The MMA thread

poleglass red

From a sporting perspective yeah. Mcgregor just brings in casual fans to a massive degree. Would be interesting to see if that's still the case though. The shine has surely started to wear off him now.
You would think so, but the amount of times his name is mentioned on here, I'd say no.....:)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Pat Barry is on the mma hour right now and doing a kinda bad/fecking awful job explaining the rose horror show.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pat Barry is on the mma hour right now and doing a kinda bad/fecking awful job explaining the rose horror show.
He should probably sit this one out given the advice he gave her between rounds, resulting in Carla fecking Esparza now being a UFC champ.:houllier:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Think the lot of them are cringe (except early days Conor).

I like the Michael chandler type promos.
I find Chandler a bit generic for my liking (sort of like Poirier). Not nearly enough personality or panache to be interesting. The other end of the spectrum (Conor, Colby et al) are on the opposite end of the generic spectrum. Usman for me has the right balance.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I find Chandler a bit generic for my liking (sort of like Poirier). Not nearly enough personality or panache to be interesting. The other end of the spectrum (Conor, Colby et al) are on the opposite end of the generic spectrum. Usman for me has the right balance.
Usman is ok now but when he was coming through to title contention, he was mega cringe!

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Tough break for Dustin. He's not gonna get the Nate fight and nobody in the top 10 at 155 is available (other than Islam, but it seems like he's probably gonna get an immediate title shot).

This is probably his only path if he's adamant about fighting at 277 in July.

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
They are allegedly the same weight, although this looks like Rockhold v Volkanovski.
:lol:

To think that around 5 years ago, Ponzinibio was considered a big welterweight. He has been dwarfed in his last 2 fights.

Pereira is an ex middleweight and it showed.

Great fight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Holly holm won 4 rounds there, probably 3-2 but no way did she lose that fight

Holm has the worst luck/fortune. Up against Meisha Tate, switches off for a few seconds and winds up submitted and loses the belt. Then gets punched in the face after the bell rings against Germaine du Randamie, never fully recovers and goes on to lose. Now this.