The online civil war in our fanbase

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve noticed this for a while but the euros seemed to amplify it. There seems to be 2 sides who all love/hate the same players

Bruno FC / Ole In
Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay

Pogba FC / Ole out
Pogba, Martial, Fred, van de Beek, Bailly

has anyone else noticed this? Twitter is infested with it. I literally saw “United fans” wishing the worst for players like Bruno & Maguire at the euros, of course with the obligatory Pogba profile pic. What’s weird to me is they all parrot the exact same opinions as each other, particularly the Pogba side, they all hate Rashford & Bruno, they all think Maguire is a fridge & Shaw is fat, Bailly & Telles are better etc. If someone reps Pogba you can guarantee they love Martial and think Rashford/Bruno are shit. The other side are slightly less toxic but still unbearable, particularly with scrutinising every move Paul Pogba makes & making deluded claims about McTominay’s ceiling.

cyberman

I think you're on very shakey ground starting this thread with your overly negative history on here

Zen86

I don't subscribe to any "side" in particular. Unlike all those foreign fans!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It's mainly deadbeat Liverpool fans pretending to be United fans most of the time.

Or that city fan MikeLUHG. :D so many taken in by him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So we are now making up camps and narratives? :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I always find myself on the opposite side to OP

Red Star One

Sorry but it’s pure bullshit and some of you seem to have to much time on their hands to come up with such abstract theories

Raw

Always found that most of the LUHG accounts on twitter despise Ole and wish Mourinho was back. I try to avoid football twitter as much as I can though, it's a cesspit.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Always found that most of the LUHG accounts on twitter despise Ole and wish Mourinho was back. I try to avoid football twitter as much as I can though, it's a cesspit.
LUHG fans don’t even like Fergie. “He enabled the glazers” Ignore them clowns.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
OP really has zero self awareness huh

El Jefe

Its nowhere near as dramatic as the OP makes it seem but there are big differences of opinion re Ole and Rashford mainly and Bruno to a lesser degree within the fan base. From purely anecdotal observations, the fans that are Ole in tend to be big supporters of Rashford and Bruno and vice versa with Ole out.

The other players mentioned have nothing to do with it. Putting Shaw on a 'side' when he's loved by all fans for the most part is a bit silly as is having Fred and Bailly who are generally not rated by a large section of fans.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Majority of football fans think they know way more about the game than they really do. I can't tell you how many times I've heard how England would have won the Euros if only they had selected 'this team......'

OleBoiii

Bruno FC / Ole In
Bruno, Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay

Pogba FC / Ole out
Pogba, Martial, Fred, van de Beek, Bailly
If this is true, then it goes to show that the Ole In group is more sensible. How on earth can people not rate Bruno, Maguire and Shaw?!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This. Twitter is insane enough when it comes to discussing stuff that isn’t inherently tribal. Don’t know how anyone can get into discussing/reading about football on there. Pure madness.
When it comes to comments, Twitter is designed for hot takes and trolling not discussions.

Acole9

Outstanding
Our online fan base are angels compared to England fans.

Raw

When it comes to comments, Twitter is designed for hot takes and trolling not discussions.
Definitely. Don't even bother reading the replies of any tweet by a club. It's always a mix of rival fans baiting for attention, own fans begging to announce signings and Messi/Ronaldo trolling.

Skills

Snitch
Shaw in the Ole in group is a bit of a funny call?

Pretty sure he was last summer's liability to Ole's title winning grand plan and the first 10 pages of his thread are people relieved that Telles will feck him out of the team?

OleBoiii

To expand on the theory:

Ole Out = Trump supporters(the ones that stormed the capital), Confederate soldiers, voted for Brexit and likes pineapple on pizza.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
How does rating Pogba mean that you're Ole out. Don't the 2 of them get on very well? Pogba has done well under Ole for most of Ole's tenure.

Best thing to do on Twitter is follow the good sources / posters and then mute the idiots like Mike LUHG, "RantsnBants" and that Jonny guy - all just doing it for attention (and it works!).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
MikeLUHG is currently ranting about rashford being praised rather than having effigies of him burned ala Beckham. Redissue are abusing those who redecorated the Rashford mural. I wish I was joking.

chiz2kul

I... I dont understand this post.
Just like I dont understand the gatekeeping by some on here. "you're not a true United supporter if you dont support England"