from his mistakes in the first fight when the fight hasn't even happened :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First time seeing this. How fecking intimidating and demoralising would it be to hear "You have to give up" as a guy pins you down and punches you?