Music The official punk/post-punk/new wave thread

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Really digging the new Onsind LP. Their acoustic stuff doesn't do it for me, but as a full band, they are great fun:
https://onsind.bandcamp.com/album/we-wilt-we-bloom

The new Less Art LP is great too. Not quite straight-ahead punk, has a late 90's moody emo/post-hc groove to it. Guys from Thrice and Kowloon Walled City, among others:
https://friendshipsl.bandcamp.com/releases

the latest Propagandhi LP is probably my record of the year. So damn good. Pumped to see them in April.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Really enjoying Black Marble's "It's Immaterial" album. It's post-punky, synthy, dream poppy goodness

Skip the first/intro track if you're giving it a quick listen.

onemanarmy

MC5(0) coming to Belgium in July. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of their debut record. :eek: Awesome.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Last two minutes are some of my favourite two minutes of everything.

Numan was great back then (could be today as well, haven't yet checked rest of his discography).

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I can't believe it was five years ago that I made this thread.

I've found a new band recently, Human Tetris. A Russian post-punk band, I really like them

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
MC5(0) coming to Belgium in July. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of their debut record. :eek: Awesome.
Did you end up going?

It's coming to the UK in October, not sure if I'll go. It's pretty expensive. Plus 3 of the 5 are dead. It's just Wayne Kramer & Friends, though it is friends from Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Fugazi, so it's not a lineup to be scoffed at, but it's still not really MC5.

onemanarmy

Did you end up going?

It's coming to the UK in October, not sure if I'll go. It's pretty expensive. Plus 3 of the 5 are dead. It's just Wayne Kramer & Friends, though it is friends from Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and Fugazi, so it's not a lineup to be scoffed at, but it's still not really MC5.
Yep. It was ok-ish. I've seen Wayne Kramer with DKT/MC5 back in 2004, that was a lot better though.

Dead Kennedy's also played on that same festival (Sjock fest). I liked their show more, although no Biafra is no Kennedy's. Still, hearing them play the "hits" was pretty awesome.

Highlights of the weekend: the bronx, descendents, the mummies and the dwarves (best show of them I've seen, have seen them about 8 times)
Biggest disappointment: turbonegro. One of my all time favorites, but it's a completely different band nowadays. Their new music stinks.

LoSpritz

Here's my contribution.. bit poppy compared to most of the stuff on here, but it is gloomy and atmospheric just the same :)

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Another newer Russian post-punk band I heard for the first time a couple of months ago, called Ploho. I haven't listened to them as much a Human Tetris (mostly because I forgot about them until recently) but they're good

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm still into Protomartyr.

EDIT: And IDLES.

Last edited:

onemanarmy

Tonight I'm going to see Suicidal Tendencies, The Living End, Bad Religion and Turbonegro on a small festival, 10 minutes from my home. Yesterday some other bands performed and the PA failed due to immense rainfall. Hopefully all sorted out.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Tonight I'm going to see Suicidal Tendencies, The Living End, Bad Religion and Turbonegro on a small festival, 10 minutes from my home. Yesterday some other bands performed and the PA failed due to immense rainfall. Hopefully all sorted out.
Man, The Living End are a bucketlist band for me. They rarely come to the UK anymore unless it's a festival. The one time they did, it was right in the middle of me relocating the length of the country. Destined to never see them. The first two LPs are some of my all time favourites.

onemanarmy

Man, The Living End are a bucketlist band for me. They rarely come to the UK anymore unless it's a festival. The one time they did, it was right in the middle of me relocating the length of the country. Destined to never see them. The first two LPs are some of my all time favourites.
I've seen them once, back in 2001 I think. Can't remember a thing from the gig, but I've always liked them.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I've been listening to A Flock of Seagulls' first two albums a bit over the last couple of days, I like them. So, so 80s (obviously).

LoSpritz

Thank you for these latest videos, just the tonic after that loss. Especially love Heavy Wave <3

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I've just been just listening to Descendents' Hypercaffium Spazzinate fully for the first time. I think I downloaded it when it came out a couple of years ago but never got round to listening to it. It's great! I like it a lot.

Some favourites

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've just been just listening to Descendents' Hypercaffium Spazzinate fully for the first time. I think I downloaded it when it came out a couple of years ago but never got round to listening to it. It's great! I like it a lot.

Some favourites

Didn't care for this album when it first came out, but it seriously grew on me. There's some major cheeseball lyrics, but it's a great listen. Some joyous melodies throughout.

Definitely better than Cool To Be You, at least. That album was a bit disappointing, bar 2 or 3 songs.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I'm reeeeally liking INVSN. They're a Swedish post-punk band featuring Dennis Lyxzen from Refused. Just heard about them tonight, but the two English albums I've heard I really like, especially the self-titled one.

:drool:

Didn't care for this album when it first came out, but it seriously grew on me. There's some major cheeseball lyrics, but it's a great listen. Some joyous melodies throughout.

Definitely better than Cool To Be You, at least. That album was a bit disappointing, bar 2 or 3 songs.
Yeah some of the lyrics are a bit cheesy for sure :lol:

I really wish there was another Milo Goes To College out there :(

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
This album is great. For some reason I hadn't listened to it before last night, despite having (and really liking) TSOL's other earlier albums.

This is my fav song of theirs overall I reckon, it's so good :drool:

onemanarmy

This album is great. For some reason I hadn't listened to it before last night, despite having (and really liking) TSOL's other earlier albums.

This is my fav song of theirs overall I reckon, it's so good :drool:

Great band. Saw them with Flag (the black flag reunion) and adolescents in Amsterdam once. Real fun.