The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

Get the man out of the club, his football is awful and he's filled us full of shite players.

The football is dreadful.

Baxter

Jose has been nothing but honest with the board, the fans, and the media. Said we needed more players or it'll be a difficult season, said we needed a new CB, said he gave the board names of who to sign months ago. And the board and most of the fans on here ignored him. And you're asking for his head?

Look to Woodword. Look to the players.
Yep, just look at Spurs and their new players for evidence of the improvements you have to make.

SillyUsername

The LVG out thread came after months of garbage. People just wanted to race each other into starting this thread, hence why you couldn't even wait until the game ended.

FujiVice

Seeing posts like "we played well in the first half" is heartbreaking really. Shows how far standards have fallen. Needs of to feck off. Give it Giggsy. Give it Carrick. Give it fecking David May.

izec

He wont get sacked now, not before December anyway. I would say he will get sacked once top 4 isnt possible anymore, but if he goes into complete meltdown, who knows.

NJM78

He has to go, we’d do no worse with an interim boss. Players were shit but Jose coaches these players everyday. They are either just rubbish footballers or the training and tactics obviously do not work. It’s only going to get worse and if we are keeping him just to save money then more fool the club.

MrSingh2002

I just don't see his first choice 11 being any good. What could it be??

We've seen so many combinations of shit it's unbelievable.

Give Zidane a go. If he doesn't inspire nothing will.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has been sacked. That defiant moment at the end with the fans was his farewell. Thanks Jose

kbbear

Although we attacked it was chaotic. Jose was the master of the fast start to a season when he really was serious about winning the league. But he undermined us during the summer so there was no chance of a decent league start. So he has to go.

Siorac

We looked good today, much better than against Brighton.

Honestly didn't understand those fans thinking we'd easily beat spurs. They've been better than us this season and have been better than us today. Wasn't unexpected.
Erm, it's not that we haven't beaten Spurs easily, we've lost 3-0 at home!

JonDahl

Lots of huffing and puffing but ultimately, business as usual.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We sack Jose and in a year time we're still shite with Ed at the helm. Sacking him would be the easiest path I agree. And then all would be surprised he wasn't the biggest problem.
Agree with you, Ed takes a lot of the blame. 3 failed managers and a lot of drama under his leadership. Changes have to be made at the top too

MrSingh2002

I just don't see his first choice 11 being any good. What could it be??

We've seen so many combinations of shit it's unbelievable.

Give Zidane a go. If he doesn't inspire nothing will.

Rake

We should sack him now, if we are going to sack him this season. But if we do it now, it would be another panic appointment by our lackluster board. We will end up in a lose-lose situation

Lentwood

I am in favour of replacing Jose but only because some of the toxic cretins amongst our fanbase always wanted him to fail and the negativity is killing the players and fans

forevrared

It’s not all on him, but he does shoulder most of the blame. Spurs got £75m less in backing than he did this summer. He simply isn’t good enough to get enough out of the players he’s got. There’s hardly been a period in 2+ years where you’ve thought he had United firing on all cylinders. Depressing times.

Shark

@NotShark
Why knee jerk?

We lost to a very good Tottenham side, they played very well. I expect shit threads like this after results like Brighton, but come on, we played well - unlucky not to be ahead in the first half.
Are you for real?

We got pasted 0-3 on our own turf a week after conceding 3 goals and losing to Brighton. That’s diabolical.

The missed chances are exactly that, missed chances. Let’s not turn into the scousers and count post hits as anything other than they are. We are in an awful state right now.

niohdogman

Saddening sight mourinho going towards the stretford end.. apologizing thanking them all for their (AMAZING) support.. picking up the scarf. Never seen a Mourinho that humble before touching stuff..

The Purley King

We weren’t as bad as 3-0 tonight but sometimes that can happen.
Still I want mourinho gone though. Pogba is 20% if the player he was 6 weeks ago. The defence is a fecking shambles all of his own making and we still play a dire brand of football.
Ta da Jose. Enjoy the £12m.

Devil81

We looked good today, much better than against Brighton.

Honestly didn't understand those fans thinking we'd easily beat spurs. They've been better than us this season and have been better than us today. Wasn't unexpected.
Are you taking the piss, we looked good for a 20 minute period and then we were a complete shambles from top to bottom.

I thought it was disjointed and was total mess.

PoTMS

If 'embarrassing' stuff like Mourinho out planes hasten Mou's exits, do the ends justify their means? IMO, yes. Anything that gets rid of him and his toxic effect on the team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Seeing posts like "we played well in the first half" is heartbreaking really. Shows how far standards have fallen. Needs of to feck off. Give it Giggsy. Give it Carrick. Give it fecking David May.
Can't give it to May though.

Nikhil

Knee jerk thread and sentiment.

Sack Jose because of losing to Spurs in the third round? Why not give him more time? We played better than in our last two games. Who would you have replace him? Questions need to be asked of Woodward. What did he expect would happen, with us not signing anyone? Especially after finishing much behind City last season. 19 points is a lot. Did he honestly expect us to compete for the Prem without giving Jose the players that he thought the squad needed?

You can't have a coach like Jose in charge of a squad such as ours and then not allow him to get the players he needs.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We sack Jose and in a year time we're still shite with Ed at the helm. Sacking him would be the easiest path I agree. And then all would be surprised he wasn't the biggest problem.
After the horror show against Brighton and then losing 3-0 at home to Spurs, surely you can see his reign as United manager is at an end. I mean, dare I say it, defensively we look like relegation fodder.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Might as well. Doubt the next manager will fix anything mind. We've been down this road before, you know.
Maybe the next manager can organize a midfield that isn't totally useless. People will focus on the defense because it's the current narrative but our midfield is far worse and it's not only putting the defense under pressure but also putting our attackers in losing positions.

KennyBurner

Poch makes no signings and has his boys playing far better. Good manager
Poch really wore all black to Jose Funeral. I'm not mad or anything I just need the board to send mourinho packing.

As you said tottenham made no signings but proceeded to smack us 0 - 3. No excuses.

predator

Youth NITK
In the most polite way, just leave and let someone else deal with it. Fwiw I would've liked to see Jose create a but of dynasty here but it is never going to happen.

No abuse, no hard feelings. We surely cannot keep tolerating these performances.

Pennywise

We should totally get rid. The Glazers and Woodward have shown they know how to run Utd. Oh no wait. Until these clowns go as well nothing will change. We are a complete shambles of a club

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's a decent shout, but I think Henry is out for a managerial position now.
Probably true, although he may like to grease his managerial skids at a big club alongside an already successful manager and with players like Lukaku, Pogba, Martial et al. Would be a great fit imo.

Ban

After the horror show against Brighton and then losing 3-0 at home to Spurs, surely you can see his reign as United manager is at an end. I mean, dare I say it, defensively we look like relegation fodder.
There's no way out I think but you can see problems run a lot lot deeper at our club than the manager.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He has to go now. No point letting him do his inevitable third season meltdown and leave us dallying in mid table. It's already started.

I wanted him here knowing it was a risk but it hasn't paid off. He isn't the manager he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.