The MMA thread

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
damn!... saw the latest ultimate last night... matt serra looked fukin good..
he's a top grappler too.... i think he won the abu dhabi championship before

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
did you see hughes beating penn?.... hughes looked a bit tense for 1st 2 rounds... but when he finally got him on the ground he fuked him up! that position he got him in was a nasty one... i thought the ref would have stopped it quicker cos there was nothing penn could do except get smashed in the head.
really looking forwards to jsaintpierre v hughes now!

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
Serra looked real good, but I think it was expected for him, other than getting knocked out by Shonie's lucky spinning back fist all of his losses have been real close, especially the decision to Penn. Not sure if he won the Abu Dhabi, but have you ever seen Jeff Monson, he steadily climbing the heavyweight ranks. He's a freaking beast. 5'9 and 255 pounds and all muscle. I'm pretty sure he has won the last 3 Abu Dhabi for his weight class.

The Penn-Hughes fight was really good. Penn dominated the fight but got tired. And when you're as good a fighter as Hughes, you're not going to let a chance get away from you.

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
yeah i've seen jeff monson... the skinny little bitch... i'd kick his arse up and down the street.... i'd snap him like a toothpick

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
see shonie carter shitting on his team on the ultimate fighter?... what a dick... cant wait to see him get his arse kicked in the semi's... he should've lost his fight earlier in the show anyway

DA2

Sorry to say it but i fear Shamrock is gonna get a serious caning by Ortiz - funny thing about Ken is that he was one of the first true MMA fighters (even the Gracies werent strictly speaking MMA fighters - just feckin awesome at BJJ!) and partly responsible for the popularity of the sport today, but he just didnt seem to adapt properly as time went on, a bit stubborn unfortunately.

Really looking forward to Bispings debut proper - Nov 11th, dont think he'll be put up against anyone major for his first few fights - but he has got serious potential, v.good all round game.

DA2

I hope Liddel knocks that cocky feckers head off when they meet in December!

I have to say i have become a massive MMA fan in the last 2 years - would love to see some more UFC vs Pride type fights, the Pride heavyweights are feckin scary!

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
DA2 said:
I hope Liddel knocks that cocky feckers head off when they meet in December!

I have to say i have become a massive MMA fan in the last 2 years - would love to see some more UFC vs Pride type fights, the Pride heavyweights are feckin scary!
The UFC's heavyweight division doesn't even compare to the Pride's heavyweights. Plus I'd love to see Wanderlei Silva versus Liddell. Silva is a beast!!!

DA2

RedCanadian said:
The UFC's heavyweight division doesn't even compare to the Pride's heavyweights. Plus I'd love to see Wanderlei Silva versus Liddell. Silva is a beast!!!

Forget Silva - Liddell would do him.

Now on the other hand....

Fedor Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia

Mirko Filipović vs Chuck Liddell

Rock and Roll......!

Ps Have you seen that UFC fighter with that missing pec muscle?? Think its on his right side - virtually the whole thing is gone - freaky!! Cant think of his name......

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
DA2 said:
Forget Silva - Liddell would do him.

Now on the other hand....

Fedor Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia

Mirko Filipović vs Chuck Liddell

Rock and Roll......!

Ps Have you seen that UFC fighter with that missing pec muscle?? Think its on his right side - virtually the whole thing is gone - freaky!! Cant think of his name......
Emelianenko would kick the shit out of Sylvia.

Cro Cop versus Liddell would be a good fight.

But I don't see Silva losing to Liddell. The Iceman can only wins if he knocks you out. I don't think he would be able to KO Silva.

DA2

RedCanadian said:
Emelianenko would kick the shit out of Sylvia.

Cro Cop versus Liddell would be a good fight.

But I don't see Silva losing to Liddell. The Iceman can only wins if he knocks you out. I don't think he would be able to KO Silva.
People dont realise that Chuck is actually a very accomplished wrestler and more than capable of looking after himself on the ground - the difference is he uses his ground skills to get himself where he wants to be ie) standing up. He only has 3 professional MMA losses and one of those was 6 yrs ago. Look at his fight with Couture when he lost - Randy knew that to take him down was gonna be feckin difficult and so he knew it was gonna have to be striking that was gonna win the day. Chuck is sooooo difficult to takedown youve almost got no choice but to strike with him.

In a similar way - Matt Hughes aint likely to knock someone out standing up, so he uses striking (not great on Hughes but definitely getting better) to force his opponents into positions where they can be taken down, and once your down with Hughes is pretty much "asta la vista baby"!!

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
DA2 said:
People dont realise that Chuck is actually a very accomplished wrestler and more than capable of looking after himself on the ground - the difference is he uses his ground skills to get himself where he wants to be ie) standing up. He only has 3 professional MMA losses and one of those was 6 yrs ago. Look at his fight with Couture when he lost - Randy knew that to take him down was gonna be feckin difficult and so he knew it was gonna have to be striking that was gonna win the day. Chuck is sooooo difficult to takedown youve almost got no choice but to strike with him.

In a similar way - Matt Hughes aint likely to knock someone out standing up, so he uses striking (not great on Hughes but definitely getting better) to force his opponents into positions where they can be taken down, and once your down with Hughes is pretty much "asta la vista baby"!!
Liddell was a collegiate wrestler so his takedowns and defence of takedowns are very good. But he doesn't train in the ground game. Just watch any of the interviews with him on his training regime or his his actual training sessions for that matter. He doesn't practice any form of submissions, ju-jitsu, or even the ground and pound stuff.

He doesn't practice them because they aren't in his gameplan. Problem with him is that he has been fighting against guys that aren't as talented as those in Pride. That's the major reason he doesn't travel to the international tournaments anymore. He doesn't want to fight guys like Silva and Cro Cop. Its easier to stay in the US and fight guys like Horn and Babalu. Those are Two guys he wouldn't be able to KO because they would force him to fight their fight and not be worried about his power since they fight in the open weight competitions all the time. Cro Cop won one of the last open weight championships. You wouldn't see Liddell do that.

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
Please tell me Scamrock will finally retire now!!! How many times will he be knocked out by Tito before he finally quits???

Tito Ortiz Wins by Knock Out at 2:23 in the 1st round
you motherfuker!!
i haven't seen it and didn't want to know the winner before watching it....
actually... it was pretty predictable... i take it back, you're not a motherfuker... ( as far as i know! )

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
Please tell me Scamrock will finally retire now!!! How many times will he be knocked out by Tito before he finally quits???

Tito Ortiz Wins by Knock Out at 2:23 in the 1st round
have to give him credit though for how he acted after the fight... it was good to see he finally acknowledged that tito beat him and gave him the respect he deserved

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
RedCanadian said:
So what are your thoughts on UFC 64.... I thought it was a fairly decent PPV overall!
i still haven't seen it... don't mind knowing the results though!

i am looking forwards to matt serra kicking shonie's arse

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Yeah the Serra/Carter fight wasn't bad, pretty classy from both of them in the end I thought. I haven't been following this UF though, first episode I've seen in ages.

I bought Ultimate Fighter 2 the other day, that one was pretty decent except for all the Xyience promotion they had to do :nono: