The murder of Sarah Everard | Couzens sentenced to a whole-life order

choccy77

It's really shocking that as a result of this incident, 12 police officers have now been called out for misconduct in basically (for the majority of them) protecting one of their own.

They even called this guy The Rapist as a nickname,

I know she won't, be ultimately Dicks has to take responsibility for all of this and resign.

gormless

It's really shocking that as a result of this incident, 12 police officers have now been called out for misconduct in basically (for the majority of them) protecting one of their own.

I know she won't, be ultimately Dicks has to take responsibility for all of this and resign.
Having read the article, that nickname wasn’t in the Met. It was CNC

choccy77

Having read the article, that nickname wasn’t in the Met. It was CNC
Ah i missed that, but still......... Working with someone with that nickname and allowing such a person to get away with so much, is still so shocking.

Ludens the Red

What an absolutely bizarre and completely misleading post. You’ve seemingly read an article and then put your own spin on it and then posted ‘the gist’ of it in here presumably to show that you’re a good person and that you get outraged at the right things.

First of all, it’s twelve officers from different forces, so I’m not sure what the relevance of Cressida Dick resigning is ?

Secondly , “majority protecting one of their own” ? The majority of the charges relate to posting inappropriate things on WhatsApp. Absolutely nothing to do with disrupting the actual investigation of the case and his actions on the night. There has been absolutely no protecting him in relation to this case. That is a flat out lie.

Not bothering with the ‘rape nickname’ as youve already been called out over it.

Do you think doing this makes you a good person? Genuine question? I see people do this all the time on Twitter. Basically tell lies on any subject matter to appear to be on the “right side”.. I promise you, it doesn’t make you the good guy.

choccy77

What an absolutely bizarre and completely misleading post. You’ve seemingly read an article and then put your own spin on it and then posted ‘the gist’ of it in here presumably to show that you’re a good person and that you get outraged at the right things.

First of all, it’s twelve officers from different forces, so I’m not sure what the relevance of Cressida Dick resigning is ?

Secondly , “majority protecting one of their own” ? The majority of the charges relate to posting inappropriate things on WhatsApp. Absolutely nothing to do with disrupting the actual investigation of the case and his actions on the night. There has been absolutely no protecting him in relation to this case. That is a flat out lie.

Not bothering with the ‘rape nickname’ as youve already been called out over it.

Do you think doing this makes you a good person? Genuine question? I see people do this all the time on Twitter. Basically tell lies on any subject matter to appear to be on the “right side”.. I promise you, it doesn’t make you the good guy.
Okay, here I go.

You just answered your own question, Dicks is the head of the Metropolitan Police. The most famous police force known in the world and where under her own watch, this guy was hired and carried out not only, a kidnapping,a rape, a murder, but also carried out other sexual crimes under her watch, which was let go by other officers under her watch. (Believe me, there is a lot more not being publically reported, as yet).

Other officers under her watch covered up, previous offences and as part of the institutional coverups in this case, there are many many more, because the police worldwide, let alone in London or the UK look after their own, which has been proven time over.

Dicks has come out shocked and surprised by this (in public) however, she was one of the senior officers who has let this culture within the police carry on.

Cousins had been flagged previously and yet despite his nickname amongst colleagues, female officers being uneasy working near him, 3 investigations (internally) the Met police under Dicks, hired him as a Police officer.

So with all that background, he clearly received glowing reports from his bosses and colleagues, probably to move him on and subsequently he took his deviance to the next levels, pretty much believing he was untouchable.

Now, throughout the UK, as I said, 12 officers were given 12 miscounducts as a result to incidents all linked to this officer.

How many of them have been removed and fired?

You say i'm wrong to say that he was protected, but he was and that is on record and this is only some of the information that has been released about him.

Called out about his nickname? No I wasn't. That was factual, the only difference was, he was working not on the Met watch, but for CNC which is even more high profile, given the nature of the role. So if his colleagues called him the rapist and knew about his history and didn't report it, then they are also in part responsible for what happened ultimately, which was he took his deviance to the next level.

