The natural successor: Has Neymar blown it?

RashyForPM

The two incidents are separate. Of course action should be taken against anyone who uses racist language towards another player.

However, that does not excuse Neymar, you can’t rescind a card in these circumstances. You simply cannot go round punching players, even if provoked, he clearly needs to be punished.
I get your point, but Neymar may have responded because of racism. Can’t really blame him there I think.

I get your point, but Neymar may have responded because of racism. Can’t really blame him there I think.
That’s true, and clearly I don’t condone the provocation if it was racist, but he still shouldn’t have reacted like that. You can’t go round punching players on the pitch. So no matter what provoked him, he deserves to be punished.

The original post I quoted stated that if he was responding to a racist remark, he should have his card rescinded - which is clearly the wrong thing to do.

Pep's Suit

29 this season so probably next 2-3 will define his career in the end.

Hulksmash

Caramel SER have released the video where Neymar make racist comments ( Chinese Shit ) . Video can be found on their Twitter Account

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not that I watch PSG often, but I feel like the last time I saw him score a meaningful goal was against them for Barca?

GBBQ

He was right to leave Barcelona but PSG was a bad choice. Who cares about the tallies in Ligue Un if he’s not getting the headlines in CL.

Every time i watch him it's like he is playing entirely for his own personal highlight reel. Whenever he gets the ball he always has to take somebody on, and always looks for the hardest pass. Against the junk in France or random internationals it works, but against good opposition he usually comes off looking stupid. He's like one of those people who think they're a 10/10, but everybody else sees the bent nose and wonky teeth.

cyberman

Moving him inside was a terrible move. He barely tracked back and it meant their midfield were getting overran, especially when Martial was dropping deep and outnumbered them even more. It was the problem Messi brings to Barca but totally unnecessary

Chief123

Woeful performance. Bad going forward and non existent going backwards. He doesn’t offer enough going forward consistently in big games to be able to be afforded a passenger status when it comes to defending.

Bobski

Walking pace for the first half of the match and it set the tone for his team.

lsd

The Oracle
Wouldn't go that far but he's certainly running out of time to leave a mark on the game. I wonder how many will mention Neymar 10 years from now when you ask them to name the best players from this (past) decade. Not many Id wager.

He will be remembered as a cheat rolling around crying at nothing . That is his legacy

Pep's Suit

Should move to Premier League or will be forgotten quite quickly. Wasting his prime in Ligue 1 and was focusing on off-field projects... Maybe it fits his personality but damn, such a waste of talent.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not really how such players are judged, but that was embarrassing from Neymar for Rashford's winner.

Suvvernmanc

Hes a more skillful version of ozil..but with a greedy streak. A least ozil was a team player with regards to passing and creating chances

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Hes a more skillful version of ozil..but with a greedy streak. A least ozil was a team player with regards to passing and creating chances
No.

Ozil has 89 career goals for club, 23 for country.

Neymar has 313 goals for club, 64 for country.

If Ozil played for Brazil, he would have a lot less goals than Ronaldo. If Neymar played for Arsenal right now, he would be a top 3 Premier League player. Just because he travelled 15,000 miles in South America building up to yesterday's game does not mean rubbish should be spouted here.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is he the shittest best player in the world? Discuss.
Neymar is phenomenally gifted. On paper he has everything you would want from a forward player: deceptively strong (defenders bounce off of him), quick, superb close control, terrific technique.

However, for all Neymar's gifts, there are questions about his mentality. Last season in the Champions League knockouts he seemed to come apart mentally. He missed tons of one on ones, you could see the pressure had got to him. PSG could have won the Treble last season if Neymar had turned up in the Champions League final, they had enough opportunities to counter attack even after Bayern scored.

People say he made the right call leaving Barcelona, I'm not sure. He might want to be the main man but I'm not sure he's suited to it psychologically. It looks to me like when Neymar feels the weight of responsibility on his shoulders it just weighs him down.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Has glimpses of brilliance but terrible work rate and attitude.
his defending for our second goal was just shocking. His attitude comes from league games where they beat* almost everyone while playing at 30% of capacity.

If one wants to be a top player one needs to play in competitive league.

* not so much this season but the point still stands.

cyberman

No.

Ozil has 89 career goals for club, 23 for country.

Neymar has 313 goals for club, 64 for country.

If Ozil played for Brazil, he would have a lot less goals than Ronaldo. If Neymar played for Arsenal right now, he would be a top 3 Premier League player. Just because he travelled 15,000 miles in South America building up to yesterday's game does not mean rubbish should be spouted here.
James was destroying Liverpool last week when back in the country for 2 days after a long trip from SA.
Utter nonsense. It was a week ago for feck sake plus he had the weekend off.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably the worst I've ever seen him play - i'd like to think our players had a hand in that. First half Mctominay was all over him, 2nd half Fred didn't give him any space at all. As soon as he got passed the 1st player the 2nd and 3rd closed him down quickly.

He started off the match quite brightly, nutmegging fred and sending mctominay for a hot dog at 1 point, but we frustrated him and took further away from goal.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I like him and don`t understand the hate against him but he`s not developed at all at PSG.
I feel like he tries to copy Messi by taking on playmaking responsibility but is far away from the required vision and passing ability. Messi gets the ball, beats a man by dribbling and then immidiately finds the right pass. Neymar on the other hand, gets the ball, beats his man and then ... looks for the next man to beat and for the next man and so on.
Also needs to keep it simpler and quicker in transission. Slows the game unneccessarily down.

GlasgowCeltic

Feels like his career is going to peter out at club level once Mbappe goes, don’t see where his next move is. Incredible player though

thepolice123

Started the game brightly but turned shite as the game went on. Towards the end Fred was picking his pocket with ease.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I like him and don`t understand the hate against him but he`s not developed at all at PSG.
I feel like he tries to copy Messi by taking on playmaking responsibility but is far away from the required vision and passing ability. Messi gets the ball, beats a man by dribbling and then immidiately finds the right pass. Neymar on the other hand, gets the ball, beats his man and then ... looks for the next man to beat and for the next man and so on.
Also needs to keep it simpler and quicker in transission. Slows the game unneccessarily down.
Someone said this once. Messi is so good because he beats three men and passes. Whilst most players when they do that either try to beat another man or shoot.

Loon

:lol:
Has a very high opinion of himself that he doesn't back up with the frequency of other footballing egomaniacs. A very tough person to like with an undeniably punchable face.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
Feels like his career is going to peter out at club level once Mbappe goes, don’t see where his next move is. Incredible player though
City, within a month he'll be the best player in the world, because he''ll then be ''prem proven''

:houllier::D is there a more nonsense term in football than ''prem proven'' ?