The MMA thread

Oggmonster

She's quite unlikable. I think (and hope) Weili destroys her, and then we can get another shitty excuse about her nutritionist or whatever she wants to pull out of her ass this time.
She's a dick about time someone told her to shut up as well

RedFish

She's quite unlikable. I think (and hope) Weili destroys her, and then we can get another shitty excuse about her nutritionist or whatever she wants to pull out of her ass this time.
If only she'd just stfu, I'd love her again. But her mouth utters shite as if it's owned by Dana Corp.

Hoping for a Zhang demolition job.

Oggmonster

"HEY DC, DC, FAT GUY, COME HERE" :lol:

Not sure why anyone likes JJ. She's just a cnut of the highest order. Hoping for a faceplant KO on her.
Yeah people always say she was humble and nice after her fights...she was when she was winning.after the Rose fight she was embarrassing.

The "boogie woman" stuff was really cringing to when she started with that.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Joanna is a bully and there is pleasure in watching her get taken apart because of how she treats others and has no class in how she carries herself.

People love Rose not only for her skills but also her conduct. Joanna got battered, twice and it made her even worse. It doesn't look staged either - she genuinely comes across as thoroughly unpleasant.

She's not ready for the storm coming her way on Saturday. No way to prepare for it, plus her hubris probably doesn't allow acknowledgement of the threat.

She's going to get steamrollered in there. Her excuses post fight will be a sight.

Fener1907

The "boogie woman" stuff was really cringing to when she started with that.
I might understand the nickname if she were a female Yoel. The reality is that she hasn't stopped anybody in almost five years. At least a fellow 50-45er (at their respective peaks), Dominick Cruz, doesn't pretend like he is a monster in there.

Joanna is a bully and there is pleasure in watching her get taken apart because of how she treats others and has no class in how she carries herself.

People love Rose not only for her skills but also her conduct. Joanna got battered, twice and it made her even worse. It doesn't look staged either - she genuinely comes across as thoroughly unpleasant.

She's not ready for the storm coming her way on Saturday. No way to prepare for it, plus her hubris probably doesn't allow acknowledgement of the threat.

She's going to get steamrollered in there. Her excuses post fight will be a sight.
Weili seems likable (haven't seen much of her, admittedly) so it's not difficult to pick a dog in this fight. There's also a lot to be said for getting inside an opponent's head before a fight, but that is never guaranteed to throw them off their game plan and can do quite the opposite. That is what I'm looking forward to seeing this Saturday.

JP77

I'd say it's two massively interesting fights at the top of the card.

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves writing off Joanna and talking like she's going to get steamrolled. Interested to see what Joanna shows up. If it's her at her best then no way is she getting steamrolled and tbh I'm not getting those type of vybes anyway that Zhang is going to steamroll her. What are people basing this on exactly? Because Zhang fecked up Andrade? Don't fall into the hype of one performance meaning somebody is going to steamroll everybody. I think we will see a different fight, slightly cautious at the start and that will work for Joanna if so. Personally I lean towards Joanna actually winning this fight if she can discover her old mojo. Don't get me wrong, not for one minute am I saying Zhang can't finish her or beat her, I'm just not seeing it as an obvious 'haha Joanna is going to get steamrolled". Some fights you look at and think oh shit that dude is going to get destroyed, I don't look at this one and think that about Joanna.

Adesanya fight should be awesome too. Huge test for him, I think it's a complete 50/50 as well, in fact I think I might be leaning towards Yoel winning this but I've been wrong to bet against Adesenya twice now in his big fights and winning this would be huge for him.

RedFish

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves writing off Joanna and talking like she's going to get steamrolled. Interested to see what Joanna shows up. If it's her at her best then no way is she getting steamrolled and tbh I'm not getting those type of vybes anyway that Zhang is going to steamroll her. What are people basing this on exactly? Because Zhang fecked up Andrade? Don't fall into the hype of one performance meaning somebody is going to steamroll everybody. I think we will see a different fight, slightly cautious at the start and that will work for Joanna if so. Personally I lean towards Joanna actually winning this fight if she can discover her old mojo. Don't get me wrong, not for one minute am I saying Zhang can't finish her or beat her, I'm just not seeing it as an obvious 'haha Joanna is going to get steamrolled". Some fights you look at and think oh shit that dude is going to get destroyed, I don't look at this one and think that about Joanna.

Adesanya fight should be awesome too. Huge test for him, I think it's a complete 50/50 as well, in fact I think I might be leaning towards Yoel winning this but I've been wrong to bet against Adesenya twice now in his big fights and winning this would be huge for him.
You're right.

Either Joanna wins a decision after picking Zhang apart for 5 rounds or Weilli destroys her within 2-3rounds.
Hoping it's the latter and backing her to do it.

