The MMA thread

Luke1995

Privately that bald fecker will encourage it. He's probably good for one or two more massive PPV paydays and that's all White cares about.
If he cares so much about money why the hell he won't pay Jones and Ngannou mega money ? He would probably get a nice profit after the fight.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If he cares so much about money why the hell he won't pay Jones and Ngannou mega money ? He would probably get a nice profit after the fight.
He doesn't want these two to set a precedent. If these two get a raise, more and more fighters will want that too.

McGregor bought in a lot of casual eyeballs from the start and was the anomaly in terms of pay.

No one else is getting a piece of that pie for a long time.

Luke1995

He obviously views Conor as a massive cash cow who can get away with doing virtually anything. The only exception would be if he disrespects Dana himself - such as training in Iceland and not wanting to come to Vegas to do UFC promotion, then having his fight cancelled. If he was any less of a cash cow he would've been banned for life after the dolly throwing incident alone.
I see what you're saying but Dana protects the UFC brand above all. If Conor were to do anything that could damage the UFC brand to a massive extent, i'm sure Dana would act...

And Conor gives away the impression that he is willing to cross boundaries that most people wouldn't cross.

Luke1995

He doesn't want these two to set a precedent. If these two get a raise, more and more fighters will want that too.

McGregor bought in a lot of casual eyeballs from the start and was the anomaly in terms of pay.

No one else is getting a piece of that pie for a long time.
There's a lawsuit going on though. Let's see if anything comes out of that.

kidbob

Just seen the news of the tweets of Dustin's daughter. The guy should have been banned for life after the bus incident and now he should be cut and never allowed near the UFC again. Pure fecking scum is all he is and I'm glad that I underestimated Dustin and that @Ladron de redcafe was right that he has very much surpassed Conor at this point. I mean Dana banned Paul Daley for life for a late shot on Koscheck but Conor can do whatever the hell he wants. It's actually embarrassing for the UFC at this point. I actually worry for Dee and the people around him, the guy is unhinged and his ego can't handle his fall from the top.

RedTiger

Half mast
If I was Dustin I’d take the immediate rematch and then chop away at that leg and after I’d had broken it I’d ankle lock him and rip his limb clean off after him involving his daughter. If he ends up seriously hurting McGregor — it would have been self inflicted. He doesn’t seem to realise that some words have very significant repercussions — one day he’ll learn that the brutal way and I’ll have not an ounce of sympathy for him.
That wouldnt work Paxi. Herb wouldn't allow Dustin to go for an ankle lock if he's already broken the thing with leg chops. The better scenario would be to chip away at the leg until he sees that Conor can't put weight on it, then he can go for the ankle lock and pull the thing clean off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The weird thing in all of this is that social media is full of posts downplaying McGregor's actions, I assume that it's kids who don't understand that this goes beyond the UFC. This lunatic is going to put himself and his friends in real trouble. I can't help but think about those rappers who are getting shot and killed because they think that they are the toughest.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That wouldnt work Paxi. Herb wouldn't allow Dustin to go for an ankle lock if he's already broken the thing with leg chops. The better scenario would be to chip away at the leg until he sees that Conor can't put weight on it, then he can go for the ankle lock and pull the thing clean off.
Yeah that’s what I meant pretty much. It would never be allowed to happen of course.

poleglass red

If we keep talking about him, we keep him relevant, same with the press. He's lost 3 of his last 4 fights, I think now. How many other fighters could still generate this much attention of another loss. Negative press still keeps him in the public eye.We need to stop giving him the publicity he wants (myself included), he's almost a pantomine villian character now.Even Dana White says Conor could fight the winner of the next title shot, he shouldn't be anywhere near that. The fact Poirer wanted to fight Conor instead of the title due to money, kind of devalues the title. Not his fault, you go after the money but Conor needs to step aside and let the next batch through. Make the title the thing everyone wants, not a fight against a washed up millionaire. 2 fights in a row his leg has been fcuked up. Go count your money Conor. Even Khabib ,nearly every interview he does lately, he references Conor. He had a good run, it's over now.....

