The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Who would've guessed this scumbag was a scumbag after all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Skeleton with a skin suit supported with layers of fat, better?
Well, I just meant it applies more to...eh, maybe I should keep myself on topic.

Anyways, I try to avoid getting excited about these scumbags possibly getting their comeuppance but this Gaetz stuff seems to have legs.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
She is so incredibly mentally deficient. It’s flabbergasting.

Hollywood has benefited this state to the tune of tens billions of dollars since the early 00s, approaching a hundred billion.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Someone commented on a friend's page about the MLB decision is taking revenue away from dozens of black operated/owned businesses. Now, I'm not quite familiar with the local businesses in the Cobb County area but I certainly do not recall it being a huge black and brown residential area (Census has it 62% white, 29% black). In fact, I seem to recall that's why the Braves moved that way - a far more wealthy suburbia and to escape the former location (Fulton County) for obvious reasons.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Someone commented on a friend's page about the MLB decision is taking revenue away from dozens of black operated/owned businesses. Now, I'm not quite familiar with the local businesses in the Cobb County area but I certainly do not recall it being a huge black and brown residential area (Census has it 62% white, 29% black). In fact, I seem to recall that's why the Braves moved that way - a far more wealthy suburbia and to escape the former location (Fulton County) for obvious reasons.
You’re exactly right. Suburb area, just outside the perimeter, far closer to the epicenter of money in the Atlanta metro area. Fulton County / Turner Field were in as AA a neighborhood as you could imagine in Atlanta, plus it was a terrible location to get to from anywhere.

I was surprised Abrams criticized the move. I understand the regional selfishness that comes with losing millions of dollars of potential revenue, but also seems a little disingenuous. We would t have heard the same critique from her if the game was originally in a different city.

Worded this tweet well, though...

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Did she criticize the change? Looks like she balanced things well there.
Also for Repubs to now say the change will adversely affect AAs in GA is beyond hypocritical but then again nothing surprises me when repubs are involved.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Did she criticize the change? Looks like she balanced things well there.
Also for Repubs to now say the change will adversely affect AAs in GA is beyond hypocritical but then again nothing surprises me when repubs are involved.
She says so in the first line of the tweet, she isn’t for it.

It’s understandable why she is critical of the change, but it does smack of a bit of disingenuousness. Nothing out of ordinary for a politician, mind.

On balance, she still is quality.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I’m sure the Trump and QAnon lip reading experts will say he never said that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This should frighten every American outside of Florida...

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that there is no way a Trump is not one of the primary candidates in 24. If not Donald then probably Jr or Ivanka. If that happens then the primaries are going to be brutal for whoever is running against them since all of them have been licking his boots to get his base, DeathSantis included.