The Official Manchester United Podcast: 4 new episodes added with Ji-Sung Park, Phil Jones, Tim Howard & John O'Shea!

Craig Ward

Shame we wasted him never building a decent team. Disgraceful by all hierarchy involved. A complete waste.

Let's hope they don't do the same to Bruno and Rashford. If Bruno is left as our only creative player like Pogba was the struggle will come as you can't rely on one man to make virtually every single chance.
Shame? I disagree.

He's had 3 seasons to prove he's a world class midfielder and we're still waiting for him to show he's a good one.

The word disgrace is right, but your blaming the wrong people. A persons own professional performance comes down to themselves. Pogba has not performed to the best of his ability and that's his fault, not Ed Woodward or anyone else

laughtersassassin

Shame? I disagree.

He's had 3 seasons to prove he's a world class midfielder and we're still waiting for him to show he's a good one.

The word disgrace is right, but your blaming the wrong people. A persons own professional performance comes down to themselves. Pogba has not performed to the best of his ability and that's his fault, not Ed Woodward or anyone else
Nah.

If he hasn't shown he is a good one I fear for what all our other players are.

pascell

Shame we wasted him never building a decent team. Disgraceful by all hierarchy involved. A complete waste.

Let's hope they don't do the same to Bruno and Rashford. If Bruno is left as our only creative player like Pogba was the struggle will come as you can't rely on one man to make virtually every single chance.
I fully believe this is the biggest reason he wants to leave because when we signed him, we reassured him we'd build a world class squad that will challenge for major honours and we haven't. You can't blame him, we've been diabolical in the market since he arrived until Ole last summer.

laughtersassassin

I fully believe this is the biggest reason he wants to leave because when we signed him, we reassured him we'd build a world class squad that will challenge for major honours and we haven't. You can't blame him, we've been diabolical in the market since he arrived until Ole last summer.
I think he wants to leave for a few reasons. All valid. A few partly his doing due to his agent but mostly unfair all in all.

One he is overly criticised even when our best player. Which he has been loads. A good performance for everyone else in our team is a shite performance for Pogba. If we lose it is always his fault regardless of how he played.

He was jeered last game of last season despite being better than the rest by a mile. Ashley young had his name sung for feck sake. All he was was passionate but crap hahah.

Two a large portion of our fans hate him. And have actively driven him from the club. A large portion love him too but hate is always louder.

Three even those who hate him must admit he is too good for a team coming sixth. That's on the United hierarchy. They should have signed better player, had a better plan. We can all agree on that.

Even if you hate Pogba thee years where wasted by those running the club not one individual cause one player doesn't make a team.

GiddyUp

I think he wants to leave for a few reasons. All valid. A few partly his doing due to his agent but mostly unfair all in all.

One he is overly criticised even when our best player. Which he has been loads. A good performance for everyone else in our team is a shite performance for Pogba. If we lose it is always his fault regardless of how he played.

He was jeered last game of last season despite being better than the rest by a mile. Ashley young had his name sung for feck sake. All he was was passionate but crap hahah.

Two a large portion of our fans hate him. And have actively driven him from the club. A large portion love him too but hate is always louder.

Three even those who hate him must admit he is too good for a team coming sixth. That's on the United hierarchy. They should have signed better player, had a better plan. We can all agree on that.
Even if you hate Pogba thee years where wasted by those running the club not one individual cause one player doesn't make a team.
You are right, let's blame absolutely everyone and everything except for Paul Pogba.

RedDevilUnited369

Shame? I disagree.

But...but he had his best season ever last season.

How can you not perform to the best of your ability but perform better than you ever have in your life?

You see how missing the basic facts can impair your opinion?

laughtersassassin

You are right, let's blame absolutely everyone and everything except for Paul Pogba.
Blame for what. Im stating the likely reasons he wants to leave.

He hasn't been perfect here but no one in his time here has and for me he has been the best out of all that played for us in the period since he joined.

You don't agree and that's fine. In my opinion it is unfair to criticise him for his football performances before criticising the others who in my opinion where worse.

Yet he gets the most flack despite being better... Notice how other footballers defend him too. Deeney Rice just recently. All say it's unfair and he is class. I agree. You don't have too.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Guys can I kindly request that you don't clog up this thread with speculation about Pogba himself? Just trying to keep this thread specifcially about the podcast episodes, cheers.

TheReligion

Abusive
Guys can I kindly request that you don't clog up this thread with speculation about Pogba himself? Just trying to keep this thread specifcially about the podcast episodes, cheers.
You were playing with fire with this one VD.. scenes when he signs a new contract!

laughtersassassin

This goes with the podcast nicely. Note all the nice things our lads have to say about him. Very contrary to those on here.

laughtersassassin

To be honest I have been thinking about it more and more the last wee while, I think he will stay as well. It will be interesting to see how his situation develops over the next few months.
Hopefully cause let's be honest there is no guarantee if he goes that we will spend any extra this summer. And if he does go we will need Sanch and someone like Grealish.