So again, it was an institutional result of looking after our own.

I know very well what goes on within the police and other organisations of similar cultures and how the first attitude is to keep everything in house, until something blows up.

These old institutions, just like Parliament or Congress in America, are all the same.

Dicks and all senior members of every force responsible for any part, should be held accountable, because they are the example and if the officers act this way, it's because they are allowed to.

And lastly,

Please don't come on here and blow air about my character, you know zero about me, what I do in life, and neither do I have to reveal or comment about my achievements in life.

So expressing my views, is my right and for you to try and belittle that, pretty much says more about the low quality of your character, as you seem to direct that comment at others generally, going by your wording and context.

And here is another sobering article about police protecting their own.

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-wife-...-when-he-threatened-her-with-a-knife-12353225

Have a lovely evening.

Dobba

Cressida Dick not only survived leading an operation that executed a Brazilian electrician on a train, then released a series of lies that are still being spouted as gospel to this day, but got promoted after it.

This is an absolute piss of piece to navigate through in comparison to that. More chance of her getting a payrise than being told to resign.

Ludens the Red

Okay, here I go.

You just answered your own question, Dicks is the head of the Metropolitan Police. The most famous police force known in the world and where under her own watch, this guy was hired and carried out not only, a kidnapping,a rape, a murder, but also carried out other sexual crimes under her watch, which was let go by other officers under her watch. (Believe me, there is a lot more not being publically reported, as yet).
It's 12 officers from various police forces in the UK. Cressida Dick isn't the Commissioner for the entire police force in the UK.

As for the bit in bold, considering none of that information has been reported, do tell us where exactly you got this information from? and what were the sex crimes? And in what forces? Then maybe I wont accuse you of massaging the truth.

Other officers under her watch covered up, previous offences and as part of the institutional coverups in this case, there are many many more, because the police worldwide, let alone in London or the UK look after their own, which has been proven time over.

Dicks has come out shocked and surprised by this (in public) however, she was one of the senior officers who has let this culture within the police carry on.

Cousins had been flagged previously and yet despite his nickname amongst colleagues, female officers being uneasy working near him, 3 investigations (internally) the Met police under Dicks, hired him as a Police officer.

So with all that background, he clearly received glowing reports from his bosses and colleagues, probably to move him on and subsequently he took his deviance to the next levels, pretty much believing he was untouchable.

Now, throughout the UK, as I said, 12 officers were given 12 miscounducts as a result to incidents all linked to this officer.

You say i'm wrong to say that he was protected, but he was and that is on record and this is only some of the information that has been released about him.
https://www.itv.com/news/2021-07-09...ting-to-sarah-everards-murderer-wayne-couzens

Here's the article about the 12 officers being investigated. "One gross misconduct notice and six misconduct notices relate to a probe into allegations officers from “a number of forces” breached standards of professional behaviour by sharing information linked to the prosecution of Couzens via a messaging app. "

Gross misconduct notices have been served to three officers over an investigation into a probationary Met Police constable who allegedly shared an inappropriate graphic relating to the Sarah Everard case with officers over social media before subsequently manning the cordon at the scene of the search for her.

A probe into the Metropolitan Police’s alleged failure to investigate allegations of indecent exposure linked to Couzens in February 2021 continues with two officers being investigated for possible breaches of professional standards that may amount to misconduct.

As I said the majority of the misconduct charges is related to the sharing of information and crime scene images, these do not relate to a cover up or attempted cover up, it's probably better to process what you read as opposed to trying to fit it into your own narrative.
The only crimes that have been reported in the media are two exposure incidents, these are not the kind of incidents that would constitute having some kind of huge elaborate cover up. The likely hood is that the officers were negligent and did a bad job of investigating it and thus are now being investigated. It wouldn't even need for the suspect to be a police officer for someone to do an inadequate job on investigating an 'indecent exposure' due to the grey area such a crime has.

And removed and fired? Well they'll probably want to investigate it first before they start firing and removing officers. For someone who is seemingly an 'in the know' with police matters, that it something you should really know.

