The next 6 games

buckooo1978

I wonder at what point in the 6 games Jose goes if we play badly

on the one hand it will be a relief to see him go and we might see a reaction from the players

on the other it's gonna be a baptism of fire for Carrick and McKenna to take charge for some of those games. that's not to say we won't get better performances/results

personally I think we will lose comfortably to Chelsea and he will go afterwards

Vadim

We will get 4 points from next 6 games. A draw against Everton and win at Bournemouth.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Nightmarish

Chelsea 4 - 1 United
United 0 - 2 Juventus
United 1 - 1 Everton
Bournemouth 1 - 3 Utd
Juventus 3 - 1 United
City 3 - 1 United

Jose gone.
Is it bad that I reckon the least likely result out of all of those is us winning 3-1 at Bournemouth? :lol:

SpaceAttacker

Liverpool just went through almost as tough a fixture list just now and but for a late stunner and a missed penalty, they would have lost all 4.

And they are the form team.

Considering how our season has gone so far, it doesn't look good. That said, I'd take a draw in every other game as long as we win against Bournemouth and Everton.

0le

I can genuinely see us losing all six games.

Last edited:

FujiVice

If we win all six, there will be a statue with Mourinho's arm around Matt Busby outside Old Trafford by the end of the year.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Chelsea v Utd
Utd v Juve
Utd v Everton
Bournemouth v Utd
Juve v Utd
City v Utd

This is scary run he way we have been playing. Last season I would have been confident of getting wins off Everton and Bournemouth and hopeful but not confident of Juve at home. Now all these are potential losses. The Newcastle result has been an anomaly and if we play like that against City Chelsea or Juve we will get hammered. Whats your thoughts?
think we might beat everton.. otherwise I agree thing look bleak

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It is indeed.

We'll probably game raise a bit and won't be as 'gung ho', so it might not be quite as embarrassing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
L
D
W
D
L
L

Didn't realise how bleak my predictions were looking, think we have a chance of getting points against either Chelsea/City if the players can pump themselves up for it like they did last season, if not we could take a beating. We could actually lose against Bournemouth, they're not scared of attacking and we're definitely scared of defending. I'm not too worried about the Juventus games, they're a brilliant team so even if we were playing our best I'd be surprised if we could beat them. We'll do Everton though.

Smores

I wonder at what point in the 6 games Jose goes if we play badly

on the one hand it will be a relief to see him go and we might see a reaction from the players

on the other it's gonna be a baptism of fire for Carrick and McKenna to take charge for some of those games. that's not to say we won't get better performances/results

personally I think we will lose comfortably to Chelsea and he will go afterwards
You think the board who decided to keep him over the international break will suddenly sack him because of a very tough Chelsea fixture?

If so our board are idiots

buckooo1978

You think the board who decided to keep him over the international break will suddenly sack him because of a very tough Chelsea fixture?

I think they were testing the water with the leak. With the way it transpired and the manner of the victory they couldn't sack him.

I think this will be a comfortable victory for Chelsea and I could see movement. He's a dead man walking as it's really really difficult to imagine him turning it around. With the run of games we have coming up it's hard to see him survive. I'd be more annoyed if the board waited until it was mathematically impossible for us to qualify for the CL.

Red00012

Seeing the next 6 games makes our bad start to the season look much worse as it shows we played nothing so far.

C'est Moi Cantona

On paper it looks like it'll be a car crash, but we'll probably pull a few results out that lot, could see three wins, two draws, and a loss, which will see Jose limp on no doubt, having said that alot will depend on how we do against Chelsea in the first game back, if they embarrass us then it'll be a mess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Normally with these sort of threads listing games, we lose the first one.
Certainly not looking forward to the results of the Chelsea, City and Juventus away games.

The home Juve game will feel like an old time big champions league game. We just need to forget that we don't have an old time side, and it's just the group stage!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That would be super bizarre.
Most would expect us to lose Chelsea and City away, it's if we get bad results in the Everton and Bournemouth games, when added to our already very shoddy start it starts to ramp that pressure back up to intolerable levels.

