Television The Orville (FOX)

OneUnited24

Such an amazing episode. Hands down the best episode of the entire series. It’s a little bittersweet as I really feel they have hit their stride this season but it’s looking like the show will be coming to an end after this season :(

Next weeks promo has a last ever episode vibe

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Been on holiday so just caught up. The last 3 episodes have been fantastic.

I am hearing there is a decent chance of a Season 4 too so fingers crossed.

No spoilers but the budget must show it has all the backing possible.

parkthebuslads

I thought the finale was pretty poor. I'm not a fan of their character focused episodes, the cast isn't anything special (particularly Seth "one pursed lips expression" macfarlane) and the characters are mostly pretty unremarkable too. And the fact they seem intent on trying to sell the doctor being in love with a toaster isn't the best either.

The Cat

Seemed an ending that suggests it cant finish there hopefully there will be a new series with many episodes of battle with the new coalition.

Amir

I thought the finale was pretty poor. I'm not a fan of their character focused episodes, the cast isn't anything special (particularly Seth "one pursed lips expression" macfarlane) and the characters are mostly pretty unremarkable too. And the fact they seem intent on trying to sell the doctor being in love with a toaster isn't the best either.
Agreed. Despite the episodes being so long this season, they've managed to make them interesting enough - but the finale just wasn't 80-minute worth.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
At least the finale actually had laughs. Something sorely missing from the rest of the season; if this is the last ever episode, I’m fine with that. While I enjoyed the subjects explored I felt like is was occupying a space that is done far better by Strange New Worlds, and what made Orville great was the ‘Star Trek with laughs’ aspect for me. When it started taking itself far too seriously it lost some of its charm in my opinion.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Been on holiday so just caught up. The last 3 episodes have been fantastic.

I am hearing there is a decent chance of a Season 4 too so fingers crossed.

No spoilers but the budget must show it has all the backing possible.
I have read the opposite, apparently all of the cast have been released from their contracts and are on other projects. A Ted TV series for MacFarlane, apparently, as though the world needs that.

The Cat

I have read the opposite, apparently all of the cast have been released from their contracts and are on other projects. A Ted TV series for MacFarlane, apparently, as though the world needs that.
Ah damn.

It was shaping up to be a good story for the next series and the finale if that is the end is a very weak way to go out.

The Hilton

The Orville has been one of my favourite shows in years, a much better Star Trek than any of the modern Star Trek shows, including SNW, in my opinion.

I'll be very sad if its gone, but grateful that it existed in the first place.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Overall the season was great. Didnt really enjoy the finale (except Bortus who is for me the funniest character of the bunch), but i'm in the camp of "that was the last ever episode". Enjoyed the series as a whole and shame to see it go if true

dinostar77

Halfway through season 2. Enjoying this show. Touches on subjects star trek wont go anywhere near. The bigotry and prejudice of moclan culture is interesting. They end up being some of the more thought provoking epsiodes.

dinostar77

Up to episode 7 of season 3. What a show. Wow. Best "star trek" since TNG and DS9.

Really deserves another season or two.