Called out about his nickname? No I wasn't. That was factual, the only difference was, he was working not on the Met watch, but for CNC which is even more high profile, given the nature of the role. So if his colleagues called him the rapist and knew about his history and didn't report it, then they are also in part responsible for what happened ultimately, which was he took his deviance to the next level.

You're clutching at straws here. it sounds like his colleagues nicknamed him that due to odd behaviour around women as opposed to seeing him actually rape someone. I don't need to tell you that it is very common for people to 'jokingly' label people rapey or predatory based on certain behaviours they have. Unless again, there's some history that we and the media know about but you somehow do? Again, I'd ask you to enlighten.....

I know very well what goes on within the police and other organisations of similar cultures and how the first attitude is to keep everything in house, until something blows up.

These old institutions, just like Parliament or Congress in America, are all the same.

Dicks and all senior members of every force responsible for any part, should be held accountable, because they are the example and if the officers act this way, it's because they are allowed to.

And lastly,

Please don't come on here and blow air about my character, you know zero about me, what I do in life, and neither do I have to reveal or comment about my achievements in life.

So expressing my views, is my right and for you to try and belittle that, pretty much says more about the low quality of your character, as you seem to direct that comment at others generally, going by your wording and context.

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-wife-...-when-he-threatened-her-with-a-knife-12353225

Have a lovely evening.
Now you're just going off on a tangent. There may be truth to certain elements mentioned here but that's not what I initially responded to so don't try and rope me into that because that isn't a fair argument. It's clear I was solely talking about this case and those particular instances, which are based on what information has been released, you are coming up with contradictory statements and that's what I was questioning.

Last edited:

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Okay, here I go.

And lastly,

Have a lovely evening.
I'm not going to bother suggesting what you know or don't but if you are going to be claiming some sort of expertise in the case at least get his name right, it's Couzens

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-57774597

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58645487

Sabina Nessa: Murdered teacher's body found hours after attack
The body of a murdered teacher was not found until hours after she was attacked, the Met Police said.
Sabina Nessa, 28, was killed on Friday in Cator Park in Kidbrooke, south-east London, at about 20:30 BST, police believe.
Her body was found the following morning. Det Supt Luke Marks said there was a "short delay" because her body was "not in the main walkway".
Det Supt Marks has appealed for anyone who saw anything suspicious in the park and for any motorists with dashcam footage from surrounding roads to contact police.
"This did not happen in the middle of the night; people would have been in and around the park at the time," he said.
"We are horrified by the shocking murder of Sabina Nessa, and our thoughts remain with her family and friends," he added.
"We have extra officers in the area conducting high-visibility patrols, and anybody in London, regardless of gender, should be able to go out in an evening and not be concerned about being the victim of violent crime."
This is so sad.

(Is this ok to post here? Maybe this can morph into a violence against women thread.)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58645487

Sabina Nessa: Murdered teacher's body found hours after attack

This is so sad.

(Is this ok to post here? Maybe this can morph into a violence against women thread.)
Very sad. Was just reading about another case where a man had murdered a woman and three children. Any murder is of course sad but those involving children I find particularly upsetting.

Killamarsh: Man in court charged with murdering three children and woman https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58635995

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Posted about this earlier and that it was on Page 25 of a newspaper. Felt wrong adding it to this thread because it's essentially doing the same thing.
Yea, and on that note, I've noticed this hasn't been given as much airtime either on other news sites / publications.

Very sad. Was just reading about another case where a man had murdered a woman and three children. Any murder is of course sad but those involving children I find particularly upsetting.

Killamarsh: Man in court charged with murdering three children and woman https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58635995
This story is horrific. One of the three children killed was because she was having a sleepover at the house. So sad.

Santos J

Aye this happened near me, it's awful. Seeing it all play out from the families on facebook isn't a nice read either, the parents of the girl who was sleeping over are basically blaming the mum of the 2 who died for letting the bloke be around the kids when he has history for assault/robbery. Came out this morning that the mum of the 2 was pregnant as well. :(

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Neo_Mufc

I visited the pub that she was due to visit before being murdered. As far as I was aware that part of London is meant to be quite nice.

