The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

I'm not saying that credit shouldn't go to Emery. Of course he deserves kudos for what he's done so far. I'm saying Arsenal did a better job putting Emery in a position to succeed than we've done with Moyes, LVG or Mourinho.
What did Moyes require? His own backroom staff? Oh wait.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How about Emery is just a good coach and David Moyes was shite. We could have got Moyes Torriera, David Luiz Jr and an average CB if he wanted too. Hell we got him Juan Mata.
Thanks for the stream of consciousness but I’m not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with my point? If your point is that Moyes was a bad appointment then I agree. Or course, this doesn’t invalidate the point in the post you quoted.

Mainoldo

Thanks for the stream of consciousness but I’m not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with my point? If your point is that Moyes was a bad appointment then I agree. Or course, this doesn’t invalidate the point in the post you quoted.
I disagree because only the appointment was dysfunctional. If we had hired Mourinho like we should have done we wouldn’t have been the the miss that followed and no one would be talking about our bloody board. I mentioned Mata. We probably would have got Bale.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I disagree because only the appointment was dysfunctional. If we had hired Mourinho like we should have done we wouldn’t have been the the miss that followed and no one would be talking about our bloody board. I mentioned Mata. We probably would have got Bale.
“Only the appointment was dysfunctional”? Then yeah, I disagree too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@FrantikChicken brought Mourinho being a winner into it, you then claimed that hes not a winner, in fact he is a failure. The standard you used was that he won nothing last season.

"However let's not harp on about the winner bit. Right now, regardless of what he's won in the past, he's not winning. In fact many would argue he's failing."

So based on that I asked you if that meant in 2016/17, when Pep failed to win anything at all, was he too considered a failure. Of course he was not, without knowing the outcome of the 2017/18 season, Pep was a winner regardless.

There is no obsession with Jose being a winner, it is an indisputable fact. There is no argument against it. As is Pep. Even van Gaal, who has won silverware at every club hes been at is considered a winner in football. Were not talking about a decade ago, were talking about 2 years.

So before you suggest someone reads posts properly, try to focus on who it is you are having the discussion with.
This is a brainless argument. I didn't say he wasn't a winner. I said he wasn't currently winning. Which he isn't. Of course he's failing at United. Everyone knows that. The standard for that isn't yesterday or this season. It's his entire tenure. It's been decent at times, poor at others, but all in all he's been a disappointment at Manchester United reflected by most of this forum wanting him out. The entire point was to highlight how irrelevant this whole winner rhetoric is and you've proven my point. LVG was a terrible manager for us despite being "a WINNER".

Pep had one mediocre season but has been a huge success at City. I wish he was disappointing for them but sadly he hasn't been. I certainly don't think his success has been inevitable because he's a winner or something. It's because he has managed his team superbly, something I wish a United manager post SAF would do.

Reddy Rederson

I wonder why that is, him being such a delight himself.

Almost as much as Jose has enjoyed slagging off the players I guess, or the board, or even the fans last year (also refused to meet with them).

PS, I can handle being the odd one out, so what?
Doesn't mean I might not have a point.
No, the fact you don’t have a point is what means you don’t have a point. In essence, you’re victim blaming, eating up media nonsense, and just making shit up. That’s why you’re the odd one out. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, and just say you’re not following what’s going on as closely as you should and are taking far too many bullshit stories at face value.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope people aren't falling for his new 'calm' demeanour. We've known him long enough to know his moods are all over the place.
Whatever happens this season with him, we need to move on. Technically we're a mess as a team, and I fear if we stay with him, we'll fall further behind.

AndyJ1985

It's like groundhog day on here. We go through the same cycle over and over. From everyone wanting the manager gone after some shit results, to us suddenly turning another corner after one or two decent results, to another false dawn when we put in a rotten performance and lose again. Rinse repeat.

LuckyScout78

He can start to be positive and try his best to avoid negatives things. Negatives things attract negatives things. Football and peoples are a part of life and the Universe. Then its to goes under the premises of life and Universe. The law of attraction. He started to complain about the transfer and was showing that he wasnt satisfy with Pogba by dropping him as vice captain.

At Chelsea last spell. The negatives things started with Hazard and the doctor. So its about to avoid the negatives vibes in the house and club. Because when you are having negatives vibes in the house, on a negative run and mood. Then the margins might go against you too. Compare to others top 6 clubs right now. Its there as much negatives stuff at theirs club?So if it will help much, it will help a bit to stay positives. Blame intern in the club will help not much either. So beside motivating his players. He shall try to stay positive as much as possible and dont move the blame on others when its goes wrong. Coz sometimes, it can start with the tactic and line up, before the ball get kick first time in the match.

But in the end. Mourinho most of the time had conflict with the players and in his previous club. Im not sure he has or will change the way he handle things. Because in the start of his third season with United. I think he hasnt change. He doesnt want to take a part of the blame. And if he blame the big stars with big ego. Like Pogba or Ronaldo. Who cant take it in public. Then the negatives wheel start rolling. In worse case the board have to choose beetween the manager or players. So that its point to avoid the negatives thing, before its start rolling. Its one of thing Mourinho and United can do, to get better result in the future, over a long period. Negatives things eill just follow negatives things.

Cloud7

Juventus play in the Italian league against teams that sit deep and try to contain them every week. Their domestic dominance is based around breaking down teams set up defensively. How in any good sense can you think that setting up in the way they’re used to playing against is the way to try and get a result against them?

izec

Todays game is not decisive, nothing new here. Everyone expects us to lose, but it is getting embarrassing

luke511

Why does it seem like almost every manager we come up against outdoes Mourinho tactically?

AndyJ1985

You can't claim to love this club and then support a manager who is responsible for this shambles of a team. At this point only rival fans should be wanting him to stay.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Anyone who still supports that coward should feck off with him when he leaves
I mean, it’s the third season running we’re playing like this, and he’s still around. It’s clearly not a big deal for those who make the decisions.

I do agree with you, though, for what it’s worth. It’s absolutely embarrassing for a club of our stature to take this approach to big games at home. I ducking hate it.

RedRover

His teams always had a well drilled, solid base and often, lacked flair. This team has neither. On the odd occasion we look like a threat we’re horribly exposed.

He seems incapable of working out how the better, younger managers play the game so he reverts to type.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Attack attack...attack!
Fecking coward.
You can see that our lack of pressing is intentional.

Robbie Boy

How anyone wants him to stay is beyond me. I suppose we did scrape a win at home against a Newcastle side beaten at home by Brighton the weekend.

Mainoldo

Can someone for Mourinho actually explain what is going on here. Also how Jerome Boateng prevents this?

Raw

Second halves v Newcastle and Chelsea have given him a lifeline, but right now it's same old horrible coaching at show. We're unbelievably shite at passing.

marktan

Not good enough. 3 years and the team's still crap. It's the signings that irk me. Started of promising 1st year, been diabolical still. How rashford and Martial are our wingers still is beyond me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yes, Juve are a better side, so why not make it hard for them by pressing them to oblivion?

Mick321

He absolutely disgusts me. Makes me sick to see us play like this, we are playing like a conference side on their big day out in the Cup. Even if we come back and win somehow there is absolutely no excuse for starting like this, we've had one pitiful header on goal in 45 mins and that's when we've been behind for 20 mins! Not one shot with our feet. Pathetic. Please just leave the club, have some dignity.

People that want him to stay are delusional - Rashord and Martial are playing as FBs for goodness sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.