The murder of Sarah Everard | Couzens sentenced to a whole-life order

diarm

And did I say majority?
What else would this suggest if not a majority?
Just seems to me if I hear a domestic murder or serious assault nowadays I seem to think foreign National because it usually turns out to be right.

And what else would you call your take on this if not racism? Show me the stats I asked for that back up your theory and I'll happily apologise.

Deery

Dreary
What else would this suggest if not a majority?

And what else would you call your take on this if not racism? Show me the stats I asked for that back up your theory and I'll happily apologise.
Well you obviously don’t live here and watch the news everyday, and what if the men are as white as I am you obviously didn’t think of that because your judgmental self just going straight to the racist button.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well you obviously don’t live here and watch the news everyday, and what if the men are as white as I am you obviously didn’t think of that because your judgmental self just going straight to the racist button.
are you for real? You know that racism isn’t just based on the colour of someone’s skin right?

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
fecking hell just stop

littlepeasoup

Well done @Deery for derailing what should be a serious conversation of how vulnerable women can be in our society at large, and turning it into some Daily Mail level foreigner fear mongering.

You are an utter prat.

Deery

Dreary
Well done @Deery for derailing what should be a serious conversation of how vulnerable women can be in our society at large, and turning it into some Daily Mail level foreigner fear mongering.

You are an utter prat.
Didn’t mean to and I hate to take away from the poor girl’s demise.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yes, but I guarantee you he seen me mention Romania and immediately, racist!
I think we were all just a bit baffled at your claim that you don’t seem to be able to back up. It seemed like a needless dig at a time when we should be focusing on what happened to this poor woman than where the killer is from. Maybe you should take a breather.

Deery

Dreary
I think we were all just a bit baffled at your claim that you don’t seem to be able to back up. It seemed like a needless dig at a time when we should be focusing on what happened to this poor woman than where the killer is from. Maybe you should take a breather.
Aw right maybe wasn’t the right time and in hindsight a bit of a sweeping statement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is shocking. An unprovoked attack in broad daylight. But statistically most women in ireland are killed by someone they know.

https://www.womensaid.ie/about/campaigns/femicide-in-ireland.html
I am not trying to take away from the horror of this, but one thing that always amazes me is how little news the year on year femicide rate gets. It is something like inbetween 40 to 50 percent of all women murdered in the uk are killed by their intimate partner. Murdered violently as well.

https://news.sky.com/story/off-limits-who-is-most-likely-to-kill-you-11734990
Aye, these are good points and I don't particularly think they take away from the horror of this given that it's a point I'm seeing women's safety groups highlight in the wake of this killing too.

It's good to talk about and act on the crimes committed against women in public and their public safety fears. But if we're talking about violence against women generally then that's just the tip of the iceberg.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

A day of the guy's name being circulated on social media and slews of braindead racist comments about Romanians ends with the wrong person having been blamed and the actual perpetrator still free. Though the reports on this guy's identity were different in different papers anyway.

Last edited:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I posted about this in the general CE forum, but didn't realise it was being discussed here. The whole area is in complete shock. I walk and run this section of the canal walk regularly and it's always busy. You'd struggle to walk a couple of hundred metres without passing someone walking, running, cycling or fishing. It's incredible that this kind of thing can happen in broad daylight on such a popular spot.

I felt the chat about the suspect was premature, even though I was confident they must have got their man. I thought when he was arrested so quickly, they must have been sure. But regardless, this senseless attack and random murder (as it seems to be at the minute) is a new thing to this area. It has rocked the people here to our core. To think that the perpetrator is still out there is frightening.

I'm a teacher too and in our staff room today, which is predominantly female, we had a chat about how women feel going out to exercise on their own. I read the tweets after Sarah Everard's murder, but that was London. It didn't hit home. I'm from the midlands in Ireland. I, naively, didn't really realise that even here, women send their live locations to family members when they are going for a walk or a run, women carry their keys in their fist when a man is approaching them, women worry about the man running behind them and whether he is going to attack them. I thought, women in big cities, worry about these things. Not the girls and women I know. But they do, and now I know why. I'm truly saddened and shocked by this.

diarm

Sickening that whoever did this is still at large.

One small blessing is that Covid restrictions will have lessened the amount of drunk Daily Mail readers who went out and assaulted Eastern Europeans before seeing the latest news this evening.

diarm

I posted about this in the general CE forum, but didn't realise it was being discussed here. The whole area is in complete shock. I walk and run this section of the canal walk regularly and it's always busy. You'd struggle to walk a couple of hundred metres without passing someone walking, running, cycling or fishing. It's incredible that this kind of thing can happen in broad daylight on such a popular spot.

