The nominees for the 2021 Men's FIFPro World 11 (No Salah)

I know he's a Liverpool player but how the feck is Salah not in there :houllier:

And Dani Alves was basically retired until a few weeks ago.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Donnarumma
Alaba - Bonucci - Alba
Messi - Biscuits - Bruno - Mbappe
Ronaldo - Lewandowski - Haaland

Super sub: Big Benz​

Schneckerl

Dani Alves. Players who vote for this are in on the joke at this point.
Surprised they didn't vote for Sergio Ramos.

Jibbs

FIFA/UEFA are extremely RealBarca biased. That is why they are irrelevant.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Freddy de Jong and Busquets? No Kimmich?

Total joke these player rankings and trophies
EXACTLY my thoughts when i read this haha.

The defenders are even more of a joke as others have pointed out.
At least the keepers are a good choice.

SAFMUTD

Who even makes this lists? :lol:

After the terrible year Barca had and yet they have 4 of their players nominated? Haha what the actual feck

Busquets? Alba? Seriously? But then I saw Dani Alves hahahahaha must be a joke

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ridiculous even by their standards.

Alves picked for his performances in the Paulista, presumably.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Who even makes this lists? :lol:
Footballers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFPro#Awards
Each year since 2005, FIFPRO invited all professional men's footballers in the world to compose the best men's team of the year, named the FIFPRO World 11 (also known as the FIFPRO World XI). Every player was requested to pick one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three forwards.[14] In 2009, the world players' union joined hands with FIFA. While the format remained the same, the award name changed to the FIFA FIFPRO World 11. This became the only team award picked by all professional footballers worldwide.

Each year in September, approximately 45,000 voting ballots are sent out to professional footballers' associations that are FIFPRO members or candidate members, who are then asked to distribute the forms among all professional footballers in their countries. In October these are returned to FIFPRO'S head office. At the end of November, FIFPRO and FIFA together announce the 55-player shortlist, consisting of 5 goalkeepers, 20 defenders, 15 midfielders and 15 forwards.[15] In January the votes are counted, and the 11-man FIFA FIFPRO World 11 is revealed at The Best FIFA Football Awards (formerly the FIFA Ballon d'Or) ceremony in Zürich, Switzerland.[15]
Edit: Or from the horse's mouth - https://www.fifa.com/news/the-23-most-voted-players-for-the-2021-fifa-fifpro-mens-world-11

The shortlist isn't a list of players they can vote for decided by someone else. Voting is open and the shortlist is essentially a gradual reveal of the results. Top 55 usually get revealed but now they're also teasing out a top 23 to mimic a world's best squad for the year.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dani Alves!? What year are we in :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
No Salah and a bunch of Barca's grandads... that is the worst I've ever seen.

Cloud7

Did they mean 2011 with the inclusion of Alves? :lol: I wasn’t even aware he was still playing prior to him signing for Barcelona a couple weeks ago.

Also Lukaku:lol: