The morning after the night before for Alexandre Jankewitz

RashyForPM

Felt bad for him, knowing that it was his debut and probably had all his mates and family tuned in.

But, what struck me was his reaction to it. He did go over to see if Scott was ok, but he just seemed so emotionless overall. You would expect either frustration or for him to be distraught with how his debut went, but he just had this kind of expressionless gaze.
The boy handed in a transfer request because Southampton weren’t playing him. I’m not going to accuse him of planning it as a course of action to get out, but it probably was at the very least, an act of petulance which Scott was unlucky to be the recipient of.

Having said that, if I’m wrong, then his teammates can’t blame that 9-0 on him. If they lost 1 or 2-0, then it would have been his fault. Considering we trounced them 9-0 for lack of a better word, he’s more well placed to blame his teammates! :lol: They just crumbled and defended really badly tbh.

youngrell

The boy handed in a transfer request because Southampton weren’t playing him. I’m not going to accuse him of planning it as a course of action to get out, but it probably was at the very least, an act of petulance which Scott was unlucky to be the recipient of.

Having said that, if I’m wrong, then his teammates can’t blame that 9-0 on him. If they lost 1 or 2-0, then it would have been his fault. Considering we trounced them 9-0 for lack of a better word, he’s more well placed to blame his teammates! :lol: They just crumbled and defended really badly tbh.
Disgraceful if that was his intention. There's plenty of ways to get sent off without potentially ending someone's season or career. Scott was very lucky to be fine after it.

RashyForPM

Disgraceful if that was his intention. There's plenty of ways to get sent off without potentially ending someone's season or career. Scott was very lucky to be fine after it.
I’m hope it wasn’t his intention as I said, but it was so reckless and high even though he was standing up that it sure can be interpreted that way. It looked like the Keane tackle on Haaland. The ball was acres away when Jankewitz’s leg drilled through Scott’s thigh. When you think of the transfer stuff he’s been involved him, you can’t help but at least think that was petulance at the very least.

Once again, if it wasn’t intentional and was just a young guy being reckless (best possible explanation I can come up with otherwise), then I hope Hasenhuttl, Ings, JWP etc put an arm around his shoulder. In that case it’s just a mistake which he can easily come back from.

Kamprad

He didn't get a red for the first one?!? :eek:
Different times my friend different times...
It’s like the ref didn’t want to give him the red but he didn’t give him a choice with that second tackle around minute 50. Scholes was like Rojo times 10 early in his career.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Feel bad for him but I also find it funny he demanded first team football and then he goes and does that

tomaldinho1

What's even funnier is that he's actually been demanding first team football from them. Think he even gave them an ultimatum by handing in a transfer request.
I did feel sorry for him but this makes it a lot funnier. Can imagine Hasenhuttl won't hear a peep from him or his agent for a while if he's not starting.

The kids had 5 yellow cards and 2 reds in his last 7 u23 games. He’s clearly a hothead. No sympathy for him after I learned that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Losing 9-0 is not down to a 19 yr old making a mistake. That’s a shocking performance defensively. It’s often harder to break down 10 men. Southampton were low on confidence snd had a depleted squad so there’s a very good likelihood they would have lost by a high margin regardless.
Sheffield United also had a depleted squad.... it was the personnel we picked for the job and the team not walking around standing off like we’d already won the match at 0-0 1/0 We were relentless and Southampton rolled over. No reason why we couldn’t have beat Sheffield United by 3/4 if we played with some aggression and a higher tempo. I said it last night Pogba and Matic set the pedestrian pace in the Sheffield United match and it was a major part of our undoing. For me McT and Fred are a big improvement in the engine room. We don’t let teams settle and carve us open and the support behind the forwards is much more solid.

i feel a tad sorry for the lad but Southampton were going to get a spanking last night either way and it was a horrible challenge.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah I tend to agree. Sounds like he's just shit, or an arsehole, or both.
There's no nuance anymore. Why couldn't he be somewhere in between shit or an arsehole?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
What's even funnier is that he's actually been demanding first team football from them. Think he even gave them an ultimatum by handing in a transfer request.
It adds another dimension of misery, doubt the club will be as sympahtic towards him as they would have been if he hadn't pulled that stunt with his agent last week. Due to all their injuries he probably would have gotten a run of games but instead he'll be suspended. Doubt he'll ever play for them again

markhughes

I did feel sorry for the lad but it was a bad challenge and a blatant red card. I was trying to think if I could think of a worse debut and the only example I could come up with was Jonathan Woodgate's debut for Real Madrid, an own goal and a red card was about as bad as I have seen but a red card after 90 seconds on your professional debut is a whole other level!

