The MMA thread

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah but you’re so biased that I can’t take anything you say serious. If McGregor beats Poirier he has earned a rematch.

Looks like it won’t matter anyway as he will choose the easy way out. Will never be in the goat conversation for me.
Conor needs to fight Gaethje. Better stylistic matchup.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That really was the perfect way to go out. A dominant performance and finish against “the most violent man in the UFC”.

Stood with him without fear, gassed him in a round, took him down, and the finish was absolutely seamless. He is very special.

In a funny way, the whole McGregor story was a blessing in disguised. It thrust him into the spotlight in a massive way and shone a deserved light on his phenomenal abilities.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wouldn't take a fighter announcing retirement seriously most times, let alone in an emotional post-fight state.

Chief123

I think some are underestimating how important a mans word is from Khabibs background. You will not see him in a cage again.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Khabib was on a mission and emotionally fuelled tonight. That level of aggression is not the usual. Prepping for this version of Khabib is not what Gaethje's camp could've done.

Not sure how long that power up would've lasted for, but it's immaterial since Gaethje was completely overwhelmed by it.

This level of Khabib is like a computer game character. Super Kong.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
roud Khabib Fanboy casual getting excited again :lol:

What predictions?

I think Khabib wins in the 2nd. And it will be quite brutal because he will be so focused.
And then khabib will break down in tears and his proper grief recovery period can begin
nailed it days ago, even down to the tears and emotions.

What an amazing way to win. GOAT.

gutted it’s the end of Khabibs career as he was the sole reason i became interested in UFC.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think some are underestimating how important a mans word is from Khabibs background. You will not see him in a cage again.
I was going to post this. It’s a completely different culture. His relationship with his father was everything too. He is a national hero and a very wealthy man On top of that.

It looked very like the reaction and decision of a man who had decided this long before tonight. He was laser focused on a finish for his last fight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah I don’t think he will come back. Even if retirements in MMA and boxing are usually bullshit. I don’t think he would say he won’t fight again to his mum and go back on it.

Anyway, the ‘most violent man’ looked extremely average in there. Khabib took all his confidence away pretty quick

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Khabib is the GOAT.

I was never a fan of the UFC until I heard about him. It was a pleasure following his career.