I think Israel wins easily. Could well be a TKO too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Nothing to do with hype, it's clear she's a monster, one I hope isn't 'assisted'. She's fast, powerful, aggressive and rounded. Joanna is at her best bullying and going forward. She is not used to meeting a match going forward or willing to trade or trying to absolutely take her head off. Let's see how she copes with that.

I'll stick to my initial thought - pummeling and victory inside 3 rounds. Always glad to hold my hands up on a bad call.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
What is Luis Pena's ceiling ? I'm high on that guy, he looks like a killer, violent bob ross, his hair...and he is an interesting prospect, but how far can he actually go in the deepest division in the sport ?
I was high on him since he participated in TUF27, but with every fight since I'm kinda losing hope. Haven't really evolved much and you can put him in bad positions easily. He doesn't really defend take-downs because he trust his BJJ and long limbs to bail him out, and it works against lesser opponents but I don't think he will succeed against a top 15-20.

He still young though (26yo) and recently changed camp from AKA to ATT. His next fight hopefully gonna be step up in competition.

George Owen

Nothing to do with hype, it's clear she's a monster, one I hope isn't 'assisted'. She's fast, powerful, aggressive and rounded. Joanna is at her best bullying and going forward. She is not used to meeting a match going forward or willing to trade or trying to absolutely take her head off. Let's see how she copes with that.

I'll stick to my initial thought - pummeling and victory inside 3 rounds. Always glad to hold my hands up on a bad call.
Being born in a Chinese lab counts as assisted? :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Top High School wrestler (coached by DC) finds out what its like to grapple with Khabib

Kin ell Khabib takes no prisoners. One thing it will do, it'll make that kid much better wrestler in a long run.

JP77

Andrade was that. Gadelha was a bit of that. She hasn't just beaten people that sit back and let her impose her will.

I'm not denying anything you've said about Zhang but I need to see her prove more before I start acting like she's a beast. What's this based on for you? The Andrade victory was brilliant but it's not like she's battered everybody else in the UFC so far.

Rose was a bad matchup for Joanna but outside of that Joanna has been a dominant force in the UFC only losing to Valentina who firstly is much bigger than her and secondly is regarded as probably the best female fighter in MMA right now. People seem to be sleeping on Joanna a bit lately just because she lost to Rose. She night be a bit of a bellend but she's a cracking fighter.

You might turn out to be right and just like you I'll hold my hands up but I lean towards Joanna in this fight and don't expect her to get steamrolled but we'll see tomorrow night!

Luke1995

I was high on him since he participated in TUF27, but with every fight since I'm kinda losing hope. Haven't really evolved much and you can put him in bad positions easily. He doesn't really defend take-downs because he trust his BJJ and long limbs to bail him out, and it works against lesser opponents but I don't think he will succeed against a top 15-20.

He still young though (26yo) and recently changed camp from AKA to ATT. His next fight hopefully gonna be step up in competition.
He could use his lenght to maintain distance, they can touch him too easily. Either way, always a fun addition to any card.

Fener1907

I'm undoubtedly putting more emotion into my prediction on this one, such is my dislike for Joanna. I do see a path to victory for Weili but you're right in that she still has some things to prove. There are different factors in this fight that I find interesting and why I think Weili will take it:

Joanna is notable for her output and has dominated many fighters with it. However, as she showed against Torres, Weili is no slouch herself and can maintain a very high output of her own. With that, I think she is also dynamic enough to get at Joanna (she can attack her lead leg and throw that spinning back kick) and not allow her to get into a rhythm of firing off her own combos for five rounds. I think Weili is also strong enough in the clinch to get Joanna down and, should she do that, is quite relentless with her ground and pound. In my opinion, that is where she should be looking to test her.

We'll have to see how Joanna's takedown defence holds up and if she can time Weili on her way in. She is definitely hittable but that comes at a cost because she is very active with her forward movement and leg kicks. Looking forward to this one.

George Owen

Adesanya and Zhang made weight easily.

I hope Romero (And Joanna) don't feck up. He was looking already half dead in his last interviews.

Joanna made weight too.

Hawks2008

I hope Yoel wins, it would be a shame if he never got the belt.

That said I can't help but feel Izzy will just outpoint him for 5 rounds for the UD.

George Owen

The card kicks off with early prelims on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass at 7:00 p.m. ET.

Emily Whitmire vs. Polyana Viana - fight canceled
Jamall Emmers vs. Giga Chikadze
Danaa Batgerel vs. Guido Cannetti

The card will then switch to ESPN at 8 p.m. ET.

Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
Mark Madsen vs. Austin Hubbard
Rodolfo Vieira vs. Saparbek Safarov
Gerald Meerschaert vs. Deron Winn

The main card will be featured on ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET.

Israel Adesanya vs. Yoel Romero
Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
Neil Magny vs. Li Jingliang
Alex Oliveira vs. Max Griffin