The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Pochetino said no to Real but will come to that sewege. Yeah, exactly how it will turn out....
Well I guess he's also looking for some job security. Madrid are very trigger happy, whilst we tend to be the opposite of that, bar Moyes example of course.

noelyman

I'm sensing a change of mood in the media, which might hasten his departure. I can but dream. His revision of targets is now embarrassing. We hired him cos he used to be the special one. If we wanted the inept one or the negative and boring one we could have stuck with Moyes or LVG.

Reactions: Jippy

Judas

Open to offers
I know he's probably less poisonous behind closed doors and probably speaks more highly of his players, but he sure does make them sound like utter mugs in public.

Canagel

He is so boring.
It is tiring everyone out . Wasn't it just last season when he proudly told us " this is my team" and "we're ready to challenge for the title" ?
Fast forward to December and we're already out of the title race the excuse being "Manchester City buy fullbacks for the price of strikers" and some of us may have accepted our position.
Fast forward to the next December and we're already facing an uphill battle to get into ttop 4 the excuse is "we finished ahead of teams with more potential than us" . you see how the expectations are being lowered ? It's frightening and quite frankly dishonest. The man is a liar. only interested in preserving his reputation nothing else

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’d rather we got an interim coach and then got Poch in the summer.

fellaini's barber

He doesn't deserve 20 mill. Let us ride it out.
:lol:I'm beginning to tilt towards this idea instead of letting Ed drive me crazy with his ineptness. Since he's not gonna fire him for $20m let's get petty and let Jose bury himself, piss off all the players,lose the dressing room, get the fans to boo Fergie, have a full blown meltdown....sick of all the moaning and Woody trolling us

Last edited:

Greck

I think we need a new face in the dugout as soon as possible, even if it's only temporary (a caretaker).

Mourinho is poison.
Same here tbf. So many new managers have come in and revolutionised their teams. Getting a team to start playing beautiful stuff isn't beyond an interim like Mckenna

PlayerOne

Can't help but think we're wasting our time chasing Poch. I hope the board has things better planned out this time.

Ideally the board will have already decided on a DoF by now and he's working working on plans for the summer so everything will be ready to go when the new manager arrives.

Can't be wasting time giving the new manager time to come in the summer, take time to asses the squad then decide on the transfer targets. Already made that mistake 3 times.

All I'm asking for is a proper plan and a DoF, really shouldn't be too hard for a club of this size.

AlwaysRed66

All I can say is if he thinks coming second last season was a brilliant achievement, then Pochetino should be given a Knighthood for what he has overachieved at Spurs, with the resources he has. Get rid of the deluded idiot,& do all we can to bring Poch in.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Pochetino said no to Real but will come to that sewege. Yeah, exactly how it will turn out....
Eh? The United job is in every single way easier than the Real one:
  1. Based on recent evidence, we are more willing to pay the big fees and wages than they have been
  2. The requirements are much much lower. For the first season under the new manager, all he will have to do is get back into the top 4 and play some good football. Contrast that with Madrid, where anything less than a close second to Barcelona is probably going to get the manager the sack.
  3. Real's best players are the aging ones (Kroos, Modric, Ramos..). We're quite the opposite with Pogba, Martial, De Gea, Rashford, Lukaku, Bailly, Lindelof. They have more quality but there is a serious rebuilding job coming up and the money needed will be ridiculous.
  4. We are the only set of fans of a big club that has a weird affinity with managers and are very patient with them. You think Madrid fans would be quite right now if they were in our position?
  5. We can at the very least match Madrid in wages offered to the manager.
It will take a brave man to take that Madrid job right now. I don't see ours as too bad. Expectations are low from the board and the fans.

Nick7

What's with the random tweets from journos saying we've had no contact with Spurs over Poch?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
  1. Based on recent evidence, we are more willing to pay the big fees and wages than they have been
  2. The requirements are much much lower. For the first season under the new manager, all he will have to do is get back into the top 4 and play some good football. Contrast that with Madrid, where anything less than a close second to Barcelona is probably going to get the manager the sack.
  3. Real's best players are the aging ones (Kroos, Modric, Ramos..). We're quite the opposite with Pogba, Martial, De Gea, Rashford, Lukaku, Bailly, Lindelof. They have more quality but there is a serious rebuilding job coming up and the money needed will be ridiculous.
  4. We are the only set of fans of a big club that has a weird affinity with managers and are very patient with them. You think Madrid fans would be quite right now if they were in our position?
It will take a brave man to take that Madrid job right now. I don't see ours as too bad. Expectations are low from the board and the fans.
Why would he leave Spurs for United?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why would he leave Spurs for United?
He'd likely get more freedom and wages to continue on his project. Not to forget Man Utd is a prestigious club go work for on ones CV.

I don't think he will actually leave Spurs though, just playing devil's advocate!

el3mel

And it will take someone who doesn't care much about his career to take United job, with slime to no chances of competing on big trophies for some years, a squad with so many holes and in a league with 5 other rivals. At least Madrid has 1 rival in Spain, and with a good attacking signing they can very well return to where they were the previous 2 seasons.

PlayerOne

Drawfull

Weird, I don't remember the last time I heard something like this.

I'm reading too much into it but I wonder if the club is waiting for Mournhio to quit for Madrid and this is his way saying it won't happen.
It is especially interesting since he says that the club are happy with his work - if that's true, the mind boggles, but if it isn't it puts the club in a tricky position. They can't realistically deny the statement without sacking him off, but their lack of comment could be taken as tacit support for Mourinho. Clever move all in all by Mendes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because he’ll get paid more, be able to pay his squad more and have more money to sign new players.

Three compelling reasons right there, even if you ignore the fact it’s a much more prestigious job to have on his CV than managing Spurs (which it is)
All of these things apply to Real Madrid though. So his choice is between continuing his current adventure with a young a talented team or get a new challenge one more comfortable but not easier in the same league and the other in an exigent club but with one of the top 2 clubs.

I could see him pick any of these options and they could all be reasonable.

CA1

is especially interesting since he says that the club are happy with his work - if that's true, the mind boggles, but if it isn't it puts the club in a tricky position. They can't realistically deny the statement without sacking him off, but their lack of comment could be taken as tacit support for Mourinho. Clever move all in all by Mendes.
Mendes and Mourinho have got their balls choking Woodward's mouth. Any United fan that doesn't want Woodward to have to pay the big bucks to the manager to go is just being spiteful. I'd rather it be on Mourinho's pay off than spent on the Tampa Bay Buccaroo's or whatever they're called.

Judas

Open to offers
If Poch has a choice between Real or us, he'd be mad not to go to Real. We'll still go for him even if he fails miserably there, but would they be so keen on him if he makes a mess with us? Might be a once in a lifetime chance for him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Weird, I don't remember the last time I heard something like this.

I'm reading too much into it but I wonder if the club is waiting for Mournhio to quit for Madrid and this is his way saying it won't happen.
Its Mourinho spin, released by his own agent. His sociopathic mind wouldn't allow him to even contemplate the thought that most United fans would throw a party if he left us for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.