Really sad story and hope they will find the guy soon.

I was walking home Saturday and a road near mine has no lighting. A woman was on the same side and the minute she saw me she crossed instantly. Once she was roughly parallel to me she started sprinting.

In my head I thought I must have really scared her but maybe that's the reality now for a lot of women?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I visited the pub that she was due to visit before being murdered. As far as I was aware that part of London is meant to be quite nice.

I was walking home Saturday and a road near mine has no lighting. A woman was on the same side and the minute she saw me she crossed instantly. Once she was roughly parallel to me she started sprinting.

In my head I thought I must have really scared her but maybe that's the reality now for a lot of women?
Your zip was down and the monster was poking out

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
:lol:

Agent Red

This is pretty normal. When I was younger and I’d walk home I’d often run to either be safer or at least make myself feel safer, also often carry keys in my hand. Uber was quite a game changer as it’s so much more affordable than black cabs, and my current flat is right next to the tube station and just off a main road, which has been a massive plus point for me in terms of making it feel much safer to travel at night without it involving a long walk through dark, quiet streets (I like the independence of not having to rely on taxis).

I’m a bit surprised the other response you’ve had on your post is a laugh smiley, though I appreciate it must feel a bit weird to you to witness as obviously you know you haven’t done anything threatening.

Hearing the details on the case today is very difficult, especially how he abused his position as a police officer with the “fake arrest” and, by the sounds of it, potentially using a police car at the start too. The stuff of nightmares. I feel affected by it as a stranger so I can’t even imagine how awful it just be for her family and friends.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It’s worrying to think of the culture that this man was surrounded by obviously contributing to him reaching the point of committing such a repulsive, evil act and clearly believing he could get away with it.

A person employed to protect the public, who’d spent years immersed within the higher ranks of that profession

It’s one of the most awful crimes I recall hearing of recent times.

R.I.P to that poor woman who should still be here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

If you were in that situation (either as the victim or the witnesses), how would you know the arrest was legit?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

If you were in that situation (either as the victim or the witnesses), how would you know the arrest was legit?
Easy to say really in hindsight. Don't think many people would assume the woman in question was being kidnapped, especially if she seemed to be obeying the action. One of those events you remember but don't act on.

The details of this case are grim, I really do feel for her parents and loved ones. This is the exact type of deed that requires a life sentence, being a man of the force and doing that is just, well, its unthinkable.

Oldyella

Not sure you could? Imagine witnessing an arrest? Unless you knew the parties involved or had seen any build up you just wouldn't get involved would you?

Awful awful stuff.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Yeah it’s awful. They need to put a system in place where the arrest is called into a centralised database with the arresting officer having an electronic device which he then shows to the arrestee that the arrest has been logged and confirmed. The current system is archaic.

Denis79

There really aren't any words to describe a crime like this, in my eyes you forfeit your right to ever be a part of any society. That he held such position and used it to commit this evil act makes it a thousand times worse. Hope he recieves the sternest punishment.

arnie_ni

You mean how would you know it wasn't legitimate?

I'd just carry on and not give it a second look if it was me.

I hope they don't have any guilt

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Yep, exactly. More so if you're the person being arrested, how would you even know it's a legit arrest? You'd know you hadn't done anything wrong obviously but I think most people would only put up so much of an argument before just deciding to along with it and sort it out down at the station.

Denis79

Impossible to know. Things like this tarnishes the trust in authorities severely.

arnie_ni

Yep, exactly. More so if you're the person being arrested, how would you even know it's a legit arrest? You'd know you hadn't done anything wrong obviously but I think most people would only put up so much of an argument before just deciding to along with it and sort it out down at the station.
Youd imagine 99.99 percent of arrests are legitimate in the sense, you'll end up in the station and can argue the right and wrong of it after.

Youd never in a million years expect a false arrest like this, at least I wouldn't.