The Non-League Teams Thread - including FCUoM etc

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Went to FCUoM v Whitton Albion in the FA CUP 4th Round Qualifying on Saturday as my friend is a fan. Whitton are a legal below FCUoM however won 2-1. FCUoM were awful and finished with 8 Men after 3 sendings off:lol:. My friend thinks FCUoM will get relegated this season.
That was the 3rd qualifier mate, 4th round is drawn at midday today and is when the National league teams join in. I'm hoping for a nice easy home draw for the Bluebirds

CodeRed

Got a season ticket for United for over 12 years now. However when shitty internationals are on i tend to go a lot to national league games. Which i must admit are good entertainment.

Decentish football. Nice club house bars. Etc

Today im at Borehamwood v Maidenhead.

The pitch by the way is premier league standard. Arsenal ladies play here and at times its better than a lot of premier league clubs at winter time.

mickthered

Neil Reynolds appointed as FC United Manager

FC United of Manchester is delighted to announce that Neil Reynolds has been appointed first team manager – Reynolds joins us from Bamber Bridge and will take charge of the first team after our away trip to Kidderminster Harriers on Saturday.

We wanted a manager with managerial experience, especially one who can manage on a part-time basis and within the constraints of our playing budget. We wanted someone who has experience in coaching, and with the relevant UEFA coaching qualifications. Someone who is well connected in the non-league world and someone that is prepared to work within our current club structure. We wanted someone who can bring that something extra. We wanted someone with ambition.

We believe we have found the right person in Neil Reynolds.

Reynolds, aged 41, has been around the non-league circuit for 25 years as a player, coach, assistant manager and manager. The former Darwen, Clitheroe and Bamber Bridge midfielder served as Assistant Manager for five years under Neil Crowe at Bamber Bridge, before being promoted to first team Manager in December 2016, leading his side to NPL Cup success the following April.

In his first full season as Manager at Bamber Bridge he helped them gain promotion to the Northern Premier League via the play-offs, after finishing fourth in the league behind South Shields, Scarborough Athletic and Hyde United. This season, despite having the lowest playing budget in the league, he has only lost three league games in twelve.

Neil has a full-time job as Headmaster at South Shore Academy in Blackpool. He has a UEFA B coaching badge and puts a strong emphasis on squad fitness, using the latest technology to track progress. Above all, he’s young, hungry and ambitious. Although his task for this season is to keep us up, next season he believes FC United should be challenging for promotion to the National League.

Neil said ”I am absolutely delighted to accept the first team manager role at FC United. The opportunity to manage such a prestigious club was too good of an offer to turn down. The journey that the club has been on over the last 13 years has been incredible.

“I have watched from afar but at the same time knowing that the fans are arguably the best set I have witnessed outside of the football league. Your support cannot and will not be taken for granted. You deserve far more success starting by retaining our position in the National League North this season. I have been impressed with everything I have heard and seen behind the scenes which is a credit to everyone connected to this wonderful club. I see this as a major opportunity to put a smile back on peoples faces and ensure that I steer the club in the right direction. I am looking forward to seeing all the fans at Broadhurst Park against Brackley on 27th October.

“We are all in this together and I am certain we will enjoy the ride!!”

As a player, Neil joined North West Counties League side Darwen in 1993 before joining Football League side Plymouth Argyle in the 1994-95 season. He returned north in 1995 and spent three and a half years back at Darwen before joining Bamber Bridge in 1998.

He then moved on to Kendal Town for a short spell in 1999-00 before joining Clitheroe where he enjoyed five successful years. Whilst at Clitheroe, Neil played in both legs of the Semi-Final of the FA Vase in 2000-01 against Western League side Taunton Town. He was a key member of the Clitheroe side that lifted the North West Counties League title in 2003-04 and scored the winning goal in the closing minutes of the game at Nantwich Town to earn his side promotion to the Northern Premier League.At the age of 28, Reynolds also became player-coach at Clitheroe before finishing his playing career at Bamber Bridge.

As supporters may have read elsewhere, Reynolds signed a 3-year contract at Bamber Bridge in May 2018. We would like to put on record our sincere thanks to Bamber Bridge Chairman, Frank Doyle, who gave us permission to speak to Neil and agreed to release him from his contract for a fee that is satisfactory to both clubs.

FC United Board Member Adrian Seddon added; “I would like to thank the FC United supporters for their patience over the last six weeks. It was important that we took our time over this appointment to ensure we brought in the right man. We have been really impressed with Neil and his approach, and we’re delighted to welcome him to our football club. I’m sure our fans will give Neil a warm reception at our next home match against Brackley Town on Saturday 27th October at Broadhurst Park.”

On behalf of everyone at the club, we would also like to thank David Chadwick, Jack Doyle and Tom Conroy who have been looking after our first team affairs following the resignation of player-manager Tom Greaves at the end of August. In the nine games with Dave Chadwick as caretaker manager we have won two and drawn three. Chaddy has also taken decisive action bringing in several new and loan players to strengthen the squad.

Further details regarding the first team coaching set up will be announced in due course.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=8098

Sounds quite positive from his radio interview

https://audioboom.com/posts/7051114-introducing-fc-united-s-new-manager-neil-reynolds

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Have the wheels fell off the Salford bandwagon? 3 defeats on bounce following a hammering today against a club with at least some sort of history.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I wouldn't mind if they have.

