The positive thread

laughtersassassin

My positives would be we have a great squad. Though if we spend the entire year with Ole id imagine 1 or two top players might not want to be here anymore.

I'd be quite confident of a good season next year if we changed manager now/soon.

Last edited:

Hammondo

Utd are 2 wins away from being in the mix. Wins against Atalanta and Liverpool would put Utd in a good position in the league and ECL group. Infact, if Utd get results against the big boys in the next few months they could be close to the top of the table (hopium).

Rashford is back which is great for Ole's prefered counter attacking style.

Pogba's haircut is hilarious.

I lost 2 kilos last week.
Losing 2kg in a week is unhealthy, how did you do it?

croadyman

My positives would be we have a great squad. Though if we spend the entire year with Ole is imagine 1 or two top players night not want to be here anymore.

I'd be quite confident of a good season next year if we changed manager now/soon.
Finally someone highlighted something that gets a bit lost in Ole's biggest supporters on here

DreadnoughtRS88

The positive at the moment is that we have a strong, deep squad that should be challenging for top honours with the addition of one or two midfielders and a right back. It's also a versatile squad in the sense that it allows us to play multiple styles and formations. Then, it's a young squad as well that can play together for years to come. Whoever comes after Ole can mould the squad according to their preferences. In other words, we don't need a complete overhaul as we did a few years ago.

big rons sovereign

Can we take the ole out shit to one of many many ole out threads please.
This is the positivity thread.
Thanks.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yeah, my first time was a nil nil against spurs back in 1985. It didn't stop me. Luckily the next time was a Jesper Olsen hattrick.
That's when everybody and their dog was a Liverpool fan. A legion of cretins.
Nothings changed.

I was gonna go on deepdale for the cup game next week, but I can't be arsed being in that close proximity to so many inbred vermin tbh.
Mine was a 1-0 win v Hull City in the Rumbelows Cup in 1987 with McClair scoring. Yep, my brother and dad supported Liverpool as well, the East Yorkshire gloryhunters.

Zen86

Rashford does my head in most of the time but I do enjoy watching him all the same. He's fantastic when he's on song. I'm glad he's back.

OleBoiii

No but did expect to show he could actually instil a style of play into this team but clearly not
Of course he has a style. It's just not working as well as it could/should.

He insists on playing a front 3 with few defensive responsibilities. He's played that way since his Molde days and he wont change that now. This puts a heavy load on his midfield, which they haven't been able to deal with(apart from Bruno). You could of course criticise him for not spending more on central midfielders, but he had to fix the defence and attack as well. And we essentially wasted a whole summer(and thus a whole season) in 2020 by not signing a single starter. Had we spent that money on an actual starter or two, then his rebuild would have been 100% done by now.

Can we take the ole out shit to one of many many ole out threads please.
This is the positivity thread.
Thanks.
I think this is the 3rd or 4th positivity thread I've seen in the last year or so. Based on empirical evidence: you're asking too much :p

The Irish Connection

Our young players! Greenwood is special. I hope a few of the current under 23 group can push into the first team squad soon.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Greenwood. Love the guy. It's scary to think how good he could be in the next 3 or 4 years. I mean, he's great now to be fair, but he's obviously inconsistent as you would expect. But give him time and I think he's going to be one of the best around. He just has it all for an attacker.

Also, we really do have a great squad of talented players. Looking at our squads over the years since Fergie retired, and we're in much better shape now. In the next few years, we will have a front three of Rashford, Greenwood, and Sancho who will all hopefully be in their prime. That's exciting.

big rons sovereign

Of course he has a style. It's just not working as well as it could/should.

He insists on playing a front 3 with few defensive responsibilities. He's played that way since his Molde days and he wont change that now. This puts a heavy load on his midfield, which they haven't been able to deal with(apart from Bruno). You could of course criticise him for not spending more on central midfielders, but he had to fix the defence and attack as well. And we essentially wasted a whole summer(and thus a whole season) in 2020 by not signing a single starter. Had we spent that money on an actual starter or two, then his rebuild would have been 100% done by now.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th positivity thread I've seen in the last year or so. Based on empirical evidence: you're asking too much :p
:(

Dr. StrangeHate

We've just one short year to wait until we can reminisce about our last league win being a decade ago.
Not even the most pessimistic of supporters would have predicted that we won't even compete for a title for a decade.

largelyworried

In the long term I still think our trajectory continues to be upwards. By next year I think we're right back in the hunt. I don't feel like I did under Jose when it went wrong - looking at a team containing Smalling, Jones, Young, Valencia, Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini, Sanchez and wondering just how long it would take to get us back on track. There's work to do, but one good transfer window puts us in a title challenge, two good windows gives us a near complete team. If we do that thing we're not mentioning in this thread.

lenny_1248

1. United have a great squad.
2. United have a great manager.
3. We are going to win FA Cup and CL, finish 3rd in EPL.

Lynty

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I'm positive about the strength of our squad if we give it to the right man.
It's still half negativity.

"We have a strong squad" is positive. Everyone gets the unsaid part as well.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Losing 2kg in a week is unhealthy, how did you do it?
It was a choice between beer and food. Food lost.

Really my wife is an amazing cook so I just knocked back all her meals and ate muesli.

gfive

1. Greenwood is doing great this season
  2. We've got some exciting young attackers in Amad and Elanga waiting in the wings
  3. De Gea in good form
  4. Rashford back from injury with a well taken goal

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
my mam said if I have nothing positive to say then dont say it.............so.....

wolvored

I've read that they are finally getting around to modernising the south stand (Charlton stand). No increase yet, but that will be 'looked into' for the near future. Only positive thing I can think of.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Football no longer has a bearing on my mood. Losing games no longer makes me unhappy.
You start to become numb to it when it’s much more of a distinct possibility. I stopped caring as much post Fergie but the crash with Ole is pretty real. I had a renewed hope we’d found something after LVG and then the players stopped playing for Jose and it’s starting to feel the same for Ole. If the players can’t see and accept they aren’t working nearly hard enough and losing the majority of their 50/50s then they are in the wrong job full stop. It shouldn’t need a shit hot manager to tell you that you need to earn the right to walk around a football pitch. You don’t saunter onto the pitch and proceed to lose every battle and then blame the manager or the tactics. That’s as much on the players as the manager. The selection sucks and he won’t drop certain players that are just going through the motions, that’s totally on the manager.

studs

What's the difference between a redcafe member and a battery? A battery has a positive side.

SAFMUTD

De Gea seems to be back at his best, he's been impressive this start of the season making world-class saves.

YikesSchmeics

I still feel that in 2 or 3 years, our front 3 of Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho is going to be top class.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It could be way worse , we could be Arsenal celebrating players jumping in the crowd after last second equaliser against Palace at home.
:lol: I did say in the PL gameweek thread - we're shit, but we're still not Arsenal level shit.