The Mueller Report

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
so the tldr is Trump obstructed justice but nobody will do anything about it?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
They are requesting documentation on the basis of “considering impeachment” which I think means that the courts will have to provide the info. Once they get ALL the unredacted bits and the GJ information then they can go ahead. They will also know the cases which are still under investigation, any cases that have been stopped and which cases are under seal. They will also know whether Trump and Jr indicated that they would take the 5th. That’s GJ material and something that Mueller wasn’t able to disclose. It’s also the first thing they would apply for if they were to impeach. In effect they have started the ball rolling.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
House Judiciary (Nadler) has applied to courts for full Mueller report including GJ material.
To what degree though can Barr intervene yet again is my question. Apparently the AG's power is being utilized to the full extent. Look at what he just did with the release of information on Saudi involvement in 9/11 right after freaking 9/11. If we can't even get our DoJ to not disclose information on those who are (partially) responsible for the killing of thousands of our citizens..where is the line??

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Weird how this report has faded away in the media. I never hear or read anything about it anymore.

Drifter

American
‘The truth looked bad for Donald Trump’: Here are 5 stunning moments from the first day of Roger Stone’s trial

1. Assistant U.S. Attorney Aaron Zelinsky said in his opening statement: “Evidence will show Roger Stone lied to the House Intelligence Committee because the truth looked bad. The truth looked bad for the Trump campaign and the truth looked bad for Donald Trump.”

This was a wild moment all on its own. Many had argued that Stone’s trial would be embarrassing for the president, but it was remarkable for a member of Trump’s own administration to admit it so forthrightly.

2. Stone’s own lawyer does not paint a pretty picture of his own client.

One lie the federal government has accused Stone of telling is that he misled Congress about his intermediaries with WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign. But Attorney Bruce Rogow said that this was all “made-up stuff” and that Stone and his allies were deceiving one another about being in contact with the organization.

“All of these people were playing each other,” Rogow said. “Trying to be important people, trying to say they had more than they really had.”

3. “To save Trump’s ass.”

Prosecutors revealed a new email sent during the 2016 campaign from Stone to Trump Campaign Chair Paul Manafort, who had a long relationship with Stone.

“I have an idea,” the subject line said. The body of the email said: “To save Trump’s ass. Call me please. R.”

This and other contacts between Stone and the campaign will be relevant to the government’s allegation that he lied to Congress about these communications.

4. “Tell [Mueller] to go feck himself.”

The prosecutors presented messages between Stone and radio host Randy Credico, who was allegedly threatened and told to lie in his own testimony about contacts with WikiLeaks by Stone.

“Waste of your time — tell him to go feck himself,” Stone said in one of the messages.

“Who?” said Credico.

Stone replied: “Mueller.”

Other texts, already revealed, show Stone saying Credico should do a “Frank Pentangeli.” Pentangeli was a character in the “The Godfather: Part II” who lied to Congress.

5. Zelinsky’s story strongly suggests that Trump lied to Mueller.

Prosecutors documented extensive phone calls between Stone and Trump himself, in addition to Stone’s contacts with the campaign. One of those calls came on June 14 — the same day it was reported that the Democratic National Committee was the victim of a Russian hack, a hack which led to the release of embarrassing emails by WikiLeaks. And the other evidence shows that Stone was corresponding with others who appeared to be in contact with WikiLeaks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
All counts prove Barr’s framing of the mueller report to be completely fraudulent considering all evidence gathered for this trial came from the mueller investigation and was contained in the redacted sections of the report.

They should be seeking a review on the redactions now this trial is over.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
And Roger had such a spotless history...

Anustart89

If he wanted Hillary Clinton locked up he should've just had her on his campaign team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He will. Most people don't know enough about Roger Stone like they should, so he ll think he can get away with it because not enough outrage will occur. Stone probably has a lot of the GOP in his back pocket.
He may pardon him, but there wouldn't be much of an incentive to do so. The Mueller investigation is pretty much over and Trump stands to gain nothing by pardoning an obviously corrupt person (even if they've known each other for decades). There would be no polling bump from Trump's base since they could care less about Stone.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Trump will use the Barr investigation to pardon a host of people.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He may pardon him, but there wouldn't be much of an incentive to do so. The Mueller investigation is pretty much over and Trump stands to gain nothing by pardoning an obviously corrupt person (even if they've known each other for decades). There would be no polling bump from Trump's base since they could care less about Stone.
What did he gain by pardoning Sheriff Arpaio other than looking like a twat?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Arpaio was a bit of an urban legend in right wing circles, so there was definitely something to be gained when Trump pardoned him.
Yeah true. I suppose it also sent a message that he would be willing to use pardon power to help his allies even when they were convicted fairly of crimes.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Not the outcome Barr and Trump were looking for.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days