The MMA thread

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I know the fights have been hard fought for the most part, but nothing worse than an event with nearly all decisions.

Hoping the main event makes up for it

kidbob

Its honestly terrifying how Covid affected him. For any deniers out there this guy is an elite athlete and young too and got absolutely destroyed by this. Hopefully he can eventually make a full recovery. He has the potential to be a legend in MMA.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Its honestly terrifying how Covid affected him. For any deniers out there this guy is an elite athlete and young too and got absolutely destroyed by this. Hopefully he can eventually make a full recovery. He has the potential to be a legend in MMA.
I feel like this could be a case of Covid hitting really hard because of burn-out. The same thing happened to Cody Garbrandt, elite athlete and Covid wrecked him because I think he was training full-throttle at the time when he caught it, he didn't realise and continued to kill himself in the gym and then he just had nothing left to fight it off it seems.

There was another guest on the Joe Rogan podcast - comedian Michael Yo - who also got affected really bad and at the time he says he was dog tired because he was flying all over the country doing shows every night.

Khamzat by all accounts is a complete workaholic (I mean who takes 2 fights in 10 days in different weight classes!) so this could be a similar situation.

I don't have any research to back this up, but seems to have affected a few high-level athletes in a similar way that it makes you wonder if it's a thing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I feel like this could be a case of Covid hitting really hard because of burn-out. The same thing happened to Cody Garbrandt, elite athlete and Covid wrecked him because I think he was training full-throttle at the time when he caught it, he didn't realise and continued to kill himself in the gym and then he just had nothing left to fight it off it seems.

There was another guest on the Joe Rogan podcast - comedian Michael Yo - who also got affected really bad and at the time he says he was dog tired because he was flying all over the country doing shows every night.

Khamzat by all accounts is a complete workaholic (I mean who takes 2 fights in 10 days in different weight classes!) so this could be a similar situation.

I don't have any research to back this up, but seems to have affected a few high-level athletes in a similar way that it makes you wonder if it's a thing.
No wonder Berbatov felt no symptoms.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Some interesting comments from Whitaker

Thanks for that, it was very interesting. I have had the same amazement. Khabib is not a simple MMA fighter, his wrestling is on the level of the likes of Cormier, genuine Olympic wrestlling level, he has perfect technique and body control. I would have loved to see more of their training sessions at AKA.

Luke1995

Well according to Dana, he's put a stop to Covid and illegal streaming. So I'm not sure your facts are correct there.
When has Dana ever been wrong though ? According to Dana, we shouldn't believe anything the media says.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not the end of the world given that Reem is old and JDS has become a fairly predictable loser at this stage.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
JDS has lost 4 in a row via strikes. That cant be good for him

I have enjoyed both fighters over the years but it makes sense to release them. Also I imagine both on big contracts.

Bellator will take them though

Luke1995

Was Cruz's flat performance against Cejudo a one-off or will he look equally bad on this one ?

He should have enough in the tank to beat Kenney. Even dominate him. But I don't know, man...

We should also get an answer on where Benavidez's currently at. That Askarov dude looks legit.

Luke1995

It's super difficult to predict Yan-Sterling and the main event. But I will say I think Yan's relentless pressure could eventually be the difference maker. And I could see Adesanya outpointing Jan to take a unanimous decision.

Most likely though, all three title fights will end up in big finishes... we hope so, right ? It's always more exciting...

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's super difficult to predict Yan-Sterling and the main event. But I will say I think Yan's relentless pressure could eventually be the difference maker. And I could see Adesanya outpointing Jan to take a unanimous decision.

Most likely though, all three title fights will end up in big finishes... we hope so, right ? It's always more exciting...
Yeah looks a great event, the most excited I’ve been for one in a while