Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Biscuit1871

apparently. Probably isn't but some sort of news regarding next gen consoles must be coming in the not too distant future, surely?

mexos

Academy player
That controller is the ugliest I've ever seen

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
They forgot the start button.

Member 5225

What about the circuits (on the main machine aswell as the controllers) where do they go then?!

Biscuit1871

What about the circuits (on the main machine aswell as the controllers) where do they go then?!
on the controller, I assume in the two black bits. I doubt there'd be much circuitry.

Hold on, why the feck am I trying to solve the logistical issues with a clearly fake mock up. :lol:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
In fairness the console looks amazing, the controller looks wank.

Number7

Ret's Slave
So will the next gen of consoles use 3D technology?

I'm not too fused on the whole 'movement sensor' Wii and Project natal or whatever it's called.

buckooo1978

In theory i wonder if the PS4 or new consoles be that size

havent google tried to promote computer systems where the user can log on remotely with all their files, programmes etc stored on google servers

if the consoles embraced ideas like these - where users download games to playstation servers - couldnt it be possible with the basic hardware requirements

it would make sense as it would probably seriously deter software pirates (ar-ar) or modding of consoles

or am i talking balls

WeasteDevil

There probably will be a move towards the use of the "cloud", yes.

What surprises me more is that they have not farmed off the connection fees to the network and subsidised the hardware more, similar to how mobile phone companies do it. You sign a fixed access contract and get the hardware for free.

PS4 in any case IMO will be a PS3 with a larger Cell and a larger GPU with more memory and bandwidth, you simply double or triple the size of what is already there, and by the time comes around, the CPU and GPU of the PS3 will be 33% of the size it was when the PS3 was first launched.

XBox, I really wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think its time for the new console thing to end for a few years, upgrades would be cheaper for the respective companies and for the consumer.