If he stays we just need Sancho in term of filling the creative roles.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Think this is the actual video.
How anybody can watch that and still think he has a virus personality?

It's clear he's very calm and laid back with a sensible head on him. You could say perhaps he's been given poor guidance by his brothers and his agent but Paul himself clearly does love the club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This goes with the podcast nicely. Note all the nice things our lads have to say about him. Very contrary to those on here.
Mad that Danny Webber is nearing 40. I watched him play against Jersey FC in an U-21 friendly around 1998 when I was on holiday and he was a class apart.

Rolaholic

It's clear he's very calm and laid back with a sensible head on him. You could say perhaps he's been given poor guidance by his brothers and his agent but Paul himself clearly does love the club.
Very easy to believe that he's a Machievliellian pantomime villain set out to sabotage the club from the inside if you're the type to buy into tabloid/click bait gossip without second thought and form your opinion in large part off of whatever narratives pundits are spinning up at the moment for views

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Decided to post the video so people could make their own views as I saw a post above summarise it as ‘typical ambiguous self-centred nonsense with no commitment to United at all’. Perhaps there’s a part of the video missing; or it was meant in jest.

RyRy11

surprise surprise another thread turned into a Pogba bickering contest

United Hobbit

Thanks for these I'm wfh so these will be good to listen to I'm listening to the one with Ole currently

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast and came away thinking Pogba isn’t as big of a nob as he is portrayed in the media and amongst some fans.

When asked what he wanted to win and he said FA Cup - I did think that this was his last season because he would obviously say league but not possible this season. That’s me reading into everything though.

Vault Dweller

Thanks for these I'm wfh so these will be good to listen to I'm listening to the one with Ole currently
You're welcome mate, I'm the same so podcasts are helping pass the day. The Ole one is good and some of the ex players ones are really good, Like Pallister and Cantona's. I like hearing stories and perspectives from the players.

Now I've got a device I can work on I will be uploading the United podcasts every week when they drop so look out for them if you enjoy them.

Thoroughly enjoyed the podcast and came away thinking Pogba isn’t as big of a nob as he is portrayed in the media and amongst some fans.

When asked what he wanted to win and he said FA Cup - I did think that this was his last season because he would obviously say league but not possible this season. That’s me reading into everything though.
I thought he came across well too. And I understand what you mean about the FA cup thing but as I said earlier in the thread, I'm feeling more and more that he is going to stay.

Marcus Rashford & Paul Scholes

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/122734672

The twenty-fourth episode with Marcus Rashford & Paul Scholes. This podcast was done by dialling up Man Utd's past and present in Marcus Rashford and Paul Scholes for a 'working from home' episode this week.They were challenged to build a draft United 5 a-side team each, and also had to build a combined top 5 goals list from their own strikes. Enjoy!

United Hobbit

The Rashford & Scholes one was really entertaining, Scholes keeping trying to have Ryan Giggs in his team when he wasnt allowed him :lol:

I'm currently listening to Darren Fletcher's one he speaks really well and I'm finding him interesting to listen to

Would love if they could do one with Sir Alex if his health allows it he would be so interesting

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/122734672

The twenty-fourth episode with Marcus Rashford & Paul Scholes. This podcast was done by dialling up Man Utd's past and present in Marcus Rashford and Paul Scholes for a 'working from home' episode this week.They were challenged to build a draft United 5 a-side team each, and also had to build a combined top 5 goals list from their own strikes. Enjoy!
Thought it was a bit strange to spend time on doing 5-a-side teams and discussing goals the listener can't readily watch. Not a lot of insight here to be honest. A few laughs though to be fair.
I generally think Rashford comes across really well so was looking forward to it.

Scott McTominay & Jesse Lingard

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/126771832

The twenty-fifth episode with Scott McTominay and Jesse Lingard. Another remote podcast this week, in which Scott and Jesse have to build an ultimate United Academy XI. Pogba, Charlton, Beckham, Giggs, Best and Rashford to choose from. There might have been some awkward phone calls after this! The players also give their insight on the route from the academy to the first team and their experiences.

jackal&hyde

I love these! They really give you some insight in to the people behind the media bs image that is created.

Vault Dweller

I love these! They really give you some insight in to the people behind the media bs image that is created.
Yeah I like listening to them and hearing the guys speak. Some of the young guys speak excellently and eloquently, and I love hearing the players views on making it in the first team and what they think of certain things.

Scott speaks so well for such a young lad
He's mint, but being Scottish I might just be biased :D