The positivity after losing 2-0 to our title winning rivals...

rio's upper lip

"it was a decent enough performance"

"Can't fault the effort"

"Played really well"

"It's okay to lose a game like this"

"Still least we weren't embarrassed"

"Great performance from the lads"

"Brilliant fight to overcome those intense periods."

"We showed great spirit, a proper derby game."

"And us? We’re not that bad."

"Great fight shown by players"

"I can't say I am terribly disappointed overall"

"gave a really good account of ourselves in the end"

"2-0 is ok I guess"

"Good game"

Now THIS I agree with:

"Ole and a lot of United fans will be thrilled by that result. Because we showed fight, or character or some other shite you say to counsel losers."

How the standards have slipped. Putting up with this absolute shite will pave our way into potential decades of mediocrity.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Think Saha just said "Overall this is a good day for United" on MUTV. Webber: "All the boys did really well." Of course the bolded word is the key, I know.

Expected us to get absolutely hammered so we did better than I expected (or Pool was worse than I expected), but that's mainly because of the state of our squad.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We rode our luck at times, but we also played very well when in control of the game and were a little unlucky not to get a draw.

Yeah, you can say thats standards slipping, but thats the expectation of the current status of the team and the squad we could put out.

Paul_Scholes18

Lots of people are negative and some are positive. Good with a mix.
There was some good things in the performance, but the bigger picture is a massive worry.
Our attack now without Rashford look very poor.

Our overall management of the squad is terrible right now. Both from Ole and from those above him.

There is still a good fighting spirit around, but that is not enough. We need more than that.

Pissed about the result though and everyone should be. If you are not I wonder what kind of supporter you are.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
At the end of the day it's still a loss to a rival.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How the standards have slipped. Putting up with this absolute shite will pave our way into potential decades of mediocrity.
Analysis and criticism has to be relative to the context.

Are you in some kind of delusional denial?

The club isn't firing right now.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Maybe if some of you lots didn't spend the entirety of days leading up to this game endlessly claiming that we'll get hammered, your fake and surprised outrage might have registered.

I simply don't get the logic in people expecting us to lose, moan about that before the game then pretend to be surprised later so they can justify further moaning.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
another pointless thread.
These lots are just relentless. They want everyone to spent their times being miserable and pointlessly scream and stay outraged over some result most of us expected.

It's a bad result and the performances isn't what we would have liked. We've acknowledged that. Do we need to perpetually keep moaning about it every post we make?

OverratedOpinion

"it was a decent enough performance"

"Can't fault the effort"

"Played really well"

"It's okay to lose a game like this"

"Still least we weren't embarrassed"

"Great performance from the lads"

"Brilliant fight to overcome those intense periods."

"We showed great spirit, a proper derby game."

"And us? We’re not that bad."

"Great fight shown by players"

"I can't say I am terribly disappointed overall"

"gave a really good account of ourselves in the end"

"2-0 is ok I guess"

"Good game"

Now THIS I agree with:

"Ole and a lot of United fans will be thrilled by that result. Because we showed fight, or character or some other shite you say to counsel losers."

Take a breath mate.

We have done well in big games generally, we went away to the champions of Europe with our best players unavailable and didn't show ourselves up.

Everytime we lose a big game does not mean the world is ending.

ravi2

These lots are just relentless. They want everyone to spent their times being miserable and pointlessly scream and stay outraged over some result most of us expected.

It's a bad result and the performances isn't what we would have liked. We've acknowledged that. Do we need to perpetually keep moaning about it every post we make?
Folks can moan but nothing will truly change until Ed and/or the Glazers are out. Till then, it'll be more of the same shit and I have learned to live with that.

Betson

We are only 30 pts behind them now , if we win our next 10 games and they don't pick up anything we are right back in it , nothing between the teams.

Fooza

Fans expectations have lowered. Only worry is they all think its because of a transition, a transition we've supposedly been for 7years+ and for god knows how long in the future.

Snafu17

Yes, fan opinions on the internet are going to change the way the club is run. It's like you've never seen any social media ever.

I would also like to point out that effort is not the same as a good performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah things change in life. We used to be on top, 7 years ago. Now we're a team fighting for top 4, with loads of key injuries and a very young squad, while they're the best team in the world at their peak.

No use getting depressed and pissed off without reason.

el3mel

Was talking about that in Ole's thread. It's honestly weird. Some of our fans have already accepted mediocrity to the core. I won't say to lose their shite but things like these being said after a loss to our historical rival just shows how standards have dropped.