Red_toad

I did feel sorry for the lad but it was a bad challenge and a blatant red card. I was trying to think if I could think of a worse debut and the only example I could come up with was Jonathan Woodgate's debut for Real Madrid, an own goal and a red card was about as bad as I have seen but a red card after 90 seconds on your professional debut is a whole other level!
Felt sorry for him carrying out a deliberate act. Interesting.....

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who's earning hundreds of thousands playing the sport they (most likely) love.
He fecked up, poor guy, bet he wipes his little tears with money...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who's earning hundreds of thousands playing the sport they (most likely) love.
He fecked up, poor guy, bet he wipes his little tears with money...
Firstly he's hardly going to be on hundreds of thousands at his age and stage of career.

Secondly do you genuinely think money would make someone like that feel better? It was his debut with likely loads of excited family and friends watching and supporting him and he does that (probably as a result of being jittery/too eager) which costs his team massively leading to a defeat they will never forget. He will have to remember that for the rest of his life.

Zen

Meh, it's Southampton - they can take a 9-0 loss as bad as that sounds, in a game they were likely to lose anyway. Just get on with it and move on..... West Brom have still conceded 20 more goals than them over the season somehow.

He should be fine. Are their fans known for their shithousery?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
No sympathy, that was fecking reckless and could have really injured scotty

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Firstly he's hardly going to be on hundreds of thousands at his age and stage of career.

Secondly do you genuinely think money would make someone like that feel better? It was his debut with likely loads of excited family and friends watching and supporting him and he does that (probably as a result of being jittery/too eager) which costs his team massively leading to a defeat they will never forget. He will have to remember that for the rest of his life.
No idea what he makes, honestly, but over a year, i'm pretty sure he does, which is far more than the average people make here in Norway, which is a country where we're all supposed to be filthy rich.

I don't think money will make him feel better, but he's clearly in a very nice position in life compared to most people on the planet. I'd feel more sorry for someone in a minimum income job who gets on the wrong side with their boss on their first day at work.

That doesn't mean i'm laughing at him or think he's a piece of shit, i just don't feel that sorry for him. He'll be fine.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No idea what he makes, honestly, but over a year, i'm pretty sure he does, which is far more than the average people make here in Norway, which is a country where we're all supposed to be filthy rich.

I don't think money will make him feel better, but he's clearly in a very nice position in life compared to most people on the planet. I'd feel more sorry for someone in a minimum income job who gets on the wrong side with their boss on their first day at work.

That doesn't mean i'm laughing at him or think he's a piece of shit, i just don't feel that sorry for him. He'll be fine.
I mean it's all relative isn't it. Just because people feel sorry for Jankewitz doesn't mean they can't also feel sorry for people in minimum wage jobs. It's a bit 'whataboutism'.

I don't think you think he's a piece of shit, it was just quite lacking in empathy imo. It's still something that will badly affect the kid and there's nothing wrong with feeling for him a bit.

Sylar

The reason I find it hard to have sympathy is because it wasn't a harsh red card

It was more than reckless, it was dangerous

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
More like "the morning after the nightmare before."

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Losing 9-0 is not down to a 19 yr old making a mistake. That’s a shocking performance defensively. It’s often harder to break down 10 men. Southampton were low on confidence snd had a depleted squad so there’s a very good likelihood they would have lost by a high margin regardless.
This being down to 10 men yes made it harder for them obviously but that doesn't give a free pass to the rest of them to defend the way they did that's all on those 10 players (9 if you discount the keeper)

Sea-Cow

It was strange at just how shit the "tackle" was. He isn't anywhere near getting the ball!

Foxbatt

Now he is being racially abused and the Police are involved. Where do all these racists come out from?

Uniquim

It's unfortunate that it happened on his debut, and all that, but it was an ugly tackle, and fully deserved red card.
Starting a game with a tackle like that is headless.

Castia

Felt a bit bad for him but then read about his u23 disciplinary record, the rumoured transfer request then getting himself sent off within a couple of minutes of his debut......comes across as a right cnut doesn’t he. Feck him.

19 year old pro football player making a PL debut against United with an attitude like that...unreal.

Red_toad

Because he was young and fired up for his debut, I’m not arguing it wasn’t deserved but I can still empathise for people who make a mistake, especially in those circumstances.
Being young and fired up does not need pity when he was performing a potentially career ending foul. Guy has an issue with disciplin, he needs to get to grips with that, not shown pity.

Okey

Then he gets racially abused on social media.
I'm choosing to ignore this now. There's trolls on the rampage, seeking and loving the attention. Sick as it is, they don't deserve the oxygen they're getting.