The Mueller Report

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Let's see what happens now. Pleading guilty is a different story to being guilty. Logan Act has never been used before. If so people like Jimmy Carter should be prosecuted too. It's entirely legal and accepted for the incoming team to meet foreign governments.
The Logan act doesn’t forbid people meeting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Surely a very positive indicator.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
And now, some light relief:

:lol:

Drifter

American
Federal Judge, After Reading the Unredacted Mueller Report, Orders DOJ to Explain Itself at Hearing

A federal judge who previously said that Attorney General William Barr “distorted” the findings of the redacted Mueller Report confirmed on Monday that he has finally read the unredacted version. U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton then ordered the Department of Justice to answer his questions “regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report” at an ex parte (one party only) hearing next month.

The much-anticipated development in the lawsuit filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), BuzzFeed and BuzzFeed News reporter Jason Leopold comes months after the judge expressed his skepticism about the DOJ’s decision-making in no uncertain terms. The pandemic, as Judge Walton noted, more than threw a wrench in the matter and continues to do so. But Judge Walton, having reviewed the full Mueller Report in his chambers, made clear that he has some questions that the DOJ cannot answer remotely:
Having reviewed the unredacted version of the Mueller Report, the Court cannot assess the merits of certain redactions without further representations from the Department. However, because the Court must discuss the substance of the redactions with the Department, and because such a discussion cannot occur remotely due to the lack of a secure connection between the Court and the Department necessary to avoid disclosure of the redacted information, and in light of Chief Judge Howell’s May 26, 2020 Order, In re: Further Extension of Postponed Court Proceedings in Standing Order 20-9 and Limiting Court Operations in Exigent Circumstances Created by the COVID-19 Pandemic, Standing Order No. 20-29 (BAH), it is hereby ORDERED that the status conference currently scheduled for June 18, 2020, is VACATED.

Judge Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, ordered the DOJ to appear at a hearing on July 20 at 9:30 a.m. in order to “address the Court’s questions regarding certain redactions of the Mueller Report.” In a footnote, the judge said the DOJ should be prepared, “if necessary,” for a continuation of the hearing on July 21 and July 22.

Finally, Walton said he would at a later date let the DOJ know which topics the Department “should be prepared to discuss.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...port-orders-doj-to-explain-itself-at-hearing/

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
And now, some light relief:

:lol:
The man has no shame. When he heard Mueller had been appointed he exclaimed " I am fecked! ".
Why?
Because he knew Mueller was a top investigator.Mueller was the man who pit Gotti away.
Trump , being a mob hack was all too well aware of this.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
A journalist asked a killer question to Trump’s mouthpiece this week. “If you’re happy to send the kids back to school does that mean it’s safe for Manafort to go back to prison?”

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A journalist asked a killer question to Trump’s mouthpiece this week. “If you’re happy to send the kids back to school does that mean it’s safe for Manafort to go back to prison?”
What was the response to that?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
No idea what you guys are talking about, I just checked Fox News and there's not a single story on it. Fake news.

*sob*

Drifter

American
Senate Intel Report, Vol. 5: Trump Lied, Manafort Spied, Democracy Nearly Died

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Casual reminder that this is what actually happened, according to this GOP-led-senate intelligence report.

The day the Access Hollywood tape should have ended Trump's chances, Roger Stone found out about it early. He then contacted the campaign - likely Trump himself. The campaign then reached out via Manafort and the literal Russian agent who worked for him to get the Wikileaks hack to be dropped within 30 mins of the AH tape.

It couldn't be any clearer. This is a Republican investigation, demonstrating beyond and shred of doubt that the collusion was real, proven and clear.

Is it even making the news today? No, because NBC f*cked about with a misleading headline about the AOC speech.

I can't tell who the worse enemy is anymore. The media, the GOP or just all of us.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Steve Bannon has been indicted by federal prosecutors. I’m assuming it’s off the back of the Senate report. I wonder if Don Jr and Kushner are next.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
"Though Don Jr. and others might have obstructed the investigation, the report said the panel did not pursue possible remedies because of "time and resource considerations." "

Reminds of that time when Nucky Thompson was being accused for fixing the Atlantic city Mayoral election.
At around the minute mark...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This fecking guy needs to be indicted along with the rest come January 2021.
I suppose we now know why the investigation sort of petered out and wound up being less informative than we thought. It was knee-capped by Rosenstein from the half way mark.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I suppose we now know why the investigation sort of petered out and wound up being less informative than we thought. It was knee-capped by Rosenstein from the half way mark.
I remember there was a little clamor for the counterintelligence probe’s findings, then it just went away with no real explanation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I remember there was a little clamor for the counterintelligence probe’s findings, then it just went away with no real explanation.
Between this and Barr completely sweeping the findings under the carpet, it was enough to apparently make people think there was nothing there.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Operation October Surprise is not going well.
I think Barr is as slippery and self preserving as Rosenstein, he would have been more than happy to go ahead with this if he knew the race was close and it could be tipped in Trump’s favour because he knows that with a Trump victory he could go on to control the narrative.

As things are, it probably won’t make a huge difference and if he goes ahead with something as corrupt as this and loses, he’s opening himself up to a whole world of pain once the new AG is installed.