TBF I think that has been Ole's and Ed's biggest achievement as a manager and a CEO so far, to convince everyone being 5th and losing 0-2 only to league leader are decent showing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some people realise the nuances and detail of football, that’s all. Liverpool finished 4th two seasons ago and there was a huge amount of positivity around them, and the following season, all the predictions were that they, and not United (who finished second) would challenge City. And that was what happened.

It shouldn’t need to be said that people are not happy to lose a game 2-0.

ReallyUSA

I thought this was an American basketballl forum of a team outside the playoffs. I'm used to down periods in sport, but when I read people cosigning that performance it has me worried.

Affirmation

I completely agree with this, it's embarrassing. Especially when taking into consideration how the club is being managed throughout and that a lot of our fans have deluded themselves with where they think this club is going, it comes with no surprise to see the real state we are in.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
What do you want for them not to try at all feck sake!

Paul_Scholes18

Was talking about that in Ole's thread. It's honestly weird. Some of our fans have already accepted mediocrity to the core. I won't say to lose their shite but things like these being said after a loss to our historical rival just shows how standards have dropped.

TBF I think that has been Ole's and Ed's biggest achievement as a manager and a CEO so far, to convince everyone being 5th and losing 0-2 only to league leader are decent showing.
Think most people are pissed though, but might not speak about it here all the time. There is really nothing new with Ole. Lots of people have wanted him gone for a long time. Didn't want to have him going into this season and there has been little to change that.
As times goes it doesn't feel like he will improve things though since we are not really getting better.

MileStolar

If you just consider the circumstances you'll be less disappointed. Our time has passed and theirs has come, it's the circle of life. Don't be bitter about it. They've suffered far longer than we have.

Take a look at our starting line-up and then take a look at our bench. Our quality is simply very low at the moment. But we are young and have a chance to get better if we don't step on our own toes again. Squad is young and thin so there's plenty of room for improvement with both our players getting better and enough space to add new players. It'll get better, brighten up!

Born2Lose

I don't get this "how the standards have slipt" crap. Of course they've slipped unless you've had your head up your ass for the last six years.

I'd take today over the Mourinho's play to not lose crap from last season any day of the week.

Though cowards scoff and traitors sneer.. how apt for this cesspit.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Oh ffs. Liverpool are probably the best club team in the world at the moment. We are where we are at the moment. We gave it a good rattle. What do people want? Should we just stamp our feet until we're winning every match again? Full commitment from all concerned what were people looking for today. Do we abstain from praising anyone involved until we're lifting trophies again?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm torn.

The opening post is moronic since we're literally the only team who hasn't lost to Liverpool this season, and also used to get played off the park routinely at Anfield under Ferguson.

I also think the players for the most part did as well as they could today and again criticisng them for that is just stupid. It's like criticising a brick wall for being made of bricks.

On the other hand (and saying this for the umpteinth time this season), we're a professional football team who repeatedly loses games because we can't be bothered to learn how to defend corners. At this point if you sacked the manager just on this alone it is hard to argue against it, because it is literally unprofessional by definition.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
They are a much better team than us. We played ok, shame about the corner.

Foxbatt

What do you expect when the Manager is willing to accept a 1-0 loss to Liverpool.

Foxbatt

I'm torn.

The opening post is moronic since we're literally the only team who hasn't lost to Liverpool this season, and also used to get played off the park routinely at Anfield under Ferguson.

I also think the players for the most part did as well as they could today and again criticisng them for that is just stupid. It's like criticising a brick wall for being made of bricks.

On the other hand (and saying this for the umpteinth time this season), we're a professional football team who repeatedly loses games because we can't be bothered to learn how to defend corners. At this point if you sacked the manager just on this alone it is hard to argue against it, because it is literally unprofessional by definition.
What are you talking about? We routinely do not get played off the park at Anfield under SAF. yes we have lost occasionally but we always beat them at OT.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
They are a much better team than us.

They have a lot less injury worries than us.

They have made a lot better transfers than us.

They were expected to beat us handsomely.

Member 90887

What a pointless thread.

It's not black and white and there's no point to being negative a'd miserable all the time.

Roboc7

Post SAF every manager we have had sets up not to lose, Ole like Moyes also seems
happy not to get thrashed in certain games.

El Zoido

It’s not about standards slipping, it’s reality. Frankly, the obsession with still believing we’re the best is part of the reason why we keep failing. It’s not until we accept what we are that we can progress beyond it. Anyone who still talks about Man Utd in terms of competing for top prizes is deluded beyond belief.

bonothom

3-1 last season and Mourinho was sacked the following day. 2-0 is basically a worse result cos at least we scored last season and Solskjaer is talking about positives. This team and club has gone nowhere in 13 months. An utter shite manager with and an utterly shite board and owners. If this continues under this management United will still be utter shite in 12 months time. They are an embarrasment