Oggmonster

If we keep talking about him, we keep him relevant, same with the press. He's lost 3 of his last 4 fights, I think now. How many other fighters could still generate this much attention of another loss. Negative press still keeps him in the public eye.We need to stop giving him the publicity he wants (myself included), he's almost a pantomine villian character now.Even Dana White says Conor could fight the winner of the next title shot, he shouldn't be anywhere near that. The fact Poirer wanted to fight Conor instead of the title due to money, kind of devalues the title. Not his fault, you go after the money but Conor needs to step aside and let the next batch through. Make the title the thing everyone wants, not a fight against a washed up millionaire. 2 fights in a row his leg has been fcuked up. Go count your money Conor. Even Khabib ,nearly every interview he does lately, he references Conor. He had a good run, it's over now.....

Never going to happen that.

I don't like the guy but his fights or always interesting and I like watching good fights so will watch his. Give me 10 more McGregor fights over snoozers like Burns vs Wonderboy

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
feck Conor.

What’s the thoughts on this weekends upcoming card? Does Moises have a chance or will he get wrestlefecked into oblivion?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not that interested tbh. Even though I like both fighters. Non elite mma doesn't do it for me. Will probably still watch it though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Indeed... Could listen to Khabib all day, his mindset is something else. Props to the interviewer also, great questions, no interruption after it. That is how you do an interview.
Best bit was when he was analyzing the quality of Jon Jones' opponents

(28:30)

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Best bit was when he was analyzing the quality of Jon Jones' opponents

(28:30)
Even the interviewer laughed a bit during it as he couldn't remember Anthony Smith name. I also loved the part where he just brushed potential fight with Oliveira if he continues his winning streak in a sense "congrats, it is his time now".

His "broken" English also fits him perfectly. Watched a few days ago again his press conference with Tony Ferguson for UFC 249. Has to be one of the most hilarious conferences of all time (Tony saying Khabib never been in a street fight and Khabib reaction always leaves me in tears).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Even the interviewer laughed a bit during it as he couldn't remember Anthony Smith name. I also loved the part where he just brushed potential fight with Oliveira if he continues his winning streak in a sense "congrats, it is his time now".

His "broken" English also fits him perfectly. Watched a few days ago again his press conference with Tony Ferguson for UFC 249. Has to be one of the most hilarious conferences of all time (Tony saying Khabib never been in a street fight and Khabib reaction always leaves me in tears).
Yeah its amazing how Khabib's calm words can bring sense to all the chaos transpiring in the UFC right now. Also, loved the bit about his old man wanting Islam to take over now that he's retired.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah its amazing how Khabib's calm words can bring sense to all the chaos transpiring in the UFC right now. Also, loved the bit about his old man wanting Islam to take over now that he's retired.
And him stepping in his old man shoes now in some way helping Islam and few others in training and preparing for the fights...

Hope we see a good documentary about Khabib life one day.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

Talking about Islam, he has brushed up his English skills big time over the last 12 months or so. Saw this interview with him today and he's looking good, very likeable imo. No idea how he would hold up against someone like Poirier at this moment, but I think the guy has massive potential. If the continues his win streak, his next fight should be against a top 5 or top 10 opponent and if he wins that as well he can challenge to become one of the big boys. Really hope he does well against Thiago Moises this weekend.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Talking about Islam, he has brushed up his English skills big time over the last 12 months or so. Saw this interview with him today and he's looking good, very likeable imo. No idea how he would hold up against someone like Poirier at this moment, but I think the guy has massive potential. If the continues his win streak, his next fight should be against a top 5 or top 10 opponent and if he wins that as well he can challenge to become one of the big boys. Really hope he does well against Thiago Moises this weekend.

I never really paid much attention to Islam until recently, since he was always in Khabib's shadow. Seems a very solid fighter who could do some damage in the division.

Oggmonster

Pretty funny video to be fair.

No fecker would believe you if said you were walking down the road and Conor McGregor came past on a mobility scooter with his broken leg on the handle bars.

Balljy

Being in hospital and away from some self prescribed medications does him some good it seems. He comes across as a lot more chilled there.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Being in hospital and away from some self prescribed medications does him some good it seems. He comes across as a lot more chilled there.
You see both sides of him.

Chilled when not talking about the fight. Then deluded when taking about the fight.