I felt the chat about the suspect was premature, even though I was confident they must have got their man. I thought when he was arrested so quickly, they must have been sure. But regardless, this senseless attack and random murder (as it seems to be at the minute) is a new thing to this area. It has rocked the people here to our core. To think that the perpetrator is still out there is frightening.

I'm a teacher too and in our staff room today, which is predominantly female, we had a chat about how women feel going out to exercise on their own. I read the tweets after Sarah Everard's murder, but that was London. It didn't hit home. I'm from the midlands in Ireland. I, naively, didn't really realise that even here, women send their live locations to family members when they are going for a walk or a run, women carry their keys in their fist when a man is approaching them, women worry about the man running behind them and whether he is going to attack them. I thought, women in big cities, worry about these things. Not the girls and women I know. But they do, and now I know why. I'm truly saddened and shocked by this.
Jesus I'd say its a shock alright. Horrible story for all of us but it's properly close to home for you in more than one sense.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Jesus I'd say its a shock alright. Horrible story for all of us but it's properly close to home for you in more than one sense.
Absolutely a shock for us all. There's crime everywhere, but this type of thing is relatively rare in Ireland. That's why it's taken over the airwaves for the last 24 hours in Ireland. So it's absolutely a horrible story for us all. I didn't know the girl, but I know of her family, I know some of her colleagues, and I know the area so well, that this has hit different than other crimes. The fact that the stretch of canal that she was murdered on was known as Fiona's Way after local girl Fiona Pender who went missing in 1996 and was never found, is poignant, because that's the last major shocking crime like this in this area.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So the main suspect was eliminated from enquiries.

What the feck happened to the poor girl.

I'm so sad about this. Angry.
That could just as easy have been my sister or my wife.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
It's fecked up that females are constantly having to look over their shoulders because there are extremely unwell, usually male, people running around.

Its also fecked up how racist some people in this thread are.

Sara125

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ayne-couzens-buy-xbox-prison-b986321.html?amp

Can you believe he has been ‘rewarded’ with an Xbox 360 for ‘good behaviour’

What he needs is 23 hours in solitary confinement only to be allowed out for an hour of exercise so he can get his head bashed in with one of the pieces of gym equipment, à la Jeffrey Damer

edit: Apparently he was upset that he couldn't play any shooting or any other violent video games. Sick feck. At that point confiscate the Xbox from him he clearly has no remorse…

eta: Yes. I am aware he was not ‘rewarded’ it. My point is scum like him shouldn’t benefit from prison incentive schemes.

Last edited:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ayne-couzens-buy-xbox-prison-b986321.html?amp

Can you believe he has been rewarded with an Xbox 360 for ‘good behaviour’

What he needs is 23 hours in solitary confinement only to be allowed out for an hour of exercise so he can get his head bashed in with one of the pieces of gym equipment, à la Jeffrey Damer
It’s not a ‘reward’ there is a behavioural level system in prison and you can only save X amount of money depending on your level. Otherwise it automatically gets transferred into your savings. To be able to save enough to afford an Xbox 360, unless prices have come down since I last worked in a prison, he must be an enhanced prisoner.

The money he earns in prison, or is given to him by friends or family is his to spend as he chooses. He is entitled to own an XBox 360.

What you’re talking about doing to him is just as inhumane as what he did to his victim.

Sara125

It’s not a ‘reward’ there is a behavioural level system in prison and you can only save X amount of money depending on your level. Otherwise it automatically gets transferred into your savings. To be able to save enough to afford an Xbox 360, unless prices have come down since I last worked in a prison, he must be an enhanced prisoner.

The money he earns in prison, or is given to him by friends or family is his to spend as he chooses. He is entitled to own an XBox 360.

What you’re talking about doing to him is just as inhumane as what he did to his victim.
I am aware of that he wasn’t literally rewarded it and that it cost £165. I feel like violent sex deviants such as him don’t deserve such luxuries even if they pay for it. And sorry, I’m old school. I don’t give a feck how inhumane my idea of a punishment is he should have thought about that before he stripped Sarah Everard of her life after kidnapping and raping her.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I assume a big part of the idea behind those behavioural incentives is to make life easier for the staff who have to actually manage a prison full of these dangerous scumbags? In which case it's fair enough really, I don't see why you wouldn't try to do that. He's locked away for the rest of his life anyway, having an xbox is only so much of an upside.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Opted for trial by jury on the indecent exposure charged.