Breaking their season down by month:

August - Played 7, 11 points
September - Played 7, 19 points
October - Played 4, 8 points
November - Played 4, 8 points
December - Played 4, 3 points

1 point in the first 3 matches then they hit fantastic form the rest of August and September. Looked like they might run away with it at that point. Stayed undefeated in October and November but drew half their games, not as impressive. Poor December so far (1 game to go).

Chipper

Adulterer.
Caught the tail end of that and saw the winner go in after switching from Rangers v Celtic.

Sounds like they battled, equalising twice and playing for so long with 10 men. I did laugh though when that goal went in.

2nd place Wrexham who beat them 5-1 on boxing day up next followed by a trip to 1st place Leyton Orient. Lose those and winning the league would be a big ask.

Steerpike

Caught the tail end of that and saw the winner go in after switching from Rangers v Celtic.

Sounds like they battled, equalising twice and playing for so long with 10 men. I did laugh though when that goal went in.

2nd place Wrexham who beat them 5-1 on boxing day up next followed by a trip to 1st place Leyton Orient. Lose those and winning the league would be a big ask.
I'm going to that game. It had looked like it would be 1st vs 2nd, but it should still be a good game anyway.

I have to say I'll be rooting for the Orient as I always enjoy going to their games (the post-match visit to the clubhouse bar that stocks about 10 real ales may have something to do with that!).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's going on at Salford? They had such a massive winning run it looked a given they were gonna boss the league to the finish.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Important victory for Salford today. Only fair to mention them when they win too, I suppose.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Another big win for Salford, 0-3 away at league leaders Leyton Orient. Means that they're just 2 points behind Leyton Orient now and move up to 2nd ahead of Wrexham who lost today.

CallyRed

Went to Orient v Salford game. Felt Salford defended very well, scored a couple of good goals from set plays. Was a professional away performance.

Steerpike

Went to Orient v Salford game. Felt Salford defended very well, scored a couple of good goals from set plays. Was a professional away performance.
I was there too, supporting Orient, so obviously disappointed. Salford looked very solid, and Orient seemed unable to defend crosses (all three goals came that way). I'm just pleased that Wrexham lost at home to Dover. It looks like being quite a battle for the National League title.

CallyRed

I was there too, supporting Orient, so obviously disappointed. Salford looked very solid, and Orient seemed unable to defend crosses (all three goals came that way). I'm just pleased that Wrexham lost at home to Dover. It looks like being quite a battle for the National League title.
Yeah definetly will be tight. Hopefully Leyton Orient can do it

redammies.club

Supports
Salford City FC
This weekend Salford only took home 1 point. Not too bad seeing Leyton and Wrexham both lost. Now just 1 point behind Leyton and Solihull.

LARulz

Also see David Beckham is now involved in Salford as well after buying in

LARulz

Lim has reduced his holding, apparently plan was to have Becks onboard from the beginning but he never had the time
Yeah that surprised me. Not that he doesn't have time but always would have thought, and still think out of all of them, he will be a silent partner type. Just go with the majority - "if Neville and Giggs think it's a good idea then that'll do". I didn't think he'd be as 'hands on' as we saw the other on the documentaries.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
FC lost 2-1 yesterday. Almost 3000 there yesterday which is incredible for a team that has only won 1 home game all season.

Some huge games coming up over the next few weeks which will decide our fate for the season

Chipper

Adulterer.
Salford have gone a bit rubbish again. 6th place now.

Lost at home to Eastleigh today, who are in good form to be fair and that makes it 3 league defeats in a row. Drew the 2 prior for 2 points out of 15. Also knocked out of the FA Trophy during this run following a replay against Maidstone who aren't very good and look to be going down. No wins in 7 in all comps for Salford.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is rooney injured? Haven't seen him in the lineup for a few now.

They seem to have melted down completely.

Still, doesn't hurt to settle at a level for a year or two after a meteroic rise

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
It's a tough league to get out of, Salford are finding this out. It took Luton a few years and Tranmere a couple while the likes of Wrexham, York, Stockport have all imploded while trying to do so with Wrexham finally making a decent challenge this year.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Salford up to 2nd now. Weird team, they seem very streaky, either in very good or very crap form. 19 points out of 21 in March.

Suppose it's the story of the league in general to an extent, like they say of the Championship any team can beat any other on their day, seems to apply to this division as well. Wrexham have absolutely shat themselves in recent weeks. Solihull, Harrogate and Fylde have been very in and out too.

Salford only one point behind Leyton Orient, but with 2 games in hand you'd have to favour Orient for the title. Anything can happen in that league though.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Salford go top with 4 games to play. Leyton Orient a point back and a game in hand on a bad mini-run (2 points from 9), Solihull right in the mix too. Wrexham and Fylde probably too far back but have an outside chance if they win all their games.

1 Salford City 42 79
2 Leyton Orient 41 78
3 Solihull Moors 42 78
4 Wrexham 42 75
5 Fylde 41 72

Only the champs are automatically promoted, everyone else (2nd place down to 7th) has to settle for the playoffs.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Salford go top with 4 games to play. Leyton Orient a point back and a game in hand on a bad mini-run (2 points from 9), Solihull right in the mix too. Wrexham and Fylde probably too far back but have an outside chance if they win all their games.

1 Salford City 42 79
2 Leyton Orient 41 78
3 Solihull Moors 42 78
4 Wrexham 42 75
5 Fylde 41 72

Only the champs are automatically promoted, everyone else (2nd place down to 7th) has to settle for the playoffs.
Orient won their game in hand last night so back top