The MMA thread

No Love

Appalling fight IQ shown by Nunes. Looked as poor as she has in a long time there. Luckily, de Randamie is as rudimentary a grappler the UFC has on the roster. Shit fight though, let’s hope for better served up by Max next.

TrustInOle

Fighters like Randamie and Holm would be deadly if they even had a half ass ground game.
Definatley, Nunes wanted none of the standing game once Randamie came out firing 2nd round. Surprised so many fighters join Ufc with no ground game when its evident how important it is in MMA.

No Love

Her resume is incredible. Just comes through against so many different fighters. Today was the most she’s struggled in a while but was the clear winner. Great fight iq. Delighted she won
Have to totally disagree with that. Great fight IQ does not consist of futile ground and pound against an inept grappler. I was practically begging for her to prioritise position, look to advance and set up a submission. Throwing herself face first into upkicks rather than leading with the hips was also glaring.

Whatever though, she got the win and that’s all that matters.

No Love

Predictions everyone? I think Max has this.
Volk is tailor made for Max to school. Holloway is one of the finest fighters on the roster at maintaining distance and the size differential is glaring. Max is also very tough to take down, with his long limbs perfect for posting. Much is made of Volk’s power; however, the way I see it - If Poirier isn’t putting Max out, Volk certainly isn’t.

Could be utterly wrong, but I see a Max masterclass incoming.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Have to totally disagree with that. Great fight IQ does not consist of futile ground and pound against an inept grappler. I was practically begging for her to prioritise position, look to advance and set up a submission. Throwing herself face first into upkicks rather than leading with the hips was also glaring.
Nah, she knew exactly what she needed to do to get the W.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Max not imposing his pace as usual, volk the aggressor so far

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Damn. Dissapointing fight by Holloway. Volk is a great fighter though. Well deserved

No Love

Hats off to Volk, fought a very good fight. Would be very interested in a rematch between those two and I think Holloway is more than worthy of one.

Now, let’s hope Kamaru can put a beating on Covington.