The Overlap Live: An Audience With Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher & Roy Keane

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's not the first time he's been on one of these.
I feel like he was worse on this one. You can hear him from about 50 minutes in shouting whilst he's not even supposed to be saying anything.

Lee565

No keane with his funny dry wit makes this a miss for me, carragher's voice gives ya headache after a while and neville is a bs merchant

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Did they record that in a train station ? That background noise is so annoying.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He just doesn’t have the ability to accept an opinion about Arsenal that differs to his own.
It really pisses me off that people like him become a voice for a club. We are both lucky that Paul and Baz are such great speakers and talk sense when it comes to Everton and Liverpool. I couldn’t imagine being an Arsenal supporter and having the AFTV mob being the people who get invited to do this stuff.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It really pisses me off that people like him become a voice for a club. We are both lucky that Paul and Baz are such great speakers and talk sense when it comes to Everton and Liverpool. I couldn’t imagine being an Arsenal supporter and having the AFTV mob being the people who get invited to do this stuff.
They're so well known that they're kind of an obvious choice now, but Ty shouldn't be doing it imo.

Paul, Baz, Adam, Howson, Sophie and a few others are well known.

Remember the geese

I'm only half way through it and was enjoying it, until they started talking about Arsenal. I wish they stopped inviting Ty along. He is intolerable and it ruins what is generally an enjoyable watch.

dubplate warrior

As someone who works with children who have special needs, Ty is almost definitely somewhere on the spectrum. Also pretty sure they edited the clip at 48:30. Should really avoid inviting him, it's painful for everybody and embarrassing for himself.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I always enjoy the Everton chap who comes on these.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I always enjoy the Everton chap who comes on these.
Yep, one of the few that actually makes sense and knows his stuff when it comes to the team and the club. A lot of the others don't really know much when it comes to the club which is worrying when they become the mouthpiece for the fans. It's fine if you just know about the team and not about the background things but don't accept an invitation without doing your research first as it makes you look daft and it's a bit embarassing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As someone who works with children who have special needs, Ty is almost definitely somewhere on the spectrum. Also pretty sure they edited the clip at 48:30. Should really avoid inviting him, it's painful for everybody and embarrassing for himself.
He might be but if anything them bringing him in works great, more people watch just to see Ty as stupid as it sounds.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Didn't seem so in that clip. Just looked kind of normal, which isn't a bad thing, was just surprised at the comment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's the type of football fan who is incapable of having a conversation about football with fans of other clubs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I really don't think they need to Ty for views. It's not AFTV.
Honestly if I were an Arsenal fan Id be really annoyed seeing him. The channel and obviously Skysports are now big enough to see fans almost as ambassadors for the general fanbase, and he is just a complete tit. It just reflects badly on arsenal fans really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's the type of football fan who is incapable of having a conversation about football with fans of other clubs.
I don't think he's capable of having a conversation at all. He just shouts out shite and doesn't care about debating.

Kaos

Ty clearly has a screw loose. It was funny having him on at first, but it was clear he's outstayed his welcome, Carragher and Neville looked increasingly irritated with him, as did pretty much everyone else, the Arsenal fans included. I wouldn't be surprised if thats his last appearance.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Honestly if I were an Arsenal fan Id be really annoyed seeing him. The channel and obviously Skysports are now big enough to see fans almost as ambassadors for the general fanbase, and he is just a complete tit. It just reflects badly on arsenal fans really.
The trick with anything Arsenal related is that you don't use them to bring in views from Arsenal fans. It's the opposing fans that you want to bring in. So it doesn't matter if Arsenal fan gets embarrassed when the other teams' fans from all over Europe come to laugh at them.

I really don't think they need to Ty for views. It's not AFTV.
Would be an interesting experiment. The Overlap needs to show Ty in the thumbnail debating with Gary to see how much views it can generate.

FujiVice

Jamie Carragher fecking hates Ty. As he should. Total derailing muppet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you won a trophy though? :lol:

We had the invincibles and won the league in Manchester.

I always think the former is a bit cringeworthy as they lost in 3 cups, but the latter one is just pathetic.
Who cares where you won the league? It's a sheer fixtures computer lottery having a game away at a certain team around the time you could possibly win a title.
Let alone when it happened, what, 20 or so years back now?!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The brutally honest truth is Ty is quite high on the spectrum and shouldn't be exposed like this. It's actually not fair on him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's the only one with any sort of decent knowledge from all these fan channels and debates.
Not really. The Liverpool and Everton fan are the best and know their clubs inside and out. So do Mckola and Howson tbf to them most of the time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Same. Then there's the bit where he randomly pipes up with: 'Tell us about how good David Beckham was, Gary'.
Think that was the result of a conversation they had beforehand. On the paddock channel they wanted to see if they could shoehorn a reference to Beckham in there somewhere.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
that city fan’s a complete wet wipe, at least Ty’s a character
Agreed about the City fan, he never stops talking.
I cringe when he starts chatting away because i know it will last for 20 minutes. I find myself drifting away when he chats and looking at my phone.
TY is on the spectrum in my opinion.