The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

decorativeed

Great choice, comparing being banned from Facebook with two people who were assassinated.

Also, I'm pretty sure the media censored MLK on a daily basis.
Worse for me is these people thinking themselves in any way comparable to those two.

Carolina Red

Staff
I said this @2cents last year but I'm serious, these people are there for the taking. They are GIVING their money away. Is it really morally bad if I want to grift them out of their delusional rightwing money?
You’re not wrong. They’ve got it coming to them.

I just can’t wait to hear stories about how FreedomPhone is now having to block apps because of pedo/domestic terror related content.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You’re not wrong. They’ve got it coming to them.

I just can’t wait to hear stories about how FreedomPhone is now having to block apps because of pedo/domestic terror related content.
If they start blocking those their users will have nothing to do on their phones but play Fortnite (which, for some "rea$$on" was also pre-installed on the phone).

Carolina Red

Staff
If they start blocking those their users will have nothing to do on their phones but play Fortnite (which, for some "rea$$on" was also pre-installed on the phone).
I’m sure they’ll have their hands full. A friend just sent me this article, which explains that the type of phone it really is is very popular in North Korea because it is easy to use it to spy on people :lol:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/tech...uK_2L3IsnvTwMZ4pKyrfX3SsqXcIp5ZfzQH-0ZutPnLNs

It also contains this Pulitzer worthy paragraph…
“The phone will come pre-loaded with apps apparently designed to appeal to supporters of former Celebrity Apprentice host Trump, with the official website showing the conservative Newsmax and One America News Network prominently on the phone.”

MarylandMUFan

not all heroes wear capes

Mixed feelings about this. I feel like the 12 Gauge Barbie is a misdirection. We complain and focus on her while state GOP leaders force voting restriction and white supremacy bills through their state legislature. I wish the media (and everyone) would ignore the nutters and solely focus on legislation that they are passing all over the country.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Mixed feelings about this. I feel like the 12 Gauge Barbie is a misdirection. We complain and focus on her while state GOP leaders force voting restriction and white supremacy bills through their state legislature. I wish the media (and everyone) would ignore the nutters and solely focus on legislation that they are passing all over the country.
I am not necessarily in disagreement, but if those two are going to keep trying to set fire to things, and if the media is going to cover it, then protesters depriving the fire of oxygen is the best alternative. Plus it keeps making them look like complete losers, so that's fun.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

thoughts and prayers. Now go say this on Tuckers show.
That cnut (and others like him) will ignore the 2nd tweet & focus on the “even after being vaccinated”.

WPMUFC

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-orban-authoritarianism-democracy-backsliding

Tucker broadcasting from Hungary for a full week :rolleyes: Not even attempting to his love of authoritarians anymore.
Carlson noted that Hungary is a small country. “So you wouldn’t think leaders in Washington would pay a lot of attention to Hungary, but they do, obsessively. By rejecting the tenets of neoliberalism, Viktor Orbán has personally offended them and enraged them.”

The host claimed, “Just a few years ago, his views would’ve seemed moderate and conventional. He believes families are more important than banks. He believes countries need borders. For saying these things out loud, Orbán has been vilified.”

Carlson referred to Orbán’s opponents as “former communists and anti-Semites,” and suggested that if Orbán loses his reelection bid in April, it may be due to meddling by the Biden administration.

No wonder they don’t want you to hear what he says. You don’t have to watch your country collapse. You don’t have to have leaders who hate the population or divide their own people against each other, who make the country worse, who open the borders, who increase crime, who encourage people to live on the sidewalk and do drugs. If there’s any lesson of talking to Victor Orban, maybe it’s that.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-...ans-authoritarian-ways-in-softball-interview/

The march towards normalising fascism continues unabated.

Mike Smalling

The host claimed, “Just a few years ago, his views would’ve seemed moderate and conventional. He believes families are more important than banks. He believes countries need borders. For saying these things out loud, Orbán has been vilified.”
That is so wildly misleading, that you almost have to laugh. Masking anti-LGBT policies as 'pro family values' might be the most infuriating right-wing tactic.

Tucker might actually be one of the most harmful people in America. I personally believe he is on a revenge mission to burn it all down, because Jon Stewart completely destroyed him live on air.

WPMUFC

Fox News host Mark Levin said Tuesday that every Republican senator who voted for the bipartisan infrastructure bill should be primaried and ousted.

19 Republicans, including Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, voted for the $1.2 trillion package.

After Sean Hannity made a comment about being on the side of liberty, Levin said, “We choose liberty, but the 19 Republicans in the Senate chose tyranny.”
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mark-le...structure-deal-need-to-go-they-chose-tyranny/

Passing legislation that a democrat proposed is now tyranny.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
MTG is Magic The Gathering, and I don't even like Magic. Marjorie Taylor Greene can be called something else. Like Q-tip.
That's an all-time great rapper, piss off! (The latter would be a good name actually.)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Apparently Marjagreen has removed Gaetz from their tour and speculation is that indictments are about to drop on Gaetz.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I read something about how GOP leaders are telling their people to “lean into” the culture war and the trolling, and the refusal to work with democrats for any reason over anything.

I remember the Tea Party shutting down the government, at that being a bad look and the republicans backing down when people blamed them. But things are more radical now than then.

Poor Republican voters are already shouting themselves in the face voting that way, the country falling apart, even under Republican leadership, will be written off as the fault of democrats with no analysis, just cherry picking and logical fallacies.

WPMUFC

The Biden administration sent hundreds of ventilators to Florida in recent days as the state responds to a dramatic new increase in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations, an official from the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed to CNN. But Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis claims he's unaware of the shipment.
A health administration official confirms the Strategic National Stockpile sent 200 ventilators and 100 high-flow nasal cannula kits to the state of Florida "earlier this week." The SNS sends equipment when it receives requests from states and their health departments, according to the official.
Despite that, DeSantis told reporters Tuesday that he was unaware of the request for the medical supplies
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/11/politics/florida-ventilators-desantis/index.html

And this is likely to be the presidential nominee if trump doesn't get it.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's the same insightful guy that has actually forbidden school teachers to wears masks, if I'm not mistaken. Certainly has the best interests of everyone at heart.
He's gone so far in on this pair of deuces hand that he has "no choice" but to play it to the end. Problem is that COVID is playing with full (unmasked) house.