The New Kits Thread

Sam

I'm confused, why does it say Fabric in massive letters in the corner? Is that a special feaure? The kit's made of fabric? As opposed to other kits made of errrrm, pasta?

Looks nice anyway.

RedBistro

I'm confused, why does it say Fabric in massive letters in the corner? Is that a special feaure? The kit's made of fabric? As opposed to other kits made of errrrm, pasta?

Looks nice anyway.
:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm picturing an advert for a new book, in the top corner it says "Paper".

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Looks nice anyway.
One of those cheesy marketing tools. Umbro has been the fabric of Everton 'since 1962'. Slogan - Once Everton has touched you, you're part of the fabric. So whenever someone has joined the club they are part of the fabric. In that case it's 'Fabric' since 2007 for Jagielka. I suppose it's an easy twitter hashtag too.

Sam

I was thinking the same thing. I'm picturing an advert for a new book, in the top corner it says "Paper".

One of those cheesy marketing tools. Umbro has been the fabric of Everton 'since 1962'. Slogan - Once Everton has touched you, you're part of the fabric. So whenever someone has joined the club they are part of the fabric. In that case it's 'Fabric' since 2007 for Jagielka. I suppose it's an easy twitter hashtag too.
Ah see, that makes more sense. I thought Umbro were just boasting that they made their kits from fabric. Which I thought was a strange thing to feel the need to highlight :lol:

Looks very nice though, you lot always seem to have quality kits. Your home one from last season was fantastic imo.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire

Ah see, that makes more sense. I thought Umbro were just boasting that they made their kits from fabric. Which I thought was a strange thing to feel the need to highlight :lol:

Looks very nice though, you lot always seem to have quality kits. Your home one from last season was fantastic imo.
Well didn't Nike make kits from recycled bottles recently. So maybe Umbro are boasting!

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
I thought Nike had snapped up all of Umbro teams like City and Everton?

RedBistro

They still want to keep Umbro relevant I'd imagine. No point having all their kits with Nike on them.
Umbro isn't owned by Nike anymore, it's now German (i think it's German, definely not Nike anymore anyway.)

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
They still want to keep Umbro relevant I'd imagine. No point having all their kits with Nike on them.
It's weird. I don't quite understand what Nike gain from it. But I don't understand the kitmaker industry at all - I'm just interested in the designs!

stevoc

I think it's very nice. The last few Umbro kits since Nike sold them have looked really cheap, so I was worried they'd become a new Joma type brand, but this is a big improvement. With one exception - those sleeve logos! I hate it when manufacturers do that. Lotto being the worst culprits.
Kappa have been a serial offender too over the years.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox

RedBistro

Southampton.

We could be doing a lot worse than our leaked kit for next season.

FromTheBench

That Puma Arsenal Kit looks nice. So does Everton's above.

I don't Mind the latest United Kit either as some do. Think the Problem is Golden logo on Red shirt more than anything. Other than that the kit looks fine to me. Not good but not bad either.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Tottenham don't half have some awful kits
Only one that looks bad is the 3rd kit.
The other two look okay. And, as usual, they'll look better when worn on the pitch than they do in promo pictures or pictures like that above.

Last edited:

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Great, our new kit looks like the 04-05(?) one which is also when Arsenal had a similar one to the one they have for next season. It'd be great if we could have some repeats of the games we had against them back then. Pizzagate with LvG would be quite good. Someone would be coming away from it with a broken leg, mind.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I think Tottenham's looks worse for every year. They're almost Leeds with that yellow coloring mixed in. The 2012-13 one was nice though.
AWFUL one of the worst kits ive seen for all clubs.