Film The Movies I want to see thread

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
This new film written/directed by Simon Amstell is apparently out today:

But the only showings I can find are at a couple of cinemas in London and one in Sheffield.

Oh, and you can watch it on demand on Curzon for 12 quid a pop.

It's no wonder so many people use Kodi, etc.

Sweet Square

Out next week in the UK

High hopes for this as its from the same team who did the Senna and Amy Winehouse documentaries.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Sequel to the Shining made by the director of The Haunting On Hill House. I have high hopes.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

The trailer is not exactly amazing but neither was the trailer for the previous one but the film was actually quite fun so I'm willing to give this a go.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Best film ever:
Dr Strangelove or How I learnt to love the bomb.
I can just imagine Donald Trump making a cameo appearance.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

I know people complaining about reboots are annoying but a non-musical Mulan? Why?
I actually like it. Good to see they're not just replicating each film over and over but instead trying to do different visions. Not every film needs to be completely remade the same way as the cartoon.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I actually like it. Good to see they're not just replicating each film over and over but instead trying to do different visions. Not every film needs to be completely remade the same way as the cartoon.
Yeah, sure, that sounds interesting and somewhat creative in an originality adverse market, but - and hear me out here - wouldn’t it be a lot better if everything was exactly the same, and always adhered strictly to our already conceived notions? Why can’t we just keep making the same things over and over again? #WhiteMermaidsMatter #BondsNotBlack #EveryAnnualBatmanFilmShoudBeComicAccurateForever

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah, sure, that sounds interesting and somewhat creative in an originality adverse market, but - and hear me out here - wouldn’t it be a lot better if everything was exactly the same, and always adhered strictly to our already conceived notions? Why can’t we just keep making the same things over and over again? #WhiteMermaidsMatter #BondsNotBlack #EveryAnnualBatmanFilmShoudBeComicAccurateForever
Piss off with the race stuff. I just enjoyed the songs.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I think it's amazing that the demand has been lowered from "make new movies" to "make remakes, but slightly different"

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Anyone else looking forward to Episode 9 later this year? Or did TLJ kill all the hype for some?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Why does all science fiction now have to be some portentous, maudlin science wank. Oh for a man in a fibreglass bug head.

Roosney

Ruth Negga stars in Ad Astra. Never heard of her but her name is quite...umm politically funny.