bondsname

This will be fun. Honestly, I'd rather lose to these sides (except City) than a bunch of shite teams. I love me some big games. I just hope the players won't crap their pants because of the pressure.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
To be fair we generally do well against the better teams. There's a severe lack of motivation amongst the players (and manager?) when it comes to lesser teams though. Didn't we have the best record v the Top 6 last year?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That would be super bizarre.
Most would expect us to lose Chelsea and City away, it's if we get bad results in the Everton and Bournemouth games, when added to our already very shoddy start it starts to ramp that pressure back up to intolerable levels.
Everton, you just don't know what you will get with them. I am really worried about Bournemouth, they will be all over us like a rash from the start and it will be taking the sting out of the game. We cannot afford any stupid mistakes. Funny thing is I am always more worried about City at our place than at theirs. Chelsea our record is just awful and that was even when we had what you would call our best teams. The CL games I do not hold out much hope at all. Then it depends on if Jose wants the Europa League or not. If it is up to him by then.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With the way juve Chelsea and city are playing - there’s no way in hell we’d beat them even if our team actually turned up like they do when they are 2 goals down.

buckooo1978

our record at Chelsea is so grim

any positivity from that last 20 mins vrs Newcastle will be erased With a bad defeat

I think a huge amount rests on this game - not sure how I'd approach it - a famous 'Mourinho tactical masterclass', which we see once in a while is required. We'd need to stop Hazard, protect that defence and counter attack well - a tall order given Lukaku's form and Jose might fire players like Fellaini and McTominay in there

would like to see a 4-2-2-2 with Matic and another watching Hazard (Ander or Fred?), Pogba and Martial supporting Lukaku and Sanchez

reckon a bad defeat will leave us in terrible shape for a confident and classy Juve side so hopefully we pull something out

IrishGlen

I don't expect anything from the Bridge or Etihad and would hope for 6 points from the other two fixtures.

Assuming Arsenal / Liverpool and Spurs / City draw but otherwise take maximum points, we could expect to see Chelsea top @ 32 points, Liverpool and City @ 30 points, Arsenal and Spurs @ 28 points.

Depending on whether we took 4 or 6 points from Everton & Bournemouth, we would have 17 / 19 points. We would be 9 / 11 points off 4th place post the Derby heading into the next international break.

I think City (A) might be the end for Mourinho as irrespective of how we play it's a results orientated business.

IrishGlen

If the above were to pan out - 9 / 11 points behind the top 4 in early November, that would surely make Josés position untenable. Yes, the board may very well wait until it's mathematically impossible however it's unprecedented. At the same stage in 15/16 - we were second and in 13/14 and 14/15 - we were eight and seventh however only 2 points off 4th place.

The United

Make or break period for Jose. Strangely, I think we will do reasonably well for those 6 games.

Morpheus 7

The club is so rotten it won't take much now I still think. Every tit thinking Newcastle was a corner turned are in for a rough ride. I have nothing against the fans urging on and helping the team win, I just don't think Jose deserves to be supported. He's shown time and time again a complete lack of respect for the players and the fans, in publicly critising most of the team and horrible approach on the pitch. United came back against a team who were 19th in the table at home. A team that haven't won and if they took there chances would have got a point. We are so bad at the back and have leaked a shocking amount of goals.

Chelsea and Juve could be an absolute nightmare. He should have been sacked by now. We could have salvaged something if the board weren't so spineless. This international window was the opportunity. It tells me that they have no plan in place. This is going to implode and they are to blame now, Ed and the Glazers have been exposed for the absolute rat's they are.

We haven't beaten Chelsea away since we won the league. If we conceded 2 against Newcastle, the other team in black and white could destroy us in CL if we aren't setup properly. He won't make it to Man City, no chance. The changes will come in when they are too late. The next manager will be in by Juve away and we might get a draw then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Might as well keep the boss for this spell as otherwise it's a thankless task for who ever takes over.

We're also buying time working out what the heck we're going to do. I hope.

Although there are a few stories dotting around about who jose wants to buy in jan! He'll do well to be here!

Web of Bissaka

Would be typical of them to beat Chelsea and then feck up the Everton and Bournemouth games.
This.
I have no problems with Mou's decisions in big games usually nor the attitude of players (except against good form Spurs).
It's the games against the midtable/small teams where Mou's selections and player's motivations can be so questionable - wtf decisions and no urgency by players.

Lam

Going to be really good or horribly bad.

8-10 points in the league and 3 in CL leaving mou firmly in control

Or

2 points in PL, 0 in CL and Mou leaving
Since we got the 3 in CL, I’m hopeful of not losing at City....leaving Mou firmly back in control

Edit: imagine if we had won at Chelsea! still not over that result

SER19

All these threads to is affirm how hysterical and mindlessly negative many posters are