Music The official Grime/UK Rap thread!

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Gave a listen to Skepta - Blacklisted, best grime album I've listened to so far. He's so much better than Stormzy, music is funny.

Mo Stack's mixtape/album is excellent too, so wavey and even eclipses Hus' Common Sense imo. The best project this year so far imo.

Im a Chipmunk fan (I have never seen someone write such excellent diss tracks), but think his new album League of My own is going to be dead, Settings sounds decent but more of the same crap probably.

Santos J

Mover's new tape is good, think it's been taken down by iTunes/Spotify etc now though so dunno if there's still a download. Full thing on youtube though.

saivet

How are people feeling about Wamp 2 Dem? I'm loving it.

Only listened to it one time but like Wretch's album, though probably prefer last year's one.

MoneyMay

I'm one of those who thinks that D Double E is an average MC, but I've grown to appreciate him more in the last year or so.

Santos J

Adz is always hit or miss with tunes for me but feeling this one

Corleone is still shit though

Dante

Average bang
I don't pretend to be an expert on this genre, but that sounds awful to my ears.

The Bugzy Malone Spitfire on page 1 is still the best thing in this thread, imo.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

The thing I love about grime is how real it is. What is it with the 50p charge when I use card?old news, i know.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He got killed as a passenger in a freakin' taxi, which is the scary part. It just shows how fragile life is.

OL29

Anyone following the Wiley/ Stormzy beef?

I think Stormzy just ended it in the first round but people will complain he rapped on a drill beat but I don’t think that’s important. I expect Wiley to release a reply quickly but after his first pathetic attempt, I don’t expect much. Should be interesting.

RedTiger

Half mast
Anyone following the Wiley/ Stormzy beef?

I think Stormzy just ended it in the first round but people will complain he rapped on a drill beat but I don’t think that’s important. I expect Wiley to release a reply quickly but after his first pathetic attempt, I don’t expect much. Should be interesting.
I'm following all the beef right now, dot has got everyone fired up. Stormzys diss was on point as well.

ZupZup

Stormzy deserves much credit for hitting back with a response including video so fast whilst touring and doing various events.

To be honest, I have a feeling they are both in each other's DM's laughing about it all... but it's good for the scene and their own promo.

OL29

I'm following all the beef right now, dot has got everyone fired up. Stormzys diss was on point as well.
Yeah I think Grime needed this mini-revival, I hope Wiley doesn’t disappoint (no pun intended) with his response as it’s obvious Stormzy has more in the tank. I don’t even really understand how it started, I saw Wiley going at Dot Rotten on Twitter, then going back and forth with Stormzey, I didn’t really expect it to descend into chaos. Reminds me of back in the day when Chip used to war with the whole industry.

saivet

Yeah I think Grime needed this mini-revival, I hope Wiley doesn’t disappoint (no pun intended) with his response as it’s obvious Stormzy has more in the tank. I don’t even really understand how it started, I saw Wiley going at Dot Rotten on Twitter, then going back and forth with Stormzey, I didn’t really expect it to descend into chaos. Reminds me of back in the day when Chip used to war with the whole industry.
Wiley has a bit of a screw loose. He's gone at loads of artists on his twitter and instagram. A legend but clearly a bitter one, maybe as he paved the way for guys like Stormzy but was never earning the amount of £££ some of the younger artists are and can make now.

RedTiger

Half mast
Wiley has a bit of a screw loose. He's gone at loads of artists on his twitter and instagram. A legend but clearly a bitter one, maybe as he paved the way for guys like Stormzy but was never earning the amount of £££ some of the younger artists are and can make now.
His own fault for snorting up all his royalties.

Sara125

Anyone seen this? Big big kudos to him. It’s not easy to be open and unapologetically gay in a genre where the predominant audience don’t take to homosexuality too well.

Andy_Cole

Anyone seen this? Big big kudos to him. It’s not easy to be open and unapologetically gay in a genre where the predominant audience don’t take to homosexuality too well.
Perfect timing considering how big the genre is getting in the UK outside the usual audience. Could even become huge because of this.