The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought the Women played well the other night at least.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I have no advice, just empathy. I fecking hate that ticketmaster site.
It’s annoying alright. I’ve no idea if it means they aren’t available or is the site not working as it should

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Thought the Women played well the other night at least.
They always put in a shift. It's been interesting watching them get better. Although I have to admit without my 10 year old niece being obsessed with them I would be paying less attention.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What to do?

ederson
James - Gabriel - trippier
DeBruyne - carvalho - trossard - martinelli - Andreas
Kane - Haaland

subs
Kelleher - cucerella - undav - digne

bank: 0.2m
1 free transfer, 1 wildcard
Bench boost, free hit, triple captain available

James and digne the injuries
I mean i know you have Kelleher on the bench, GB but tenuous at best.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Can you explain this a little? What was the significance of the arm band to the player?
The armband is for the 10 people who died in a gas explosion in Creeslough County Donegal last Friday. Amber Barrett, the goalscorer, has big connections with it a tiny village, her grandparents are from there I think(?), she's.she's spent time there, knows the place and many people there. She spoke very movingly about it after the game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
10 people (including very young children) were killed in a gas explosion in the home county of the goalscorer last week. She knew some of them personally.
The armband is for the 10 people who died in a gas explosion in Creeslough County Donegal last Friday. Amber Barrett, the goalscorer, has big connections with it a tiny village, her grandparents are from there I think(?), she's.she's spent time there, knows the place and many people there. She spoke very movingly about it after the game.
Cheers guys. I did actually know about that tragic accident. Really heartbreaking. The context makes the clip above all the more beautiful.

Wish this team well in the WC. I'm always rooting for Ireland at major tournaments. Can't live in the country a couple of years and not develop an attachment to it.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I’m trying to book a family ticket for the Norway friendly on ticket master. Gives me a million options but every time it says not available

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/interna...rway-dublin-17-11-2022/event/18005D229269134A
Not sure if you got this sorted or not, but the booking system doesn't allow you to leave a single empty seat in a row. So when making your selection, you need to make sure that either the row is fully booked or that you are not leaving it so that there's a solo seat unoccupied. A proper glitch in the system that I've been on to them numerous times about because I regularly buy single tickets to games.

Reditus

Not sure if you got this sorted or not, but the booking system doesn't allow you to leave a single empty seat in a row. So when making your selection, you need to make sure that either the row is fully booked or that you are not leaving it so that there's a solo seat unoccupied. A proper glitch in the system that I've been on to them numerous times about because I regularly buy single tickets to games.
Thanks but wasn’t able to get sorted. I tried every single family option that came up on ticket master and all of them came back with same message

I promised my son and his mate I’d get tickets as they hadn’t been for a few years, so I paid through nose @€70 each. For a friendly I’d probably not even have watched on TV

Reditus

Just checked ticketmaster again now and their is a bunch of €50 tickets and child tickets that weren’t available last week. FML

Zebs

Just checked ticketmaster again now and their is a bunch of €50 tickets and child tickets that weren’t available last week. FML
Unlucky pal! Let me know if you need tickets in future, I'm a season ticket holder so get presale access to the games.

Reditus

Unlucky pal! Let me know if you need tickets in future, I'm a season ticket holder so get presale access to the games.
Appreciate that. Thanks

Zebs

The biggest squad announcement of the day sees Evan Ferguson (the Irish Erling Haaland) and Will Smallbone make the jump up from the U21s.

BerryBerryShrew

The biggest squad announcement of the day sees Evan Ferguson (the Irish Erling Haaland) and Will Smallbone make the jump up from the U21s.

Always liked the cut of Smallbone's jib. If it wasn't for that major injury (ACL?) he suffered, he'd have been a PL regular by now.

I do feel like a lot of our hopes for the future lie on Ferguson making it, especially given that Parrott hasn't quite (or at least hasn't yet) lived up to the early Spurs youth team hype. Good idea to get him in and give him some senior exposure now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Kenny is a League of Ireland manager and out of his depth at international level. The experiment had merit and was worth a go, but we're not doing much under him. I would like to see a more experienced successor with the same footballing ideas. He will remain in charge until we're knocked out of the next qualifiers though so plenty of time to source candidates.

KiD MoYeS

Kenny's in-game management leaves a lot to be desired. We go behind in so many games and struggle to create anything. Browne scored a wonder goal and we were better in possession in the second half but still never looked like scoring until we just started firing desperate crosses in. Duffy remains our best goal threat from a set piece.

Brophs

The One and Only
Kenny is a League of Ireland manager and out of his depth at international level. The experiment had merit and was worth a go, but we're not doing much under him. I would like to see a more experienced successor with the same footballing ideas. He will remain in charge until we're knocked out of the next qualifiers though so plenty of time to source candidates.
I want to believe. And the players he's blooding will be important for us in a few years. It's just not really working at the moment, though.

KiD MoYeS

I want to believe. And the players he's blooding will be important for us in a few years. It's just not really working at the moment, though.
We all want to believe. I'm a League of Ireland regular and I'm very confident it is a standard way below international level football. I do like what Kenny has done with the younger players and to also progress the style, I definitely feel the next manager will benefit from Kenny's tenure (assuming it's not a Dyche or someone of that ilk).

BerryBerryShrew

We all want to believe. I'm a League of Ireland regular and I'm very confident it is a standard way below international level football. I do like what Kenny has done with the younger players and to also progress the style, I definitely feel the next manager will benefit from Kenny's tenure (assuming it's not a Dyche or someone of that ilk).
Keep the faith lads. There's nobody better willing to take over and try to play decent football for the wages on offer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn't see it, my old man says we were shite.
I was at the game. We do keep the ball very well. Proper passing football. So different to the Irish teams I’ve grown up watching.

But we’re desperately lacking in creativity. Nobody on the pitch capable of unlocking a defence. Throw in some shoddy set piece defending and we don’t look like we’ll ever beat anyone even half decent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Let’s not forget that squad is absolutely diabolical. An all time low. Don’t think wemve ever had so few regular starters in the English top flight. And those that do start regularly are playing for crap teams, without standing out for them. So it’s not like Kenny hasn’t got a good excuse for poor results.