Music The official Grime/UK Rap thread!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Just released a track with Skepta but hasn't released much for a while. Hope to see something new from him soon as he is my favourite artist.

He is in an upcoming movie too.

MoneyMay

Cheers for the tag. Hadn't seen this. Naughty Boy is a snake though still, the industry is fecked and I just hope it doesn't lead to Mic retiring like he mentioned before. Artists like Mic need to be independent, it might not make them all the money but he'll never fit into a record label or their plans.

Is there any date for his album? Hoping this means he starts releasing stuff quick. He says he got a song with Nas, I want to hear that.

Zayn from One Direction to collaborating with Mic, what a change.
No official date for his album.

Have you seen his TrendSetter on P110? He mentions the Nas track on there, too. Also explains why we have seen so little of Mic since the release of Open Mic. He was on such a high in 2013. It's annoying that he's not released more music in the last year - you can really feel the frustration in "Gone". The exposure he's received in the last couple of days is well-earned and will help him in the long run.

What's Devlin doing nowadays? Used to love his older stuff.
I don't care for Devlin any more. He's weak now. If you have the time, listen to The Art Of Rolling. That's assuming you haven't listened to it - apologies if you have. His best project for me. His lyricism, flow, passion, emotion, and hunger make the project stand out. He had some very good guest features from Ghetts for instance, but there was never a point where you could say he was outclassed. Just listen to the first four tracks, incredible ffs:

MoneyMay

New Bugzy Malone. Average.

Edit - Also had this released a couple of weeks ago (which was nothing special):

Dante

Average bang

New Bugzy Malone. Average.

Edit - Also had this released a couple of weeks ago (which was nothing special):

Those are some of the most unimaginative lyrics I've heard in ages. It'd be more exciting if he started rapping about his taxes.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So they're not as grime as some others in this thread anymore but Krept and Konan's new album is really good, even though I preferred their first. That's not a sleight by the way, I loved that first album. Great to see them getting recognition in America last year at the B.E.Ts and that has led to a few collabs with some Wiz and Rick Ross and a few others.

Also Sway's new album Deliverance is supposed to drop end of July. Although it's been about 5 years in the works so we'll see if it actually comes out. Now Sway definitely isn't grime but he is UK rap.

His early stuff was amazing, funny and great beats. In very different taste to probably any other guy in this thread and not as talented as most of them either, but he's fun to listen to. Or at least he was fun to listen to.

Baxter

The track's been up for a while but just heard a few tracks on his new release. Give it a full listen tomorrow.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
So they're not as grime as some others in this thread anymore but Krept and Konan's new album is really good, even though I preferred their first. That's not a sleight by the way, I loved that first album. Great to see them getting recognition in America last year at the B.E.Ts and that has led to a few collabs with some Wiz and Rick Ross and a few others.

Also Sway's new album Deliverance is supposed to drop end of July. Although it's been about 5 years in the works so we'll see if it actually comes out. Now Sway definitely isn't grime but he is UK rap.

His early stuff was amazing, funny and great beats. In very different taste to probably any other guy in this thread and not as talented as most of them either, but he's fun to listen to. Or at least he was fun to listen to.
Krept and Konan album was trash.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Krept and Konan album was trash.
I haven't listened to it since that post so I guess that says something about it.

Still not as bad as SwayS album though. That was real trash.

Classical Mechanic

Bugzy Malone's album 7th in midweek charts, M.E.N is one of the best grime tracks I've heard for a while.
Got this album recently. His wiki reckons that the album's chart position is an all time high for an artist on an independent label. It is a really decent album. It will be interesting to see what his next move is. He does get a little bit repetitive with his lyrical themes but seems to have a lot of upside.

Santos J

Yeah Cadet is good, got a good buzz around him at the minute, about time he got some recognition.

Nines' and Tef's new tapes are both good, worth listening to. MoStack has something new dropping soon I think too.

Last edited:

Bugzy

So they take shots at my ego
But I got a built in stab proof vest
I've been stabbed in the back so much
I feel like Jesus in the Passion of Christ
I was sat countin about 25 grand
I got delusional
The Queen started talkin
I was like "Queen, Why is everyone warin?"
She said "Politics are borin"
Cus its all propaganda
I'm runnin in through the hallway
Holdin a big boy sword like a Viking
But I never been from Norway
Anybody comes at me
I stick it right in
Cus I don't do foreplay
I make a man bleed sick
So he looks like Tomato Puree
:drool:

Santos J

Bugzy gets boring fast, talking the same stuff every video.

Bugzy

They like my pictures on IG but I know them pagan no like me :cool:

Real Recognise Real and I don't know you.

Bars like these make me love grime/rap

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Never did I think I'd see Cadet and them being discussed on here.

Cadet's whole buzz is being created by @Mrexposed off Twitter, Cadet is dope and it helps he has friends like that pushing him

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

AJ Tracey is a top 5 younger, very cold flow.

There's quite a few mildly interesting youngers putting in a ton of radio work at the moment to be honest, the problem with Grime is that it takes an age for anything to manifest into actual projects/songs and by the time they do you've heard the bars/beat a hundred times on sets already.