The Mueller Report

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The IG Report into the origins of the Mueller investigation and the FBI's conduct is being released and other than some performance criticisms it completely debunks the GOP conspiracy narratives.

Barr however is just about to give a statement about it, apparently attempting to frame it how they wanted it framed anyway so this should be entertaining :)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Here it is. Completely contradictory to the IG report he commissioned by an IG selected by him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol: So who saw this Steele-Ivanka thing coming?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That’s straight out of left field :lol:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Here it is. Completely contradictory to the IG report he commissioned by an IG selected by him.
This seems to be the world we live in now. He’ll get away with it too, just like Trump will. Makes me feel really lost.

GiddyUp

Does he even care about his own reputation?
I watched him being interviewed, cant remember what network but he was asked his opinion on his legacy being tarnished. He shrugged his shoulders and said it didn't matter, he will be dead.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I watched him being interviewed, cant remember what network but he was asked his opinion on his legacy being tarnished. He shrugged his shoulders and said it didn't matter, he will be dead.
He sadly does have a point.

As mankind we have a nasty track record of looking upon those who committed vile deeds with more appreciation than we should - so in a way he is not wrong. Some historians will argue that he just did what he believed to be in the best interest of the country. Think of the likes of Cromwell, royalty of all sorts, warlords, etc etc who are now looked at as some of the most "influential" people in history - with people overlooking things like the fact they were responsible for the deaths of thousands to millions.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: So who saw this Steele-Ivanka thing coming?

Looks like the writers of The Trump Presidency are desperately running out of ideas. Who knows what wacky twists and scandalous shark jumping subterfuge lie in wait!

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
He sadly does have a point.

As mankind we have a nasty track record of looking upon those who committed vile deeds with more appreciation than we should - so in a way he is not wrong. Some historians will argue that he just did what he believed to be in the best interest of the country. Think of the likes of Cromwell, royalty of all sorts, warlords, etc etc who are now looked at as some of the most "influential" people in history - with people overlooking things like the fact they were responsible for the deaths of thousands to millions.
The 'Better to be hated in history than forgotten' argument.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Two Mueller Prosecutors have resigned from the DOJ today and it looks like it might be in protest of Barr’s decision this morning for the DOJ to step in and overrule the prosecution‘s recommendation that Roger Stone gets sentenced to at least 9 years.

Apparently Trump has not been in contact with the DOJ about it but did put out a tweet criticising it.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Two Mueller Prosecutors have resigned from the DOJ today and it looks like it might be in protest of Barr’s decision this morning for the DOJ to step in and overrule the prosecution‘s recommendation that Roger Stone gets sentenced to at least 9 years.

Apparently Trump has not been in contact with the DOJ about it but did put out a tweet criticising it.
Exactly. They’ve reached a point where the feckwit in chief doesn’t even need to leave a paper trail, he can just tweet an opinion and his little brownshirts rush to fulfil the will of the Fuhrer. Twats.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The DOJ just reversed course again after perhaps realizing this could spiral into another obstruction of justice case for the dear leader

Redplane

What a bunch of fecking bullshit. DoJ used to generally be a department I had respect for in it seemingly being independent from the executive power as much as is possible (appointees not withstanding). Some very very dark days for the democracy of the United States.

At this pt.. How are we any different from the countries we supposedly liberate?

Fergies Gum

Those who predicted that Trump and his cronies (Barr being one of them) would act more brazen after the senate acquittal were spot on.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
None of this matters since he will pardon Stone anyway and nobody will care.
He won’t pardon him, Stone would no longer be able to plead the 5th as a federal witness against Trump.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He'd just pardon him for that too.
:lol:
Probably

There’s another angle too though, pardoning for crimes directly related to the President and for the President’s own personal benefit is somewhat untested waters and at some point is likely going to reach the Supreme Court. If he let that happen on a frivolous case like Stone and lost setting a precedent, it could majorly bite him in the ass if he ends up needing to pardon his spawn or someone like Kushner.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Stone will definitely be pardoned and wouldn’t surprise me if he came out wearing his ‘Bill Clinton is a rapist’ T Shirt. He was pretty invaluable to Trump with the wikileaks stuff and has known him for 30 years.

Redplane

None of this matters since he will pardon Stone anyway and nobody will care.
Yeah and Stone is arguably the most damaging figure in American politics for years. Unfortunately that means aside from Trump, the W and Nixon holdouts, despite being critical of Trump will be a-ok with Stone getting off easy.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
The pardon is ridiculous. It needs to go.
It should be regulated, for example you can only do it for someone who has spent at least 20 years in jail or something like that. Getting to give out get out of jail free cards to whoever you like the second they get sentenced is insane.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That's in line with the Barr reduction memo isn't it? The prosecution originally recommended 9+ years.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Absolutely disgusting but not at all surprising.

He’ll be pardoned too so it makes no difference.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days