Television The Nevers

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I quite enjoyed the first episode but what says the caf? Victorian X-Men (women) meets steampunk sci-fi or something.

Last edited:

Sylar

I quite enjoyed the first episode but what says the caf. Victorian X-Men (women) meets steampunk sci-fi or something.
What is it on? Is it something to binge or weekly? "nevers' heard of it before.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Quite liked the look of it from the trailer but the reviews put me right off.
We watched the first episode of the 4 available so far and it was certainly more than good enough to carry on. I will report back as we watch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Quite liked the look of it from the trailer but the reviews put me right off.
A lot of the negative reviews I saw seemed to be focused on the fact that Joss Whedon created it. I'm not sure if that was fair negativity based on Whedon's usual shtick being tired at this point or fair negativity based on Whedon being a very unpleasant person but either way it was off-putting.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Reviews had put me off but watched the first episode last week and enjoyed it well enough.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
We watched the first episode of the 4 available so far and it was certainly more than good enough to carry on. I will report back as we watch.
Please do.
A lot of the negative reviews I saw seemed to be focused on the fact that Joss Whedon created it. I'm not sure if that was fair negativity based on Whedon's usual shtick being tired at this point or fair negativity based on Whedon being a very unpleasant person but either way it was off-putting.
I noticed a bit of that, too. One of them mentioned he's no longer involved with the show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Please do.

I noticed a bit of that, too. One of them mentioned he's no longer involved with the show.
According to Wikipedia he stepped down as showrunner in late 2020. He directed 3 of the first 5 episodes (2 x 6 episodes in the first series) so I have no idea how many of the 12 episodes got filmed before his departure.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
We've enjoyed the first five episodes. I do like being able to watch one episode per week.

Sylar

Late in the UK. 17th May on SKY Atlantic and NOW (whatever that is)
Thanks. Looks like ill have to download it or find another mean to try check it out. Looks intriguing from what ive read.

Hamnat

This is a weird series to evaluate giving your time. It's interesting so far I generally like it and want to see where it goes. But the behind the scenes stuff with Joss and his drama and stepping away from his creation in the middle is weird.

If you like it now will it falter later after the production shift? We will see.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This is a weird series to evaluate giving your time. It's interesting so far I generally like it and want to see where it goes. But the behind the scenes stuff with Joss and his drama and stepping away from his creation in the middle is weird.

If you like it now will it falter later after the production shift? We will see.
The latest episode definitely felt like one where you could tell they had some issues during production. All the talk of galanthies or whatever like we knew what they were on about but it's never been mentioned before.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The 6th episode was a huge jarring change but I think I likes it. Ask me again when the second 6 episodes of series 1 drop as this could still go either way. Well worth a watch so far.