Other The podcast thread

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Listening to Gossipmonger with Joe Wilkinson this morning and struggling not to crack up on the train when they do the weird song. Basically people send in random gossip from their lives/local area.
This is so, so funny. The space worm tale is a thing of beauty.

I think they've moved on to a new platform for the latest season and are no longer on Spotify, so I haven't got around to listening to it yet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is so, so funny. The space worm tale is a thing of beauty.

I think they've moved on to a new platform for the latest season and are no longer on Spotify, so I haven't got around to listening to it yet.
Oh really?! Need to find it again. Probably my favourite podcast ever.

jungledrums

I know Sam Harris is a divisive figure on here, but I’m surprised the Making Sense Podcast hasn’t been mentioned yet. Thanks to @Pogue Mahone for opening my eyes to this one.

Have to agree with those that recommended Athletico Mince too — it’s good fun.

Amarsdd

Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe's Lockdown Parenting Hell is great fun esp. with guests you know are on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
PG Vogt is leaving Reply All but not sure if it's permanent. Their current series prompted a previous employee to do a Twitter thread detailing how the exact same thing happened at Gimlet and how PJ and Sruthi didn't support/actively blocked their attempt to unionise.

All seems a bit sad. The best episodes are when PJ and Alex are telling each other stories and it's one of the few podcasts I can listen to with just two people chatting. Feels like listening to friends, and I don't think PJ is a bad guy.

cyberman

Anybody listening to Cautionary Tales podcast by Tim Harford? Its absolutely fascinating. Ep 1 is about a super tanker that took a run turn and the get-there-itis that engulfed the captain when easier options with limited delay presented themselves.
Highly recommended.