The New Kits Thread

Scarecrow

Having a week off

Hate to say it but it's quite lovely. They've had nice kits for a few years now.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Who the hell is that shirt manufacturer on the Tottenham kits? Not only have I not seen that logo before, it's the worst set of kits I've seen in a long while.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Who the hell is that shirt manufacturer on the Tottenham kits? Not only have I not seen that logo before, it's the worst set of kits I've seen in a long while.
Under Armour, pure shit.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Wait, so HP only sponsored Spurs kit for one season?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Tottenham kits are absolutely shocking. Worse than last seasons Liverpool kits if that's even possible.

The designs for the new Arsenal kits are nice but the skin tight shirts kill them for me. It looks so bad in my opinion.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

Hate to say it but it's quite lovely. They've had nice kits for a few years now.
It ain't bad, but what that picture isn't showing are the shorts; they got rid of the white shorts, and replaced them with sky blue to match the shirt. Not sure if the all blue looks as good.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It ain't bad, but what that picture isn't showing are the shorts; they got rid of the white shorts, and replaced them with sky blue to match the shirt. Not sure if the all blue looks as good.
Fed up of teams doing this, one colour is boring. Need a contrast on the shorts and/or socks.

Plus the FIFA rule for national teams being similar so all the traditional colourways have gone. Spain wearing all red wasn't just unsuccessful but it looked crap too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Fed up of teams doing this, one colour is boring. Need a contrast on the shorts and/or socks.

Plus the FIFA rule for national teams being similar so all the traditional colourways have gone. Spain wearing all red wasn't just unsuccessful but it looked crap too.
Whats the FIFA rule? I remember hearing the thing about Spain but Brazil still wore their usual yellow shirt, blue shorts and white socks.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Whats the FIFA rule? I remember hearing the thing about Spain but Brazil still wore their usual yellow shirt, blue shorts and white socks.
Something about only being allowed to have two colours per kit.

Brazil wore white shorts more often than they wore blue and it made no sense.

Similarly Brazil vs. Holland in the final, why did Brazil wear white shorts and socks and Holland have to wear the away kit when in the 1998 semi they both wore the normal home kits and it looked so much better.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Something about only being allowed to have two colours per kit.

Brazil wore white shorts more often than they wore blue and it made no sense.

Similarly Brazil vs. Holland in the final, why did Brazil wear white shorts and socks and Holland have to wear the away kit when in the 1998 semi they both wore the normal home kits and it looked so much better.
I hated this. And Argentina without black shorts as well. Its a stupid rule. I was glad Holland wore white shorts in the semi so I could see the Argies in their traditional colours.

Bloody FIFA.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah that had me scratching my head. Why do FIFA have to make pointless changes?! Is it always going to be that way in international football now? Brazil looked stupid in white shorts and white socks. Call me petty but I am a huge traditionalist.

Momochiru

The designs for the new Arsenal kits are nice but the skin tight shirts kill them for me. It looks so bad in my opinion.
I like the skin tight shirts. It makes the players look stronger/more athletic. Plus more eye candy for the female population is only good for the popularity of the sport. However I agree that Arsenal's shirts don't look that good, probably because the contrasting colour of the sleeves.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I like the skin tight shirts. It makes the players look stronger/more athletic. Plus more eye candy for the female population is only good for the popularity of the sport. However I agree that Arsenal's shirts don't look that good, probably because the contrasting colour of the sleeves.
Not so good for the lardboys in the crowd.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I just think they look dumb. Especially when some clubs have the skin tight shirts yet the shorts are baggy and huge.

They also look super uncomfortable for the players. Constantly see them peeling the shirts off of themselves when they're all sweaty. I'd personally hate wearing one of them on a hot day when I'm running around for 90+ minutes.

Brightonian

I can't see the second pic. But I can pretty much guarantee that he looks 'strong and athletic' in both... because he is. Whereas only the first makes him look like he's trying too hard in a slightly dated gaybar.

And again, the point of a football shirt is not to show off the wearer's physique. If the players want to do that they can go and get a modelling contract.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I like the badge. Nice kit. They now have 3 different badges on each kit this season.

It's a pretty big brand in Denmark. They don't have a lot of teams they do kits for though.
Never knew that. They probably do other sports though right? Like handball, etc.