The Overlap Live Fan Debate

Gazza

Excellent, I was just thinking about how much I missed Rab C Nesbit.

I hope they did the decent thing and handed out a complimentary battered Mars Bar and can o’ Special Brew to everyone in the audience.

Just watching the intro you can see McCoist is clearly pissed already.
:lol:

Edwards6

I saw that :lol:

Yeah Howson and McKola are insufferable. I actually respect Howson more than McKola though. That guy has zero talent. Like, who the feck is he? He just sulks about making crap jokes in his annoying Brummy accent.

The issue with that lot on Paddock is that they think they’re far more important than they actually are. It’s gone to their heads being on YouTube and hanging out with Rio Ferdinand.

I think the fan channel stuff has peaked now and it’s over saturated. There are millions of Utd fan tv channels now. Paddock’s content is really shit these days too - their daily news segment is literally shite rumours they read in the Daily Mirror.

And when Steve ‘Pep’ Howson starts taking tactics with actual professional footballers, I have hide behind my sofa as I can’t help but get really embarrassed for him. You can tell that the likes of Andy Cole and Vidic think that’s he’s a bit of a tit.
Seems like you watch a lot of the Stretford paddock content for someone that hates it so much

Mr. Robot

Seems like you watch a lot of the Stretford paddock content for someone that hates it so much
I don't hate anyone or anything (apart from probably Donald Trump, Thatcher and Boris Johnson). But I have consumed enough Paddock to realise that it started out being pretty good to another Utd Stand type platform which relies on cheap clicks and Manscaped advertisement breaks.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I don't hate anyone or anything (apart from probably Donald Trump, Thatcher and Boris Johnson). But I have consumed enough Paddock to realise that it started out being pretty good to another Utd Stand type platform which relies on cheap clicks and Manscaped advertisement breaks.
I enjoy watching their post match reviews and Paddock Podcasts on Mondays as they're quite insightful. I quickly realised their daily news updates weren't worth watching as they consist of transfer stories which the Paddock lot instantly dismiss as nonsense most of the time. You might perceive them as cheap clicks, but ultimately that's how they get thousands of views, and it's not that difficult to work out which videos are best avoiding.

Regarding the advertisement breaks, you can just skip forward by 2 mins as soon as they segway into Manscaped adverts. Not that big of a deal.

Mr. Robot

I enjoy watching their post match reviews and Paddock Podcasts on Mondays as they're quite insightful. I quickly realised their daily news updates weren't worth watching as they consist of transfer stories which the Paddock lot instantly dismiss as nonsense most of the time. You might perceive them as cheap clicks, but ultimately that's how they get thousands of views, and it's not that difficult to work out which videos are best avoiding.

Regarding the advertisement breaks, you can just skip forward by 2 mins as soon as they segway into Manscaped adverts. Not that big of a deal.
I've got YouTube Premium and loathe having advertisements in videos when I'm already forking out £20 per month. With that said, the Paddock lads have to earn a living and good on them for securing a partnership with various companies. Doesn't mean I have to like it and I wasn't making a "big deal" out of that exactly - the original point another poster and I were making is about McKola. He's an insufferable cnut but thankfully, isn't on the channel much these days.

Jesus Joe and other Joe are great though and it's my go-to source of entertainment on matchdays if I can't watch the match.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I've got YouTube Premium and loathe having advertisements in videos when I'm already forking out £20 per month. With that said, the Paddock lads have to earn a living and good on them for securing a partnership with various companies. Doesn't mean I have to like it and I wasn't making a "big deal" out of that exactly - the original point another poster and I were making is about McKola. He's an insufferable cnut but thankfully, isn't on the channel much these days.

Jesus Joe and other Joe are great though and it's my go-to source of entertainment on matchdays if I can't watch the match.
Now that is something we can both agree on! Vertical Joe, Horizontal Joe and Jay are the magic trio. When United were proper shit last season, those 3 struck up some amusing conversations which helped take my mind off the terrible results.

Mr. Robot

Now that is something we can both agree on! Vertical Joe, Horizontal Joe and Jay are the magic trio. When United were proper shit last season, those 3 struck up some amusing conversations which helped take my mind off the terrible results.
Haha yes! You can tell they’re good fellas away from the camera too.

That’s the thing too, they don’t lose their heads when we drop points. One thing I cannot stand with the modern day fan is how they lose their shit after every single dropped point.

AFTV is a good example of over emotional fans. They’re Arteta in, Arteta Out, shake it all about.

Tottenham Fan TV is very good too, very nice lads on there. So is Toffee TV - really likeable, down to earth fellas.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Haha yes! You can tell they’re good fellas away from the camera too.

That’s the thing too, they don’t lose their heads when we drop points. One thing I cannot stand with the modern day fan is how they lose their shit after every single dropped point.

AFTV is a good example of over emotional fans. They’re Arteta in, Arteta Out, shake it all about.

Tottenham Fan TV is very good too, very nice lads on there. So is Toffee TV - really likeable, down to earth fellas.
100%. Whenever they get Andy Tate on camera I have to mute/skip over his bit as he's too emotional. He'll be shouting away when we're 1-0 down at half time like the world is ending. I get it - he's a passionate fan but it doesn't make for great content unless you're a rival fan.

Whereas with.Joe and Jay you can tell they care about United but they stay level-headed. And as you alluded to, they seem like the type of guys who you'd want to go for a beer with.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Overlap is pumping out content.

The West Ham fan. :lol:

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Neville spot on with the Forest fan. Ends don’t always justify the means.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Neville spot on with the Forest fan. Ends don’t always justify the means.
Their argument is rubbish anyway regarding having to spend money to stay up and buy so many players. Said it when they got promoted but they always bring up this excuse. It's poor forward planning to enter a transfer window needing to buy so many players.