The Mueller Report

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's going to be unbearable if Trump wins the league.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Will Mueller be investigating this too?

The USA is fecked.... And it's put the entire world in jeopardy. If Trump and co get away with all this then there really is no hope at all. Every single day that man spends in office puts the world further in danger. Laughing and joking aside, I believe that 100%

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Really don't see why this needed another thread tbh...
The politico article seemed pretty definitive which is why I think Raoul went with this thread for the conclusion.

Will Mueller be investigating this too?

The USA is fecked.... And it's put the entire world in jeopardy. If Trump and co get away with all this then there really is no hope at all. Every single day that man spends in office puts the world further in danger. Laughing and joking aside, I believe that 100%
BUTTHIS EMAILS!

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Going by my following of the Trump Presidency thread, the investigation thread, and the various weeks I've spent following this soap opera on Twitter/newsoutlets/YT videos ...
this will be as anti-climatic as it gets, and Trump will walk scot free and use the report to boost his next Presidential campaign which he'll win by a greater margin.

Drifter

American
Even when Mueller releases the report and it turns out Trump had no collusion.This is far from the end of Trump's troubles.

NoLogo

I can't shake the feeling that this will be a massive let down. Maybe some indictments for people down the food chain but nothing too damaging against Trump himself or his family.
I think the ones that they could tie to some actual crimes are already indicted. I don't think anymore than what has already happened will come from this. The US needs to think about changing some laws though. For example presidents giving high value staff positions to family members and friends. Maybe, just maybe that should shit should be restricted by the law.

NoLogo

Even when Mueller releases the report and it turns out Trump had no collusion.This is far from the end of Trump's troubles.
It will probably say that Trump dodged taxes, behaved highly unethical in numerous situations (Kushner security clearance, Comey firing and so on) and was surrounded by people who were involved in numerous conspiracies to win the presidential election, in short all things where even a single one of these things probably would have gotten any other president impeached but nothing will happen apart from Trump tweeting: "Muller confirms, no collusion! Total witch hunt and waste of tax payer money! SAD! Oh and build the wall NOW!"

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So why have this thread, and the Trump Russia thread?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I think the ones that they could tie to some actual crimes are already indicted. I don't think anymore than what has already happened will come from this. The US needs to think about changing some laws though. For example presidents giving high value staff positions to family members and friends. Maybe, just maybe that should shit should be restricted by the law.
That's what I think too. I do still hold a small hope that Mueller will be the end of Trump but I just don't see it. And as you put it, it'll probably end with tweets with the highest number of likes ever recorded stating how he's now proven innocent and how many millions of taxpayer money have been wasted. Money that could've funded a wall all around the US.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It looks like this is an anti-climatic dud. Anything remotely juicy will be redacted by Trumps AG before it even goes to Congress let alone the public.

Trump will be constantly tweeting "Mueller report said No collusion" and nothing released will contradict it. The only chance is if there are more indictments coming but its not feeling that that is on

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Any word on when the report will drop?

(It is Friday and I’d love to watch the shitstorm today)

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
If you want to follow someone who seems to have a very good undertsanding of the whole proceedings, it's @emptywheel on twitter.

She makes the case that no-one really has any idea when the report is coming and that all of the pundits are guessing.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Any word on when the report will drop?

(It is Friday and I’d love to watch the shitstorm toda
y)
You should be prepared to be disappointed. Its going to Trump's AG first who will review with Trump people and then redact anything they don't like. What ends up getting released won't be today and it won't be a shitstorm.

bleedred

If you want to follow someone who seems to have a very good undertsanding of the whole proceedings, it's @emptywheel on twitter.

She makes the case that no-one really has any idea when the report is coming and that all of the pundits are guessing.
I bet the caf would love it. More exciting than when we got sanchez. Hopefully the report doesn't end like him!.:nervous:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
You should be prepared to be disappointed. Its going to Trump's AG first who will review with Trump people and then redact anything they don't like. What ends up getting released won't be today and it won't be a shitstorm.
Can’t they vote for it to be made public though? If it incriminates Trump then how is it fair to allow them to redact everything?

Hanks

This was obviously always going to be a huge letdown unless you look at someone's words instead of their actions, have had your head in the sand regarding which foreign nations actually have significant control over US Politics, or you've been binge-watching Maddow since 2017.

