Music The official punk/post-punk/new wave thread

onemanarmy

Damn, another one bites the dust. Chi Pig, founder of legendary Canadian punk band SNFU, dies at 57. He had a long history with drug abuse, so it doesn't come as a big surprise, still sad to hear. One of the most colorful men in the scene.

Morpheus 7

Damn, another one bites the dust. Chi Pig, founder of legendary Canadian punk band SNFU, dies at 57. He had a long history with drug abuse, so it doesn't come as a big surprise, still sad to hear. One of the most colorful men in the scene.

Cheers for this recommendation man

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This is a band called Blackbird Suite who I came across like 15 years ago as an edgy teen first getting into punk and determined to find as many obscure bands as I could to own the mainstream sheep. Recalled them out of the blue today and they're as good as I remember. They also have a whopping 7 Spotify listeners so would probably appreciate one or two more- they're a decent listen.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Does this count as punk?

I really like The Motorleague, but no activity for a while, so I'm afraid they have wrapped things up before releasing their fourth album, with this song on it.

Rats on Rafts can also be good, although they tend to get a little too quirky or kinda psychedelic a bit too often for me.

onemanarmy

Quite sad The Thermals broke up last year. Never saw them live, and they played couple of times in Belgium. Hope there's a reunion coming soon, one of my favorite bands of the last couple of years.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Looks like The Vandals haven't been mentioned yet in this thread, so this is the right time of year to bring up their awesome 1996 Christmas album - featuring global smash hit Oi To The World, the all-time classic Christmas Time For My Penis, and even some more serious songs like I Don't Believe In Santa Claus (the best Subhumans song not by the Subhumans), My First Xmas (As a Woman), and Hang Myself from the Tree. (No, seriously: they actually discuss real issues! Well, in their own way, but still.)

So, without further ado:

(And yes, I really do love this album!)

Irwin99

Puts on Beavis and Butthead voice: "Middle class suburban America"