The Official Manchester United Podcast: 4 new episodes added with Ji-Sung Park, Phil Jones, Tim Howard & John O'Shea!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
https://podcasts.apple.com/gh/podcast/the-official-manchester-united-podcast/id1484940574

Has anyone listened to the new official podcast from United?
Each episode, the presenters Sam Homewood and Helen Evans and ex-player David May sit down and interview an ex-United player. So far on the podcast there has been Darren Fletcher, Dimitar Berbatov and 2 episodes with Bryan Robson.

I have been catching up on them as there has only been four episodes so far, but I found them great to listen to, very insightful and great hear player's points of view and experiences. Fletcher comes across as extremely knowledgeable and very grounded, Berba is the coolest person around and Robbo is a total legend. Listening to stories about the Cliff, the Boss, how teammates got on and their personal views on a wide range of topics.

I have posted the Apple podcast link but the podcast is available in most platforms like Spotify, Audioboom and Deezer.

Hope you guys enjoy like I did :)

Alfie092

Thanks! Wasn't aware of the new official Manchester United podcast.

Will give it a listen now, starting with the Darren Fletcher podcast! :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Will check this out, love hearing the old stories from players - I assume they will have to tone down the really juicy stuff since it's the official pod though, doubt they'll be having Keano on anytime soon!

Vault Dweller

Will check this out, love hearing the old stories from players - I assume they will have to tone down the really juicy stuff since it's the official pod though, doubt they'll be having Keano on anytime soon!
It’s good to listen to for sure, hearing Robbo tell stories about the Cliff and so on was great.

See I thought that they might tone down a lot, but in the Fletcher podcast they outright ask him about the MUTV incident and his relationship with Keane and Fletcher gave an honest answer. I think they may have been given a bit more freedom to ask stuff that could be juicier as you say, and they might try and keep the answers as good as a possible from a United POV, nonetheless fascinating listening in my opinion.

SqueakyWeasel

Just listened to the Darren Fletcher one (guilty pleasure) and never ceased to be amazed at the sense he speaks.

Will definitely listen to the others when I have time.

Feel a bit guilty also as I haven't tuned in for a dose of United Hour PodCast much this season - must fix that!

Vault Dweller

Just listened to the Darren Fletcher one (guilty pleasure) and never ceased to be amazed at the sense he speaks.

Will definitely listen to the others when I have time.

Feel a bit guilty also as I haven't tuned in for a dose of United Hour PodCast much this season - must fix that!
Yea I love Fletch, he makes brilliant points and speaks so so well.

If you enjoyed it so far I advise to keep listening man. Some brilliant stories to hear.

Haha get on it mate! :D

Vault Dweller

Have updated the thread with all the episodes and the links if anyone cares to listen to them. I'll update every time a new episode comes out too.

Peter Schmeichel

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/101546062

The nineteenth episode with the Great Dane, Peter Schmeichel. He talks about his explosive bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson which almost cost the legendary goalkeeper his job. He also opened up about his regret at leaving Manchester United immediately after the success of the Treble in 1999 and why going on to play for rivals Manchester City didn't work out the way he'd planned. Alex Bruce also features on the episode, with him and his dad having lived next door to Pete back in the day.

Diogo Dalot

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/104453732

The twentieth episode with Diogo Dalot. Diogo discusses his desire to fight for his spot in the team, his frank assessment of VAR and the game against PSG last season in the Champions League. Also spoke of his first goal, and his first impression after seeing Old Trafford. Surprise appearance by a fan favourite too!

Norman Whiteside

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/111255072

The twenty-first episode with Norman Whiteside. Norman recalls tales with Bryan Robson & Paul McGrath, discusses his incredible rise to fame at the age of 17. He also speaks candidly about his feelings around George Best comparisons and how he coped with his Old Trafford career being cut short by injuries.

Paul Pogba

Vault Dweller

https://www.deezer.com/en/episode/118884702

The twenty-third episode with Paul Pogba. The World Cup winning midfielder talks about his journey to Old Trafford, leaving for Juventus, and how his mother predicted his return to Manchester United. He reveals how legendary team mates Paul Scholes and Andrea Pirlo were the best teachers in his career so far and opens up about his ambitions for the future.

Got a feeling that, whether you like the guy or not, most of you will want to listen to this one.

laughtersassassin

Juve/Real have a real star on their hands when they pony up the asking price
Shame we wasted him never building a decent team. Disgraceful by all hierarchy involved. A complete waste.

Let's hope they don't do the same to Bruno and Rashford. If Bruno is left as our only creative player like Pogba was the struggle will come as you can't rely on one man to make virtually every single chance.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Shame we wasted him never building a decent team. Disgraceful by all hierarchy involved. A complete waste.

Let's hope they don't do the same to Bruno and Rashford. If Bruno is left as our only creative player like Pogba was the struggle will come as you can't rely on one man to make virtually every single chance.
Absolutely