The Overlap Live: An Audience With Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher & Roy Keane

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Kelly Cates and Josh Denzel host Jamie Carragher, Roy Keane and Gary Neville for an entertaining 45 minutes. at the Manchester Apollo.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Enjoyed that.

Keano keano chants were a bit annoying

OmarUnited4ever

Really good show, they (Neville, Keane & the 3rd one) developed a good chemistry and the hosts are fun, Kelly & Josh.

poleglass red

Keane is a legend, so quick with his humour. "worse teams have won the champions league than Utd" then looks at Carragher, class.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Why do they have David Silva instead of Eden Hazard in there premier league teams?.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Felt it could of been a bit longer. Feel they need more topical in their questions.

Some good bits and the Valencia gift quip was ace.

macheda14

These 3 do love the sound of their own voice, it must be said.
I mean they’re being paid to sit on a stage in front of a good amount of fans who want to hear them speak. Beyond that they are paid pundits. If there’s one industry where you want people to speak up, it might be that.

SambaBoy

Thought they were all trying to be too funny at the start. Every serious comment was followed by one of the other two trying to tell a joke. Was more like a comedy set.

Got better towards the end with serious discussions (with the odd well timed joke).

Back To Madeira

Haven't watched this but hearing/seeing Gary 'when I was manager of Valencia' Neville is really starting to bring my piss to a boil. I'm even able to tolerate Carragher more at the moment, which is saying a lot.

I know he can be self deprecating when talking about his time in Spain but I feel he's done it so many times on Sky now that the well has run dry. He's going to dine out on this terrible decision that was always going to end in disaster for years to come. So yes, not quite dead to me yet, but I would like to see him get twatted by a stray football.

Glorio

Haven't watched this but hearing/seeing Gary 'when I was manager of Valencia' Neville is really starting to bring my piss to a boil. I'm even able to tolerate Carragher more at the moment, which is saying a lot.

I know he can be self deprecating when talking about his time in Spain but I feel he's done it so many times on Sky now that the well has run dry. He's going to dine out on this terrible decision that was always going to end in disaster for years to come. So yes, not quite dead to me yet, but I would like to see him get twatted by a stray football.
Well if you did watch it, you'd know he didn't bring it up himself, and if anything he was embarrassed by the topic when it was brought up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean they’re being paid to sit on a stage in front of a good amount of fans who want to hear them speak. Beyond that they are paid pundits. If there’s one industry where you want people to speak up, it might be that.
Aye, and considering a thousand or so people paid money to hear them talk, it would be odd if they didn't... Well, talk.

lex talionis

After his unwavering support for Ole long after it was obvious the wheels had long fallen off, Neville’s credibility as a commentator is virtually nonexistent.

United legend though.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah outrageous isn't it?. I bet you would struggle to name me 2 things Silva did better than Hazard.
Apart from consistently being a better player than Hazard you mean? Hazard’s comparable to someone like Sadio Mane not Silva.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes he was, i dont ever remember a time when Silva was the best player in the premier league like Hazard.
You didn't watch the league then. David Silva was renouned as one of the greatest in PL history let alone the league at the time. And thats from a United fan.

Funnily enough Athletic released a top 60 players in the PL of all time post led by a collection of well respected sports journalists. David Silva ranked 12th.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Apart from consistently being a better player than Hazard you mean? Hazard’s comparable to someone like Sadio Mane not Silva.
I didn't think you could name me two things.
How was he consistently better than Hazard when Hazard beats on him nearly every stat possible despite playing in the Premier league 1 less season before he left.
Hazard scored more goals than him, created more chances, had more take ons, better dribbling completion rate, won more pens, scored more goals VS the top 6, had more MOTM, Was a more decisive player,
Hazard was having such a huge influence on games he was being man marked in some games.
Even Hazard performances in the world cup in 2018 was better than any international tournament i have seen Silva in.
Hazard last season at Chelsea he was involved in 49% ofChelsea goals playing with players like Morata, Pedro, Willian, Giroud, Higuain and Barkley. When did Silva do that?.
Lets not forget when Hazard got 16G and 15A, first player to do that since Thierry Henry.

But Silva was consistently better! apparently.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Christ were their 11s best in prem history as some people claim on twitter? If so, there is no fecking way Nev picked Alisson with a straight face. If they couldnt pick Utd players then Cech? Seaman?

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
You didn't watch the league then. David Silva was renouned as one of the greatest in PL history let alone the league at the time. And thats from a United fan.

Funnily enough Athletic released a top 60 players in the PL of all time post led by a collection of well respected sports journalists. David Silva ranked 12th.
I never said Silva wasn't a quality player, just Hazard was better than him.
Yes i did, Silva gets portrayed like he never had a bad game, Hazard got portrayed as inconsistent.
Yet Hazard beats him on so many stats as my post above highlights.
Its funny because Hazard also got criticised for not scoring enough goals etc. Yet David Silva never did. Yet Hazard scored alot more and did it in much bigger games than Silva in less talented teams too.
Silva when playing as a no.10 in some seasons he was scoring around 4 premier league goals, But never got criticised.
Silva must have a free pass.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I never said Silva wasn't a quality player, just Hazard was better than him.
Yes i did, Silva gets portrayed like he never had a bad game, Hazard got portrayed as inconsistent.
Yet Hazard beats him on so many stats as my post above highlights.
Its funny because Hazard also got criticised for not scoring enough goals etc. Yet David Silva never did. Yet Hazard scored alot more and did it in much bigger games than Silva in less talented teams too.
Silva when playing as a no.10 in some seasons he was scoring around 4 premier league goals, But never got criticised.
Silva must have a free pass.
No player has a free pass. Silva was seen as a bigger PL hit than hazard, and its widely accepted as such, to the extent hes named among the greatest ever.

His impact is not boiled down to just assists or goals, rather, being the heartbeat of various title winning sides under different managers.

Gazza

Christ were their 11s best in prem history as some people claim on twitter? If so, there is no fecking way Nev picked Alisson with a straight face. If they couldnt pick Utd players then Cech? Seaman?
He did namecheck all three tbf. A little recency bias and a need to include some Liverpool players for balance, I'm sure.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Thought they were all trying to be too funny at the start. Every serious comment was followed by one of the other two trying to tell a joke. Was more like a comedy set.

Got better towards the end with serious discussions (with the odd well timed joke).
I actually turned off after 10-15 minutes due to this. Got on my tits after a while.

Dan

It was better when they just had a few fans in from each team.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why does Ty get invited to these? once is OK but he's a laughing stock amongst Arsenal fans. They can't be so desperate for views, they already have Neville and Carragher.
He probably won't be invited back. He can't seem to control himself as soon as Arsenal are brought up.