Hard to see the reasoning behind that other than either liking the attention or trying to embarrass the Met.

Hard to see the reasoning behind that other than either liking the attention or trying to embarrass the Met.
Somebody with a history of getting off on exhibitionism and humiliation gets a captive audience to relive one fetish and experience another.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

Must be this for me.

I predict he won't offer a defence as such but show how superiors and other officers were either doing the same or ignoring him doing so.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The Met will be hating this as he’s become a symbol for all that’s wrong with the organisation

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Zara Aleena: Woman killed in Ilford was kind soul, say friends

A woman killed in a suspected stranger attack in the early hours of Sunday was a "kind soul" friends have said.
Zara Aleena, 35, was assaulted walking along Cranbrook Road, towards Gants Hill station in Ilford, east London. She died later in hospital.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, in what police say was an "opportunist stranger attack".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61963365

Sara125

The nerve of the sick cnut to even attempt to appeal. They always show their asses after they get rewarded for ‘good behaviour’.

The Corinthian

The nerve of the sick cnut to even attempt to appeal. They always show their asses after they get rewarded for ‘good behaviour’.
Her killer was given 38 years to life earlier today - what's shocking is he committed this heinous crime 9 days after being released from prison:

Life sentence for killer after showing 'no remorse'
If you're just joining us, Jordan McSweeney has been jailed for life for the "brutal, sexually motived" murder Zara Aleena in east London last summer, with a minimum term of 38 years set by the judge, Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.
Here's a quick summary of her sentencing remarks:
  • McSweeney was "prowling the streets" looking for a victim, just nine days after being released from prison
  • Zara Aleena's death has "broken" her mother, with her death meaning the "light has gone out from their lives"
  • McSweeney followed multiple women on the same night, all who managed to evade him before he set eyes on Zara Aleena
  • Zara Aleena was subjected to a brutal attack, where she was sexually assaulted and stamped on multiple times by McSweeney after trying to escape him
  • The judge said the killer was "wholly aware of what he was doing" when he inflicted "dozens of injuries" on his victim
  • Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb said his refusal to appear in court to face sentencing showed he had "no spine whatsoever"
  • She described McSweeny as a "pugnacious and deeply violent man", who has shown "no remorse" for his actions or their impact on Zara Aleena's family

Wilt

Her killer was given 38 years to life earlier today - what's shocking is he committed this heinous crime 9 days after being released from prison:

If you're just joining us, Jordan McSweeney has been jailed for life for the "brutal, sexually motived" murder Zara Aleena in east London last summer, with a minimum term of 38 years set by the judge, Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb.
  • McSweeney was "prowling the streets" looking for a victim, just nine days after being released from prison
  • Zara Aleena's death has "broken" her mother, with her death meaning the "light has gone out from their lives"
  • McSweeney followed multiple women on the same night, all who managed to evade him before he set eyes on Zara Aleena
  • Zara Aleena was subjected to a brutal attack, where she was sexually assaulted and stamped on multiple times by McSweeney after trying to escape him
  • The judge said the killer was "wholly aware of what he was doing" when he inflicted "dozens of injuries" on his victim
  • Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb said his refusal to appear in court to face sentencing showed he had "no spine whatsoever"
  • She described McSweeny as a "pugnacious and deeply violent man", who has shown "no remorse" for his actions or their impact on Zara Aleena's family
POS should have been given a whole life term, eradicating even the faintest hope of release.

Sara125

I was talking about Wayne in that post :lol: but yeah this sick cnut can go to hell as well. I live not far from ilford/Gants hill and I’m very familiar with the area that Zarah was attacked in.

The Corinthian

I was talking about Wayne in that post :lol: but yeah this sick cnut can go to hell as well. I live not far from ilford/Gants hill and I’m very familiar with the area that Zarah was attacked in.
I just realised - I was meant to quote my post with the update and not your one! My bad.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Shouldn't be let out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Some people are just absolute cockroaches aren’t they. Should never be let out.

As a side note. I feel like there should be a law to stop news outlets posting side-by-sides of victims and their murderers. It find it a bit grotesque that this poor girl will always have her picture right next to this cnut.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Is he going to have the term halved for parole? He's only 29, he might be out before he's 50 if so.

The Corinthian

Is he going to have the term halved for parole? He's only 29, he might be out before he's 50 if so.
I doubt it considering he did this just 9 days after he was out the last time. Some people can’t be rehabilitated…this might be one of those people.