There were so many things to investigate Trump with considering his shady business dealings and character, yet the "Resistance" went knee-deep into this Russiagate and now they'll end up with an (deserved for their incompetence) egg on their face. If Trump is indeed a Putin puppet, then Putin is the biggest idiot of all time. What a useless puppet that sends lethal arms and anti-missile tanks next to Russian border (something Obama didn't do), bombs Putin's client state in Middle East (something Obama didn't do), Withdraw from Nuclear agreement with a Russian ally in the middle east, is actively trying to engineer a military coup against Putin's client state in South America now, withdrew from nuclear treaty putting the whole world peace in jeopardy threatening start of a new expensive Arms Race (that could easily bankrupt Russia), and is adding yet more NATO members which is the organization and alliance that is Putin and Russia's biggest security fear. If Trump is indeed installed by Putin....then indeed as Ukrainians say: "Пу́тин - хуйло́" and I would add Путин идиот. On the other hand...one can look at the huge favours Trump has done for another world leader over the last 2 years...including one yesterday just as the election for that friend of Trump is approaching in 2 weeks. Now that's prime puppet behaviour.

There is no doubt that there are certain countries that continuously interfere and meddle in US Politics. Those countries have active lobbies and hold annual gatherings where people of both parties come and give speeches and pledge their alliance to the foreign nation, to the point that going against such lobbies until very recently was a Political suicide (and still perhaps is as we are seeing). Some countries interfere by "donating" millions of dollars into campaigns or Charity associations of said candidates. I can't recall an ARPAC lobby, or oligarchs donating money to political figures...but there are countless examples of Saudi princess, Qatari Amirs and Sheikhs, and Israeli donors, and more donating to American politicians or their circle through a third-party.

This is gonna be Trump's biggest win since the election....just as the enthusiasm among his "base" was massively declining, he took several Political losses...the "Resistance" through their chicken-heads and by putting all their eggs into this Russiagate basket for two years will give Trump a huge boost which could turn out decisive in shifting the momentum just as the election cycle approaches. Because Trump's momentum and energy was way down...Having said that, as of today, I still don't think it'll be enough for him, but lots of things can change until the election time, most important of all perhaps is who the Dem nominee will end up being.

Last edited:

The Firestarter

How is this even allowed to be possible ? Mueller : Trump colluded with Russia .
AG: Delete that sentence.
If something like this is allowed , then why even start this investigation. Something doesn't add up.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
How is this even allowed to be possible ? Mueller : Trump colluded with Russia .
AG: Delete that sentence.
If something like this is allowed , then why even start this investigation. Something doesn't add up.
First I doubt Mueller will use the word "collude" either way because collusion is not a legal crime. Its why Trump has been saying it the whole time because no matter what he did he can't legally be guilty of "collusion" because collusion doesn't exist as a crime.

Second its the way these things work because the Democrats got so upset over the Special Counsel investigating Clinton that the rules got changed. Technically Mueller is not an independent investigator. He's still seated inside Department of Justice so the AG is technically his boss which is different than Ken Star in the 1990s.

The Firestarter

First I doubt Mueller will use the word "collude" either way because collusion is not a legal crime. Its why Trump has been saying it the whole time because no matter what he did he can't legally be guilty of "collusion" because collusion doesn't exist as a crime.

Second its the way these things work because the Democrats got so upset over the Special Counsel investigating Clinton that the rules got changed. Technically Mueller is not an independent investigator. He's still seated inside Department of Justice so the AG is technically his boss which is different than Ken Star in the 1990s.
Ok I am aware of his position, but he is still somewhat independent at what he can investigate. Which at least I thought meant that his report can go unredacted.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Ok I am aware of his position, but he is still somewhat independent at what he can investigate. Which at least I thought meant that his report can go unredacted.

No. That's one of the big differences since Clinton let the Office of the Independent Counsel Act expire. Mueller is not technically an independent counsel.

MTF

Ugh.

Completely irrelevant, but seeing as the report is about to be the same: I saw Michael Cohen walking around midtown at lunchtime on Wednesday. That is all.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Mueller subtly hints at Trump's fascist tendencies: